2017 NCSQ Meet: 7-8 APRIL 2017 - near Greensboro, NC - Page 17 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2017   #401
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 95 claydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: 2017 NCSQ Meet: 7-8 APRIL 2017 - near Greensboro, NC

MEANER MEANER MEANER MEANER.

(Tis the sound of claydo broadcasting good luck vibes towards Alabama)
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to claydo For This Useful Post:
ErinH (03-15-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2017   #402

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25981 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

haha. thanks.

I just gave them a call to make sure it would be back to me by the end of the month and was told that wasn't a problem. So long as I get it before then I'm fine. I can do any kind of tweak/tuning on it pretty quickly since I already have a pretty decent tune on it. Just need to re-adjust gains since I've gotten a new headunit. So assuming they don't have any hiccups I should be OK for the meet. I don't like cutting it close like this, though. That said, last year I was still building the kicks the day before I left for the meet. So at least I'm ahead of the game in that regard. lol

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

My 2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build Log
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017   #403
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feel bad about cutting it close Erin. I still have a WHOLE install to do. Lucky for me it will be a fairly simple install once I get going. I'm off tomorrow so might be able to knock the doors, factory amp tapping, and wiring out in one day if I don't piddle too much. On the wires cut at the factory amp one end will go to the Fix and other end to the 800/8. With my low power plans the factory 18g will be fine and everything except the back doors (only using front doors, sails, and d-pillars anyway) is run active from the factory. Box is already built and mostly carpeted. Think I came to your house one time with an install less than a week old. The truck I traded in was identical to the new one on the inside (09 Ram traded for a 11 Ram) so everything was already figured out.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream pn4.520d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017   #404
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 197 captainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to all

I'm really glad you decided to get it repaired up Erin. That's a cool piece of old school audio history there and an awesome amp. Hopefully it will serve you for many years to come after getting some clean up and refreshening.

I'll be bringing a little surprise to the GTG myself too.

------------------------------------------------------
2016 Pennsylvania State Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- IASCA Amateur
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017   #405

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 593 BigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post

BigAl205 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017   #406

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25981 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
I'm really glad you decided to get it repaired up Erin. That's a cool piece of old school audio history there and an awesome amp. Hopefully it will serve you for many years to come after getting some clean up and refreshening.

Finally! That litter of kittens... they are too adorable!

wait, did I just ruin the surprise?

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:

Old 03-15-2017   #407
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 178 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
Finally! That litter of kittens... they are too adorable!

wait, did I just ruin the surprise?
Kitties!?!?! I loves kitties!

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017   #408

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 38 Craig will become famous soon enoughCraig will become famous soon enoughCraig will become famous soon enoughCraig will become famous soon enoughCraig will become famous soon enoughCraig will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
I'll be bringing my VW to the meet with the TM65 mkII's and M25's hooked up and playing. I'm very satisfied with their performance and will be available for demo's while I'm there if anyone wants to take a listen.
I grabbed the wrong quote, but am too lazy to go back and get the right one.

I appreciate the offer of building me a set of speakers! I am definitely interested, but that is totally your call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
I have a pair of JL Audio ZR650 mids that I may be willing to sell that would be under your price cap.

Still a bit undecided. I have a set of JBL 660 GTIs what are supposed to go in but I REALLY like the JL mids, I'm a bit reluctant to pull them out.
I appreciate the offer! Let me know what you decide!

Sorry for taking awhile to get back. I never got an email notification from the thread and hadn't checked back!
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017   #409
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 172 bbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I need everyone's good luck vibes...

My Mcintosh amp fried last month. Bad. I called up George Meyer AV (authorized repair for Mcintosh) and they said they could repair it in 7-10 days. So, off it went. It's now been a month and one day since they got it and charged me the $75 estimate fee. I talked to them yesterday and was told they just looked at it Monday but they should have it repaired by early next week.

Since they're in cali, shipping time is a business week. Needless to say, I'm gonna be cutting it close here. I'm just hoping like heck they get this thing taken care of and back to me in time to make the meet. If not, well...

I was going to take advantage of the downtime and clean up the car all nice-like. Full polish/wax. But that money has now been diverted to the ~$1k repair cost. Sheesh...
Ahhhhh Crap! Really sorry to hear the extent of the damage, Amigo. I thought that you had purchased a Mc that had already been upgraded or checked out!?!? Unfortunately, applying power to these old things when something is wrong just causes more damage. IIRC, it seems that someone tried to give you a heads up...

2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build Neverending Tale

Hope that George Meyer AV keeps their word and gets this back to you on time! I'll stop by and "crack the whip"!

On another note:

Check out this Track by Italian Jazz Drummer, Roberto Gatto, from his Nino! CD. (Yeah sorry, it's a Jazz Swing tune). But it's got a great Sound Stage and all of the Instruments have great realism with excellent layering.

At around the 3:20 mark there is A LOT going on, but each instrument has a very focused placement in the sound stage. At about 3:50 there is a Drum Solo, and then towards the end at 5:05+ there is some other cool stuff going on.

