2017 NCSQ Meet: 7-8 APRIL 2017 - near Greensboro, NC - Page 4 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017   #76
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 93 claydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: 2017 NCSQ Meet: 7-8 APRIL 2017 - near Greensboro, NC

Our nation's lack of support for veterans is embarrassing. Getting injured while serving your country should get you the best medical care available......automatically and free of hassle.......wtf? This pisses me off, and I don't understand why it constantly gets swept under the rug. As a country, we should all be ashamed.......these stories are everywhere......
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2017   #77
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 157 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

You have said something there.......but, I love this particular story because my friend created opportunities to overcome. After the surgery, his body was so broken down, and then the inevitable weight gain.....so he started running......he recently did a 53 mile charity run Hurts me to think about it. He still struggles with work.....he was with a local PD where the Chief was a complete putz - butted heads a lot about policies, training, and tactics so Lylje left. Hopefully he will get hooked up with something good when he gets his Masters.

bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017   #78
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 123 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

Hey Jason let me know if you need any tweeters or crossovers for the install. I have a set of 2 way crossovers from a Massive Audio CK6 set and the matching tweeters. I may even have some Alpine Type R coax if you could use them. They are in my rear doors currently, but have been disconnected for who knows how long.
naiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017   #79
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 157 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Ian! That would be fantastic to be able to use those tweets / crossovers. Another member is donating 4" coax and I'm sending 3" drivers - so if there is no way to get the 4's anywhere in the truck, the 3's and tweets may do the trick.

Old 01-07-2017   #80
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 249 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that's quite the story especially doing all that running after a back surgery like that. He doesn't mess around! My best friend had to have his L3-L4, L4-L5 fused over the summer and he said it's the best decision he's ever made. He's wading through deep mud in chest waders now shooting ducks!

OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...HASTE MAKES WASTE
Hillbilly SQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #81
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 138 DBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enough

I'll try and make this one. Not sure what I'll be driving.
DBlevel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #82

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 76 kmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enough

Sorry, brother, but I won't be able to make it. I'll be out of the country this week, returning on the Sunday after��
kmbkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #83
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlevel View Post
I'll try and make this one. Not sure what I'll be driving.
It would be great to see you Russ.......leaving us intrigued on the 'not sure what I'll be driving' piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbkk View Post
Sorry, brother, but I won't be able to make it. I'll be out of the country this week, returning on the Sunday after��
I hate to hear that my friend.....hopefully we will meet up at Ian's in May. I NEED to get those speakers to you!

Ian's Virginia Spring Meet - let's go to that one! It will be a good time - especially for those who can't make it down to NC.

Ian's Spring Meet in Virginia

Thank you again to those who have responded to my friend's son's build. I'll hopefully start a build thread for him in the future. He has an extended cab older F150 that they bought from a friend in perfect condition. He has another friend who has done some installation work, so hopefully the install will be done well. Chris has mentioned that he has some long RCAs and other wiring goodies, so that will get him going in that respect. I appreciate everyone's response.....he is extremely excited to have this come together......he was pretty jazzed to hear the BRZ when I was up in Ohio for the Parts Express meet......he wants to get the truck to sound at least as good as the BRZ if not better

Old 01-07-2017   #84
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 249 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Those older f-150's are good trucks. 93-96 body being my favorite.

OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...HASTE MAKES WASTE
Old 01-07-2017   #85
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 87 EeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enough

I have an pair of old school Pyle subs I'd be happy to donate... don't remember whether they are 10's or 12's, but they've been boxed up for a number of years and should be in good shape.
EeeDeeEye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #86

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 76 kmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertholomey View Post
I hate to hear that my friend.....hopefully we will meet up at Ian's in May. I NEED to get those speakers to you!

Ian's Virginia Spring Meet - let's go to that one! It will be a good time - especially for those who can't make it down to NC.

Ian's Spring Meet in Virginia

Thank you again to those who have responded to my friend's son's build. I'll hopefully start a build thread for him in the future. He has an extended cab older F150 that they bought from a friend in perfect condition. He has another friend who has done some installation work, so hopefully the install will be done well. Chris has mentioned that he has some long RCAs and other wiring goodies, so that will get him going in that respect. I appreciate everyone's response.....he is extremely excited to have this come together......he was pretty jazzed to hear the BRZ when I was up in Ohio for the Parts Express meet......he wants to get the truck to sound at least as good as the BRZ if not better
Yeah, I should be in town in May! Let me know what you need for your buddy's son's build.
kmbkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #87

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 22 KrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enough

I'm looking forward to this meet. I just started working on my system again after a long break. We finally got the new garage's concrete slab poured and I no longer have to work in the dirt, bound by daylight and at the weather's mercy.

It's 12 x 28' so plenty of space.
I can also bring a power cable drum with me to get power closer to where the cars are parked as well as a charger in case there is an extra one needed.

(Oo==[][]==oO)
1984 BMW 528e Lightweight build thread
80prs --> NVX JAD900.5 --> JBL P560C Mids & NVX XSPTW Tweets + NVX VCW154 Sub
KrautNotRice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #88

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 59 RRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished road

Jason, I do not have any amps for sale, But I would gladly Throw a couple $$ in a hat to start up a collection for his amp purchase. I have something I need to pay forward, sooo... And Maybe it will start something snowballing. If not, he can use it for wiring, accessories, whatever.
Pm me your address, and I'll get an envelope in the mail.
Ron

DEX P99rs / Zapco / CDT / SI / MECA Street 3rd place 2016 World Finals
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #89
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 87 EeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enoughEeeDeeEye will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrautNotRice View Post
I'm looking forward to this meet. I just started working on my system again after a long break. We finally got the new garage's concrete slab poured and I no longer have to work in the dirt, bound by daylight and at the weather's mercy.

