View Poll Results: Are you coming to the Northeast Mega-Meet Saturday & Sunday August 13th & 14th?
Yes, I am coming Saturday August 13th, 2011 2 16.67%
Yes, I am coming Sunday August 14th, 2011 0 0%
Yes, I am coming Both Days, Saturday & Sunday August 13th & 14th 3 25.00%
No, I am not coming, I am a b!$(h and I will be totally wussing out. 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Rep Power: 112 goodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enough

Default Northeast Mega-Meet-Saturday & Sunday August 13th & 14th 2011 in Oakham Ma

Northeast Mega Meet .

Saturday & Sunday, August 13th & 14th 2011 @ 1:00PM.
Route 122 Rest Area
Oakham, Ma.

The location for both days is the rest area on Rte 122 in Oakham, Ma.

It's up the street from the Long Pond Boat Launch.

There will be a Green Alien out by the road to help you find the spot.

If you can't see the alien, ask fourthmeal for help.

Here are the coordinates if you have a gps:

42.377351,-72.029546

This is an informal meet and greet, compare setups, notes etc.

There is no set time limit, although the last one ended around 5 P.M,
So I would guess it will be over around then.

Goodstuff will cook some kind of food, yet to be determined.

He promises his hands will be clean, lol.

If I get enough cash to buy a new battery for my laptop in time for the meet,
I will bring it and we can take frequency response measurements with True RTA.

Feel free to PM me with questions, ideas etc.

I'm going to try a poll and see how it works vs having people reply in the thread
and not be able to edit the list after 24 hours, so just respond to the poll if you are interested.

Thanks,

Goodstuff

Boo, I got a back up plan to the back up plan
To back up my back up plan.

Last edited by goodstuff; 06-14-2011 at 10:21 AM..
goodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Rep Power: 112 goodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Northeast Mega-Meet-Saturday and Sunday August 13th & 14th 2011 in Oakham Ma

Here's a few shots from the last meet, courtesy of Derick Veliz.

Old 06-14-2011   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 asp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Northeast Mega-Meet-Saturday and Sunday August 13th & 14th 2011 in Oakham Ma

I guess I'll be the first to ask this.

Is this a definite 2 day event or is this a feeler to see which day works best for everyone?

asp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp87 View Post
I guess I'll be the first to ask this.

Is this a definite 2 day event or is this a feeler to see which day works best for everyone?
It's a two day event.

Old 06-14-2011   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

OK mass pm'ing is done. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. Sorry about the duplicate message if you got one.

Old 06-14-2011   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 122 chuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enough

Put me down for a Maybe. I can't plan that far in advance right now.

PPI DCX-730 / DLS A5+A8 / TBI TWEP51 / DLS Iridium 6 / DLS OA12 / Work Log
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
Put me down for a Maybe. I can't plan that far in advance right now.
Ok I put you in the possible B!%(h category, just kidding Chris. Thanks for the reply.

Old 06-14-2011   #8

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 asp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enoughasp87 will become famous soon enough

For those that are coming from afar and want to stay both days, there is a lot of pretty good camping reasonably close to this rest area.

I want to say that I'm in as well but am having the same problem as chuyler1. I don't want to commit and then have something really pressing come up last minute. For now, I plan on attending both days. I'll probably grab a campsite somewhere nearby for the night.

asp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 122 chuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enoughchuyler1 will become famous soon enough

BTW, that event in Milford sounds like fun. Would be a good summer goal to clean up the sound of my Car and maybe install those 3" domes...provided they had a SQ judge to listen to cars.

PPI DCX-730 / DLS A5+A8 / TBI TWEP51 / DLS Iridium 6 / DLS OA12 / Work Log
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp87 View Post
For those that are coming from afar and want to stay both days, there is a lot of pretty good camping reasonably close to this rest area.

I want to say that I'm in as well but am having the same problem as chuyler1. I don't want to commit and then have something really pressing come up last minute. For now, I plan on attending both days. I'll probably grab a campsite somewhere nearby for the night.
Sounds Great.
There is a hiking trail literally IN the back of Rest Area Parking Lot if anyone is low on cash and needs to crash somewhere free. Although I don't know if the the cops would be dicks and tow any vehicles that were parked in the lot over night. I guess I will look into that.

Old 06-14-2011   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
BTW, that event in Milford sounds like fun. Would be a good summer goal to clean up the sound of my Car and maybe install those 3" domes...provided they had a SQ judge to listen to cars.
Are you talking about the one on the 27th? Yeah, I like having things like meets and comps to motivate my ass.

Old 06-14-2011   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 201 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna have to bitch out. Thats the weekend I take my son home from his stay up with me.

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
I'm gonna have to bitch out. Thats the weekend I take my son home from his stay up with me.
Damn, I wanted to hear your car. Oh well. Take care chef.

Old 06-14-2011   #14
req
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 131 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

it is possible guys, let me look at my schedule

req is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

I'm trying to find some info about camping in Oakham. I swear the sign on the trail said you needed a permit to camp. I've been digging on the mass dcr and town of Oakham websites but not coming up with much.

Old 06-14-2011   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 101 MaXaZoR will become famous soon enoughMaXaZoR will become famous soon enoughMaXaZoR will become famous soon enoughMaXaZoR will become famous soon enoughMaXaZoR will become famous soon enoughMaXaZoR will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to MaXaZoR

What is up with in the "middle of nowhere" Massachusetts meets?!
MaXaZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXaZoR View Post
What is up with in the "middle of nowhere" Massachusetts meets?!
Better than Jersey. It's all part of the fun.

Old 06-15-2011   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 91 Hispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enough

I'm going to be in the bitch category on this if we can't get a lot more ppl to come or combine with one of the other area shows.
Hispls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

bump

Old 06-17-2011   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 78 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Bump 2...

I just put a new amp for my midbass and it's sweet! before punching 100 watts, Now 150 watts, it's incredible how good it sounds, what a difference it makes with only 50 watts more.

Cheers.

My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... and more!
derickveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz View Post
Bump 2...

I just put a new amp for my midbass and it's sweet! before punching 100 watts, Now 150 watts, it's incredible how good it sounds, what a difference it makes with only 50 watts more.

Cheers.

Derick,
You realllllly got me thinking with your up front bass driver. I am very much considering building a sub enclosure where the glove box is using your idea of taking airspace from the passenger floor. I will keep you posted.

Old 06-17-2011   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 78 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Wink Re: Northeast Mega-Meet-Saturday and Sunday August 13th & 14th 2011 in Oakham Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodstuff View Post
Derick,
You realllllly got me thinking with your up front bass driver. I am very much considering building a sub enclosure where the glove box is using your idea of taking airspace from the passenger floor. I will keep you posted.
Next meeting we can move my sub to the trunk back and forth and feel for your self the difference!

Yes it's gets louder and BOOM BOOM, but if SQ is what you are looking for, to me that's the way to go!

Even with TA I really don't get the same results, and my midbass speakers punch really good, but when you feel the bass coming from the Mids up high in the a-pillars, feel the bass in your body and not on the seat, feels good!.

Take the guess out, some of the best SQ cars have woofer up front! and they called if I remember... "Bass feels so Natural"

(o:

Old 06-17-2011   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 91 Hispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enoughHispls will become famous soon enough

My bass feels like it comes from all around you like a mother's warm embrace

JK

I do like front woofer, but it's very hard to pull off and look clean. The best ones I've seen here cut through and Build a well beneeth the floor of the passanger side. Won't work on most cars. As far as other options, there are some really beefy 6.5" drivers that may be suitible for glove box, or up under the dash applications. A bandpass box under a seat ported up to the front with some HVAC vent of some sort may work as well, but would be a nightmare to pull off I suspect.
Hispls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Talking Re: Northeast Mega-Meet-Saturday and Sunday August 13th & 14th 2011 in Oakham Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hispls View Post
As far as other options, there are some really beefy 6.5" drivers that may be suitible
This is my little project:

I6SW HAT in a 16 inch ported, box 0.35 cu.ft.

(o:

Old 06-17-2011   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hispls View Post

I do like front woofer, but it's very hard to pull off and look clean.
My idea is to leave the glove box door as a cover when parked. We will see how it goes. I need to finish the tweets first, and I've got xs69's on the way to replace the xs65's in the doors. Sold the Seas Mids I was planning on using.