It is TRACK #12: Roberto Gatto - Nino! - 12. Su Lungotevere (Drum Solo at 3m53s)

bbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017   #410

Bikinpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post
Ahhhhh Crap! Really sorry to hear the extent of the damage, Amigo. I thought that you had purchased a Mc that had already been upgraded or checked out!?!? Unfortunately, applying power to these old things when something is wrong just causes more damage. IIRC, it seems that someone tried to give you a heads up...

2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build Neverending Tale

Yep, you were right. I'd send you a prize but I can't afford the shipping (or the prize).

But in my defense, I did knowingly "hope for the best" and there's no telling for sure what caused the issue. So, chalk one up to first hand learning, I suppose.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:

Old 03-15-2017   #411
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 49 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry Erin that you have to go through all the hassle and expense. I hope that the repairs go smoothly and efficiently and they can get the unit back in the mail quickly.

If they are going through all that trouble, would it not make sense to replace all the capacitors? And other parts to make it refurbished, rather than just repaired? Just curious.

High Resolution Audio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017   #412

Bikinpunk

That's the plan, actually. Like you said, might as well.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:

Old 03-15-2017   #413
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 49 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's the plan, actually. Like you said, might as well.
Sorry that it costs that much, unexpectedly, but it will be worth it for the years ( hopefully ) of enjoyment you will get from it. I have my fingers crossed for you as far as getting it back in time.

High Resolution Audio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to High Resolution Audio For This Useful Post:
ErinH (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017   #414
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 117 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Caps. Op amps. Adjust bias. Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN
subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to subterFUSE For This Useful Post:
captainobvious (03-15-2017)
Old 03-17-2017   #415
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Rooms are booked and install is just about ready to fire up. Staying halfway between here and there on the way up so I'll be somewhat fresh for the pre-meet.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream pn4.520d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hillbilly SQ For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (03-17-2017), ErinH (03-17-2017), Notloudenuf (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017   #416
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 172 bbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the rough

Arrrrgh! This site is still wonky. I'm reading Hillbilly SQ 's post #400 on the bottom of the 16th page, but it's showing a total of 17 pages. When I click on "17" it just reloads page 16.

EDIT: Okay...weird. I just posted the above and it shows up at the Top of Page 17 as Post #401...with no other posts on this page. Oh well, carry on.
bbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017   #417
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 124 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

Just done much the same thing, room booked, although it's on Saturday night. Driving down Saturday morning, then about a third of the way home Saturday evening. Tune is also as good as I think I can get it.

A tablet, a DSP, some amps, speakers and a suitcase
naiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to naiku For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017   #418
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 178 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Little ride down the road to fill a growler.. Guys I'm ready. I'm gonna tune for giggles and kill some resonances but I got a file saved. Ready ready ready!!! Wooo hooo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Old 03-17-2017   #419
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 159 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

If anyone needs my address for the pre-meet on Friday - PM me. Will be getting Pizzas - our usual, so have some cash.

Also, I found a decent car wash near the Hampton Inn in Archdale where a few of you may be staying. I'll get the address tomorrow and post it.

bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017   #420

Bikinpunk

How many of you guys would want a copy of my demo disc? I'm gonna try to make one for those who want one but I don't think I'll have time to burn 30-something copies.

I may also just upload the tracks for people to download before they come to the meet*. So LMK if there's anyone who would want a CD copy (I'll provide a link for those who want via PM).

*If you're not coming to the meet don't PM me about a link to the disc. I don't like to pass around this stuff freely.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:

Last edited by ErinH; 03-19-2017 at 11:49 AM..
Old 03-19-2017   #421
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA member

Rep Power: 59 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

We'll I'm still rocking your disc from last spring in my car right now. It makes me walk like an Egyptian when I'm wondering if this is the end and I want to smash someone with a sledgehammer to enjoy the silence.

So yeah I'm in for a download.

The best way to dummy proof is to get rid of the dummies
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Theslaking For This Useful Post:
ErinH (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017   #422
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Quote:
How many of you guys would want a copy of my demo disc? I'm gonna try to make one for those who want one but I don't think I'll have time to burn 30-something copies.

I may also just upload the tracks for people to download before they come to the meet*. So LMK if there's anyone who would want a CD copy (I'll post up a link for those who don't).

*If you're not coming to the meet don't PM me about a link to the disc. I don't like to pass around this stuff freely.

Sure I imagine there's a few folks out there still in the 90's with those disk players. LOL!

I'll burn a few myself if I can get to the Mac long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Build Log
Old 03-19-2017   #423
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 159 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I may also just upload the tracks for people to download before they come to the meet*. So LMK if there's anyone who would want a CD copy (I'll provide a link for those who want via PM).

Likewise - if you would like to get a link for download of my disc - send me a PM, and I'll provide a link. I'll also have a handful of discs burned at the meet, and I'll have a thumb drive with the tracks that can be copied to your 'puter.....

bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017   #424
DIYMA 500 Club

NCSQ Founding Member

Rep Power: 136 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

I'd like a burned copy of both please.

I like building stuff. I'm not very good at it but I enjoy it.
Notloudenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017   #425
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 95 claydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of light

I'm with kendal.....lol, I would like a disc from each of you guys, if it's not a problem!
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement