LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 64 papasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enough

Default GTG at Simplicityinsound, December 7, 2013

I'm posting this per Bing's request. Bing and JOey have been quite busy, but have been wanting to do a GTG to follow-up since their grand opening and this date and time works for them.

What: Come join Bing, JOey and a few others for a relaxing day (I think Bing and JOey needs this more than the rest of us ). Come check out their facility, especially for those that weren't able to make it for the open house, and check out some awesome builds and listen to some nice sounding cars. EVERYONE is invited.

When: Saturday, December 7th. From 10am to 4pm

Where:
Simplicity In Sound
879 Ames Ave
Milpitas, CA 95035

Simplicityinsound is centrally located, within 10 mins from highway 880, 680 and 237. Here is both a map and an overhead satellite image with the lot in red.

Cost: Free to attend. Might need to figure something out for food.

Parking: SiS doesn't have a huge lot, though everyone else is closed on Saturdays per the last event. Something like 20-25 cars in the lot can park and still leave a lane for people to come in and leave. Like last time, will likely reserve an area immediately around the garage door opening for customers and demo vehicles. However, Ames Ave, which is wide and not very busy, is for the most part, open to free street parking along its entire lengths. If you have a vehicle you are willing to let others demo, try to get here a little early so you can park in the main lot. If not, it would be appreciated if you parked along Ames Ave. to allow more cars that folks can demo.

Contact: If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post and Bing/JOey can chime in or I'll do what I can to help.

Last edited by papasin; 11-06-2013 at 03:29 PM..
papasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Sound-Off Promoter

12V Company:
teambassick.com
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 64 Team Bassick - Kimo will become famous soon enoughTeam Bassick - Kimo will become famous soon enoughTeam Bassick - Kimo will become famous soon enoughTeam Bassick - Kimo will become famous soon enoughTeam Bassick - Kimo will become famous soon enoughTeam Bassick - Kimo will become famous soon enough

Default Re: GTG at Simplicityinsound, December 7, 2013

should be epic......

Team Bassick - Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 80 rton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enough

Thanks for working with Bing and Joey to get this scheduled. I'll do my best to make it up there.
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 114 shinjohn will become famous soon enoughshinjohn will become famous soon enoughshinjohn will become famous soon enoughshinjohn will become famous soon enoughshinjohn will become famous soon enoughshinjohn will become famous soon enough

Nice, glad a date settled out and we can do it at Bing and Joey's place.
Count me in.

shinjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #5

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 145 simplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound

thanks Richard for posting this, we have just been swamped trying to get three big jobs done...one is leaving this week, and hope to get the rest done by end of the months, and then we can finally take a breath and work on some smaller projects.

we will put up more details to this as time goes

2012-2013 Mobile Electronics Magazine Top 100 Installer
Facebook
Website
Yelp
simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #6

Administrator

12V Company:
BMI Inspections
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 5000 PPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond repute

In for the fun.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

Listen for the LOVE of it to the Art of it for the SOUL in it and the FUN of it...Because you know when it's right. ----Carolyn Hall Young

TEAM GRIZZ
PPI-ART COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 76 UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough

Can I park a truck and trailer along that street? I'll be trailering my truck up.

2012 Ram R/T
DRZ9255, 6to8v8, Mosconi AS200.4 (x2), Focal Utopia Be N*7, Illusion Audio Carbon C12XL
UNBROKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 80 rton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enoughrton20s will become famous soon enough

Bing or Joey would probably be better to answer. But judging by their open house event, I would say yes.
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #9

Administrator

12V Company:
BMI Inspections
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 5000 PPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond reputePPI-ART COLLECTOR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
Can I park a truck and trailer along that street? I'll be trailering my truck up.
I don't see why not.
It's a wide and fairly long street with little traffic.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

Listen for the LOVE of it to the Art of it for the SOUL in it and the FUN of it...Because you know when it's right. ----Carolyn Hall Young

TEAM GRIZZ
Old 11-06-2013   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 37 Jazzi will become famous soon enoughJazzi will become famous soon enoughJazzi will become famous soon enoughJazzi will become famous soon enoughJazzi will become famous soon enoughJazzi will become famous soon enoughJazzi will become famous soon enough

I'll be there too!

Thanks to Richard, JOey, Bing, and everyone else for making it happen.

Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
My 2002 VW Golf stealth SQ build (an engineering student's perspective)
Team West Coast Audiophiles - promoting collaboration at all levels, and strengthening the community
Jazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 149 cvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enough

in it

2001 Honda S2000
Head: Pioneer P99 + Samsung Note 3
Amplifiers: 3,000w+ Zeff class G/H power
MMT 2-way: Aurum Cantus AST2560 Air Motion Transformers, dual Scan Speak Revelator 12M, dual Tympany LAT700
cvjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 70 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of light

I'm gonna try to make this one. Guess it depends on insurance and if we can get a replacement car by then. Its been too long since I've been to one of these though.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #13
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Simplicity in Sound
Position:
co-owner

Rep Power: 86 JOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
I don't see it being a problem, trucks park along the street quite often. The only traffic on saturday's is normally just people going to the humane society..

