which one is better as far as

on the electrical system?

as far as rms power?

would the kicker push a single voice coil 3ohm 12w7 as good as the jl 1000
would i be able to tell a big diffrence if the jl did push the w7 better

which one is more efficient?

tried to search for this but the search engine wasn't working for me
thanks to anyone that helps

i am also asking cause i've been saving up for a jl 1000 and that would take about 3 to 4 more months
but i recently came up on a deal were i can get the kicker 1000.1 for 100 dollars and i can do that by this friday

so let me know what you guys think?

See less See more
#6 ·
Before I had the rest of my install done, I was running the JL 1000/1(v2) of a stock electrical system. Although it did kill my electrical systems, surprisingly my lights didnt dim anymore than they used to with my old 200x2 kenwood amp. So as far as electrical system, depending on your car and whether or not your doing future upgrades you should be fine.

as far as rms power, Ive always believed that JL watts are true watts. The JL has a regulated power supply, which should be your biggest deal breaker at this point. The JL will put out 1000 watts into any ohm load(between 1.5-4), so you know your sub will always be seeing 1000 watts. The kicker puts out 1000 into 2 ohms, so your sub will probably get more like ~850.

in my opinion, do exactly as 60ndown said. Grab the 1000.1 (make sure you test it before you buy if possible), run it for a few month. If you like it, keep it. If you dont, save up money and buy the JL. I love my 1000/1 but it was a **** load of money and probably could have gotten close to the same performance with something a little cheaper.

#12 ·
Simple answer? Kicker lies about the amp's output.
If the 1000/1 is actually 1000 watts, and I've done 1500.1's on same speakers/box and car, and 1000/1 on the same speakers/box/car, it is far stronger on the 1000/1. Also, the 1000/1 will make the same power from 1.5 to 4 ohms, the kicker 1000.1 will make like 750 on 3 ohms. Since it beats out an amp rated at 500 watts more than itself, the 1000/1 is either SEVERELY underated, or the kicker is OVERrated.

Jay

#15 ·
Kicker lies? That hasn't been my experience with them. Been very happy with their products for years, and years.

I want to see numbers for your claims. Show me where the 1000/1 is actually 1000 watts, and the Kicker is not.

The debate should revolve around regulated or non regulated power supply. There are benefits to the regulated power supply that a non-regulated can't match. However, the non-regulated is not near the current hog that the regulated power supply is. Huge consideration to take into account.

The wider, capable impedance range of the JL is nice, but at what cost?

Frankly, for somebody that seems strapped for cash, a Kicker 1000.1 for $100.00, given the amp is working is awfully damn hard to beat.

Get the Kicker. If in the future you want something bigger, you can rest assured you'll get your $100.00 back for it. That's a knock out price.

#14 ·
#17 ·
yeah i just came across a deal where i can get the alpine pdx 600.1 for 95 dollars.
the guy that said he going to sell me the kicker stop answering my phone calls so now im going to grab the pdx on friday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.