LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 128 Buzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond repute

Default Phoenix Area GTG - May, 2013 - Last One Till Fall

OK, guys, I cancelled the GTG planned for April because it didn't appear that the turnout was going to be sufficient for the effort involved. So, let's see if we can pull something off in May. This will be the last one until the Fall, for obvious reasons: Heat! These are the possible dates: May 11, 18 or 25. It should be noted that there is a SQL competition scheduled for May 19 in Avondale, so it would be good to get thoughts on whether that should eliminate May 18 as a possibility. The event will be hosted by Soundz N Performance in Tempe. The shop opened at this location in January of this year, and is located off the I10 and Elliott Rd. There is a lot of good parking. Here is a link to their website: Home - SOUNDZ -N-PERFORMANCE Mike Guy, the owner, is excited to host this event. I would still like to do the Panel Discussion on Tuning, but that will depend on the turnout. Otherwise, it will just be a casual gathering of Car audio enthusiasts. Please share your thoughts and let us know your date preference.

Spkrs.: Phass (AT25 - Tweeter, FD 0590 -Midrange, MD 0875- Midbass). Amps: Phass (RE 4.25 and RE 50). Subwoofer: Custom AudioTechnology Flex Unit 12" powered by TRU B2200S (Op Amp + Cap Upgrades). Head Unit: Eclipse 55090. Processor: Audison Bit One.1 Modified; Cables: Phass SC1 Spkr. cable and Si1 Interconnect.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 jporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Phoenix Area GTG - May, 2013 - Last One Till Fall

I would love to make this meeting. I am new to the group and would be very interested in the tuning session. I have all the active equipment, but am staying passive until break in the speakers and gain a better understanding of EQ, and crossover points. I cannot make a 5/11 meeting but the other two options work. Looking forward to meeting with some of the local enthusiast. Jeff
jporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 128 Buzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter View Post
I would love to make this meeting. I am new to the group and would be very interested in the tuning session. I have all the active equipment, but am staying passive until break in the speakers and gain a better understanding of EQ, and crossover points. I cannot make a 5/11 meeting but the other two options work. Looking forward to meeting with some of the local enthusiast. Jeff
Jeff, welcome to the Valley of the Sun. We have a good group of folks, and I look forward to meeting you. Hopefully, we settle on a date that works for you.

Spkrs.: Phass (AT25 - Tweeter, FD 0590 -Midrange, MD 0875- Midbass). Amps: Phass (RE 4.25 and RE 50). Subwoofer: Custom AudioTechnology Flex Unit 12" powered by TRU B2200S (Op Amp + Cap Upgrades). Head Unit: Eclipse 55090. Processor: Audison Bit One.1 Modified; Cables: Phass SC1 Spkr. cable and Si1 Interconnect.
Old 04-25-2013   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 123 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

Just pick a date and I'll try to make it
HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #5

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 31 FairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enough

My vote is for the 11th!!
FairLacyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 81 ISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enough

I like the 11th, followed by the 25th
ISTundra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ learner

Rep Power: 57 07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough

I can do either of those dates. If the 11th I need to know soon though to get the night off.

A hu feeding some amps pushing some speakers
07azhhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

Let's wait for a few more replies before finalizing the date. But, so far it looks as though May 11 is leading the way.

Old 04-27-2013   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

just another guy

Rep Power: 45 MasterMod will become famous soon enoughMasterMod will become famous soon enoughMasterMod will become famous soon enoughMasterMod will become famous soon enoughMasterMod will become famous soon enoughMasterMod will become famous soon enough

I have no clue what days I can do...but I'll try my best to be there! I have family coming in town in May, but no one knows when yet lol.
MasterMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #10

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 61 The real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enough

doesnt matter what date. lets do this....

2006, Chevy HHR
OEM DECK, FOCAL-KRX3 3way comps active- sub-27KX sub, (2) ALPINE-MRV-F540 (1) Alpine-MRD-M1000 JBL MS8
The real Subzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #11
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

OK guys, our host wants to do the event on May 18th. He plans to market this to his customers, and believes the extra time is necessary for them to plan. I can't disagree with that thinking. So we can plan accordingly (food, etc.) please indicate if you will be attending, and how many will be in your party. Let's get a great turnout of DIYMA members so we can make this a rocking event.

Old 05-01-2013   #12

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 69 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

/hmmmmm...... I will be coming back from Hotlanta that Friday.....

Maybe I can swing it!

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno14 View Post
/hmmmmm...... I will be coming back from Hotlanta that Friday.....

Maybe I can swing it!
That would be awesome D. Hope you can make it.

Old 05-03-2013   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ learner

Rep Power: 57 07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough07azhhr will become famous soon enough

I will be there. I see the host is a RE dealer so "if" I can get my new box built by then I guess I will have to rock the RE 15 insted of the Funkin 15 lol.

A hu feeding some amps pushing some speakers
07azhhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 jporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enoughjporter will become famous soon enough

What time on the 18th will this be taking place?
jporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013   #16
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter View Post
What time on the 18th will this be taking place?
To be firmed up, but most likely 11:00 a.m or Noon.

Old 05-06-2013   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!

Owner

Rep Power: 5000 DIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond reputeDIYMA has a reputation beyond repute

My Schedule looks clear..
I'll be there

ANT

DIYMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #18
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

Come on guys, surely we can get more than 4 people to commit to attend a GTG.

Old 05-09-2013   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 81 ISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enough

Oh alright, I'll go too
ISTundra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #20

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 61 The real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enough

3 people on my end confirmed to attend

2006, Chevy HHR
OEM DECK, FOCAL-KRX3 3way comps active- sub-27KX sub, (2) ALPINE-MRV-F540 (1) Alpine-MRD-M1000 JBL MS8
The real Subzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #21

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 49 Offroader5 will become famous soon enoughOffroader5 will become famous soon enoughOffroader5 will become famous soon enoughOffroader5 will become famous soon enoughOffroader5 will become famous soon enoughOffroader5 will become famous soon enough

Not going to have my new equipment like I was hoping, but I'll come hang out.

John - '03 Titanium 4Runner V8 Limited My Build Thread
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad" - Miles Kington
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

Now we're talking. Please keep the responses coming. We won't be doing this again till October, so let's get a great turnout. Spread the word to your fellow DIYMA compadres and ask them to post a response. Thanks!

Old 05-09-2013   #23

Administrator

12V Company:
BMI Inspections
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 5000 PPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond repute

Subscribed.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

Listen for the LOVE of it to the Art of it for the SOUL in it and the FUN of it...Because you know when it's right. ----Carolyn Hall Young

TEAM GRIZZ
PPI-ART COLLECTOR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #24

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 31 FairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enoughFairLacyZ will become famous soon enough

Work that day or I would love to.
FairLacyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013   #25
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ignition Mobile Hi-Fi
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairLacyZ View Post
Work that day or I would love to.
Depending on your work hours, you might be able to drop by for a bit. Based on past events, we will likely be hanging till after the sun sets.