2013 Mobile Electronics Magazine Top 12 Installer
2013 MECA Installation Judge
2013 MECA Sound Quality Judge
SiS doer of stuff
JOey@simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 64 papasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enough

Let's try to get a list of screen names and their cars like the other gtg threads...

1. simplicityinsound - Subaru Legacy
2. JOey@simplicityinsound - Toyota Tundra
3. papasin - Civic SI sedan
4. rton20s - Scion XB
5. shinjohn - Honda Pilot
6. PPI-ART Collector - Suburban gonna make it? or Fit? or Odyssey?
7. UNBROKEN - Ram
8. Jazzi - Golf
9. cvjoint - S2000
10. TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL - Neon

Please feel free to correct things if I got something wrong

EDIT: Please quote and append as folks join.

Last edited by papasin; 11-06-2013 at 10:26 PM..
Old 11-06-2013   #15
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Simplicity in Sound
Position:
co-owner

Rep Power: 86 JOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond repute

And, thanks Richard for helping out! I am SSOOOOOOooooo ready to be done with some of these projects and be able to knock out a bunch of little ones! :-)

Hopefully this weekend Bing can get the log up on the SL55 we are working on. It is turning out really nice..

SiS doer of stuff
Old 11-06-2013   #16
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Simplicity in Sound
Position:
co-owner

Is there a Mrs. absent from that list??? I wanna hear the smart again! I gotta point out that pop to you! lol..

SiS doer of stuff
Old 11-06-2013   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
I'll be there too!

Thanks to Richard, JOey, Bing, and everyone else for making it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOey@simplicityinsound View Post
And, thanks Richard for helping out! I am SSOOOOOOooooo ready to be done with some of these projects and be able to knock out a bunch of little ones! :-)

Hopefully this weekend Bing can get the log up on the SL55 we are working on. It is turning out really nice..
No problem guys, glad to help. UNBROKEN's coming all the way from SoCal, sounds like couple folks from central cal also looking to make it, Justin's coming from Chico, Bret's coming from the Sierra's somewhere, etc....should be really fun. I'll let the Mrs answer your question Joey...

Last edited by papasin; 11-06-2013 at 10:40 PM..
Old 11-06-2013   #18
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Simplicity in Sound
Position:
co-owner

What about the Magic bus? I would love to hear it! Also, I wonder if Gary can make it, I would like to hear his car again, and hang out with him some more!

SiS doer of stuff
Old 11-06-2013   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 70 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of lightTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasin View Post
Let's try to get a list of screen names and their cars like the other gtg threads...

1. simplicityinsound - Subaru Legacy
2. JOey@simplicityinsound - Toyota Tundra
3. papasin - Civic SI sedan
4. rton20s - Scion XB
5. shinjohn - Honda Pilot
6. PPI-ART Collector - Suburban gonna make it? or Fit? or Odyssey?
7. UNBROKEN - Ram
8. Jazzi - Golf
9. cvjoint - S2000
10. TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL - Unknown

Please feel free to correct things if I got something wrong

EDIT: Please quote and append as folks join.
I won't have something to demo this time. Neon is currently systemless, and camless. Wifes civic gave its life to save ours last monday, so its gone, and after today, I have the feeling were going to have to fight insurance for everything. Been driving my dads insight, but he'll likely need it before then.

Hopefully, we'll have a new car by then. If not, I may have to get the engine in the neon back together and drive it up anyways.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #20

Administrator

12V Company:
BMI Inspections
Position:
Owner

At the Phoenix GTGs, they always put together a demo cd......maybe?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

TEAM GRIZZ
Old 11-06-2013   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 76 UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough

I'll be driving my crew cab Chevy up there if anyone wants to ride from SoCal. I'll be heading up Friday and coming back Sat after we're done.

2012 Ram R/T
DRZ9255, 6to8v8, Mosconi AS200.4 (x2), Focal Utopia Be N*7, Illusion Audio Carbon C12XL

Last edited by UNBROKEN; 11-07-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 11-06-2013   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

And Mrs Papasin....I'll be proud to have you listen again and get your input this time. I think you'll be pleased with the changes.

2012 Ram R/T
Old 11-06-2013   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOey@simplicityinsound View Post
What about the Magic bus? I would love to hear it! Also, I wonder if Gary can make it, I would like to hear his car again, and hang out with him some more!
Don't you mean, what about the Master class winner, and that JT guy? lol

J/K. I've sent PMs and I imagine they'll come on here.

Old 11-06-2013   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
I won't have something to demo this time. Neon is currently systemless, and camless. Wifes civic gave its life to save ours last monday, so its gone, and after today, I have the feeling were going to have to fight insurance for everything. Been driving my dads insight, but he'll likely need it before then.

Hopefully, we'll have a new car by then. If not, I may have to get the engine in the neon back together and drive it up anyways.
Yeah, I saw in your sound deadening thread. Glad you and the family are ok. Hope to never have that happen, but good to know how well the 8th gen Civics protect the occupants. Wish you the best in getting things back to normal.

Old 11-06-2013   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI-ART COLLECTOR View Post
At the Phoenix GTGs, they always put together a demo cd......maybe?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Are you volunteering Bret?