DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

MOSCONI AMPS.

75K views 146 replies 56 participants last post by  gckless 
#1 ·
Has anyone try this Amp. I am now learning about it. Is there any dealers that carry it in the U.S.A. The only info I can find is in Italy.

#43 ·
I have a dealer/installer about 2 minutes from my apartment in SE Texas if anyone is interested. I am certain he will ship.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#53 ·
Again, all I can really refer to is my experience. Mosconi, arc, audison...none of them really do more than the next. There was a certain build up from Mosconi that their amps would be better than audison and arc when compared to the SE line and the LRx line.

I just don't see anything better. I don't hear anything better. I simply see an amp in the same class. Unless I'm missing something, the mosconi's don't offer the digital in like the SE and audison's Voce. That's a selling point to me with what I've got going on.

Other than that, I could take it or leave it.

Mosconi is just another amp.

#54 ·
The Mosconi Amp is far better than the Audison Lrx amps. I have no experience with the Arc so I cannot comment.

My progression of amps have gone from JL to Audison LRx's to Audison Vrx's to Mosconi.

I can tell you than the every progression provided and improvement but honestly the largest improvement was going from the Vrx's to the Mosconi's. I really took a chance on the Mosconi's. I had what some consider to be the upper end of amplifier already with the Vrx's and yet the Mosconi's ate their lunch.

They offer better dynamics, more power and headroom, greater detail, and in my opinion a more detailed and lively sound.

Check out PAS Magazine's review.

#55 ·
I'm not taking sides or anything just stating facts.
I have a few .pdf from a German magazine and I can show you specs of both the AS100.4 and the LRx4.5
-------------------Mosconi --------- Audison
4 ohm: --------- 4x99 (43A) ---- 4x77 (39A)
2 ohm: -------- 4x149 (73A) --- 4x133 (78A)
THD: --------- 0.18%/0.17% - 0.082%/0.101%
S/N ratio: -------- 98dB ------------- 89dB
Damping factor: - 478 -------------- 410
Efficiency: -------- 75% ------------ 42.9%

Ability to bring out details, both have 40 out of 50.

The Mosconi really is a better amp being more efficient and having a lower noise floor but that's about it really - ohh yes, the Mosconi is €50 cheaper.

Kelvin

#56 ·
Ohh yes... One more thing... There freq response is not flat (Mosconi that is).

They have a rising response from 90Hz and down - this is where the dynamics come from ;)

Kelvin

PS: and yes I have documents to prove it but you guyz will have to pay to see it :p

#59 ·
The new voce line specs are no different than the previous Lrx line. They now just have the digital input aspect. I don't want it to be perceived that I am knocking Audison cause I think there amps are awesome. I am just saying that the Mosconi's are in a different leaque all together. Look at the Mosconi 200.4. It is a freakin power house four channel amp with the sound quality to boot.

#60 ·
Just got my AS300.2 delivered to me today. Very impressive looking amp.

Can't wait to get all my gear installed. Mosconi is going to power one Exodus Audio Tempest X-2 woofer.

#62 ·
4ohm only. ;)

I heard these Mosconis have pretty controlled and dynamic bass characteristics.
Only downside is that they need tons and tons of current. We'll see soon if my dealer speaks truth about 'em.

#63 ·
O, it's all true. They have great control. Current wise, they make my voltage meter in my truck dance around alot but when I put a meter on the amps they are getting all the voltage necessary.

I am running the 300.2 in mono with a 2ohm load and the 200.4 on my front stage active all with the stock alternator in a 2010 Toyota Tundra with no problems other than the very minor headlight dimming issues which I can live with.

Other wise they are great amps.

#74 ·
I tested my AS300.2 yesterday on friends car with two 10's. What a difference after some cheap d-class monoblock.

But something happened after good 2 hour listening session. Amp goes instantly in protected mode if trying turn the volume only a bit. All woofer coils read 4ohm and they are wired parallel to 2ohm bridged mode on mosconi.

I hear just clicking sound from woofers when the amp tries to resume normal mode as it flashes red and orange light. Did I burn something up? :(
Funny thing is that when the amp is normal mode I read up 14.4v at power terminals when the car is on, but after it goes in protect mode voltage is barely 12v anymore.

I'm gonna try my Tempest X-2 free air and see is it amp or woofer problem.

#75 · (Edited)
Even though I'm not on the Mosconi bandwagon, get the issue fixed and have another go at it. This is going to be a good chance to see how Mosconi treats you, which should be well actually!

Heath,

Can you post your specs for the voce line? I've been reading some different info. My read into the voce has the AV Quattro at 130 x 4 versus the LRx 4.5 at 70 x 4 (@4 ohms). That is definitely significant in anyone's book. That places the voce quattro in the SE4200 realm...which is right where it needs to be.

Regarding Mosconi being used in chris pate's car...is that REALLY an accurate representation of every day use? That's like me trying to lean on using a certain amp brand because mark Eldridge, Gary Biggs, or Scott Buwalda uses them (whatever brand) in their vehicles. I believe pate is in their comptetition class isn't he? Expert-ish? Not that it isn't good that he uses Mosconi, it's just not in an every day application. If that was the case, I'd be nuthugging on McIntosh! (which I do, I just can't afford them)

You get where I'm going with this? I'm not hating on chris or Mosconi, I'm just erring on the side of caution.

Someone also mentioned the current draw bring pretty heavy on these. That reminds me of the older kicker SS and ZR amps. Mass respect for those in my book. As I remember those had some big current demands.

One other thing...I *hate* trying to post with my phone! Damned autospell kills me!

#76 ·
Your right, lots of the expert class cars are not good respresentations of everyday driver just because of the type of modifications they had to go through, aka center drive etc. However, good amount of time is spent in the car being parked, such as stop lights, traffic etc, so road noise isn't going to effect you as much when your in these situations obvisouley; I personally can hear differences between products when I am dead stopped in these situations.

#77 ·
Sure, at least to a point. No argument there really. However, if I'm running amplifiers that are in the same power range and I hear a difference...there's either something vastly different with the pre amp stage of the amplifiers, or there's something wrong with the amplifier that was vastly in-superior as some have claimed on here.

The claims that get me are likening the Arc versus the Mosconi's to suddenly listening to Symphoni amps after using Pyramid amps.

Oh this Mosconi is SOOOOO vastly superior. GTF out of my face...really?! Go impress a 16 year old. Subtle...subtle at best. I say that, and let the flaming begin, because I've been involved in a mosconi install, and it did NOT impress me as anything special. Bottom line for me is that they seem to be decent amps. I can't start claiming that they blow another brand out of the water simply because they're Mosconi. That' irresponsible.

^yes, I've dealt with Mosconi before. Would I deal with them again? Yeah, maybe if the pricing was right.

I'd rather be running this though, but unfortunately I waited too long and let it sell to a friend of mine:

#80 ·
Sure, at least to a point. No argument there really. However, if I'm running amplifiers that are in the same power range and I hear a difference...there's either something vastly different with the pre amp stage of the amplifiers, or there's something wrong with the amplifier that was vastly in-superior as some have claimed on here.

The claims that get me are likening the Arc versus the Mosconi's to suddenly listening to Sinfoni amps after using Pyramid amps.

Oh this Mosconi is SOOOOO vastly superior. GTF out of my face...really?! Go impress a 16 year old. Subtle...subtle at best. I say that, and let the flaming begin, because I've been involved in a mosconi install, and it did NOT impress me as anything special. Bottom line for me is that they seem to be decent amps. I can't start claiming that they blow another brand out of the water simply because they're Mosconi. That' irresponsible.

^yes, I've dealt with Mosconi before. Would I deal with them again? Yeah, maybe if the pricing was right.

I'd rather be running this though, but unfortunately I waited too long and let it sell to a friend of mine:
Agree with the above... Lots have described the Arc SE to be neutral in tonality - doesn't add a thing, does take away anything, dynamic when need be and so on...
Seeing the Freq response of the Mosconi, I'm sure a well trained ear will be able to hear a difference in an A/B test however that doesn't make 1 amp better than the other, just different.

SQ wise, the reviews I've read can only tell me that the Mosconi doesn't have the typical "Europeen" sound (smooth and warm) but is more leaning towards the "American" type of sound (Dynamic, Dynamic, Dynamic)...

However, I'd like to get my hands on the Gladen AS A Class one day and compare to my Prestigio :D

Kelvin

#78 ·
Woot!

Amp worked in other friend car just fine. :confused:

Wonder what happened in the first place? Short circuit somewhere? Gonna check all wiring tomorrow and hope that I haven't blown the entire car electricals. :D

#83 ·
Not sure about the price in US, the price in Europe is €1300 (something like $1750)
Seems like a few have tried it in Europe, still too new in USA though - John Sketoe is getting a few from the first batch I believe.

Kelvin

#84 ·
:)

Yeah, it was more of a loaded question on my end regarding the A Class. There are some "folks" that are trying them out fully that I am close with. Several of us are looking closely at the 6to8 as well.

I really hate showing my hand. I'm a terrible poker player.

I would imagine given your location, you could talk to Big Red about Mosconi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.