I can also bring a power cable drum with me to get power closer to where the cars are parked as well as a charger in case there is an extra one needed.
Martin, looking forward to seeing you again! Hopefully your dad will come along again, I really enjoyed speaking with him last time!
EeeDeeEye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #90
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Nice shed Martin. I'm jealous because I'm one of those guys that have to install over dirt and grass. I could pull into the small shop and almost get the doors open but it's so full of crap it's not worth the hassle. Rizz-good things come to people that keep the cycle going by paying it forward. Glad you're helping out. Giving feels better than receiving anyway

Old 01-08-2017   #91
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 176 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrautNotRice View Post

Very nice! Will be good to see you again. Hope to see and hear some old-school BMW goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017   #92
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 194 captainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of light

Sweet garage space Martin. Should have plenty of workspace room with that

------------------------------------------------------
2016 Pennsylvania State Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- IASCA Amateur
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017   #93
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Thank you again guys for the outpouring for my friend Andrew's son Isaiah's first car audio build. He is extremely excited to get this thing going. I thought it would be nice to post a pic of Andrew (center) and Isaiah (left - used to have a military hair cut....kids these days.....). Again, one of the coolest families I know.

Old 01-10-2017   #94
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 137 casey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enough

Dont worry Russ, Ill add your name for you.

Ill get off work to come to this since I never make it to fall meets

1) Jason (bertholomey) - 2013 Subaru BRZ - North Carolina
2) James (jpf150) - 2006 mustang gt - NC
3) Bo (zippy) - 2007 Toyota RAV4 - Ohio
4) Mike (Velozity) - 2008 Toyota Sequoia or 2003 Nissan 350Z (if it's done) - New Jersey
5) Terry (MrGreen83) - 2014 Nissan Maxima - Virginia
6) Jeremy (theslaking) - 2001 Maxima - New York
7) Steve (Captainobvious) 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 - Pennsylvania
8) Ian (naiku) - 2006 Audi A4 Avant - Virginia
9) Alan (BigSexy) - 2015 Ford Explorer - Alabama
10) Martin (KrautNotRice) 1984 BMW 528 - Souf Carolina
11) Erin (ErinH) - 2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Alabama
12) Scott (Babs) - 2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan - NC
13) Bill (probillygun) - 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser - PA
14) Chris (Hillbilly SQ) - 14 Grand Cherokee Limited - Arkansas
15) Clay (claydo) - 09 cobalt
16) John (subterFUSE) - 2012 Mercedes S63 AMG - SC
17) Eric (mumbles/EeeDeeEye) - '16 Mustang - ATL
18) Ranjith (Kraken) - 2016 Accord
19) Frank (LocomotiveTech) - 2014 Civic - Delaware
20) Kendal (Notloudenuf) - 2005 Escape - North Carolina
21) Russ (DBlevel) - doubt it - NC
22) Casey (casey) - 1995 Integra - NC

I love to overthink things.
2008 Civic Log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...an-exodus.html
casey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017   #95
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Don't worry Russ, Ill add your name for you.

Ill get off work to come to this since I never make it to fall meets
Thanks Casey for policing him up Would be great to see you again!

Old 01-11-2017   #96

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 59 RRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished road

Jason,
Just wanted to let you know I dropped a letter for Isaiah today.
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017   #97
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Awesome Ron! He is getting a few things sent to him this week.......I need to get on the ball and send those mid bass drivers.....as soon as I get out of Florida!

Old 01-12-2017   #98

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 22 KrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeeDeeEye View Post
Martin, looking forward to seeing you again! Hopefully your dad will come along again, I really enjoyed speaking with him last time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
Nice shed Martin. I'm jealous because I'm one of those guys that have to install over dirt and grass. I could pull into the small shop and almost get the doors open but it's so full of crap it's not worth the hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Very nice! Will be good to see you again. Hope to see and hear some old-school BMW goodness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
Sweet garage space Martin. Should have plenty of workspace room with that
Thanks guys! My hooptie will make it this time for sure lol. Somebody's gotta be the oldest car there
Still have lots of work left to do from minor rust repair to fiberglass to suspension work, but it's amazing how much nicer it is to work on concrete than dirt.

(Oo==[][]==oO)
1984 BMW 528e Lightweight build thread
80prs --> NVX JAD900.5 --> JBL P560C Mids & NVX XSPTW Tweets + NVX VCW154 Sub
KrautNotRice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #99

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 16 Locomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enough

[QUOTELocomotive Tech- I'm much more local to you than NC. We can hook up there so I can see what you're working with and there will be plenty of us there to offer some suggestions and share what we know about installation/tuning to help you on your way. If tuning is something your just not comfortable with, you can always bring your car up to my place some time to get a tune on it.

-Steve[/QUOTE]

Thanks Steve, that is a fine Idea. Sorry I didn't respond, had very difficult week. I will be in touch soon

Jason, I have a few things that I found in the basement if you could have if you can use them for your friends son's build.
Stinger, 0 gauge x 2 4 gauge output (mini ANL)
Stinger Pro RCA, 20' 2 pair
Stinger Dist block 16 gauge, 3 terminal.
CDT CL 6x9 component w/silk twt & crossovers

JL MM100S, JL FiX 82, TwK D8, CDT DRT 26S Twt, CDT ES-02 Wideband for Mid, CDT-ES-06+ Mid Bass, JL HD-600, Hertz HDP4, JL 12W3 Sub
Locomotive Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2017   #100
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive Tech View Post

Thanks Steve, that is a fine Idea. Sorry I didn't respond, had very difficult week. I will be in touch soon

Jason, I have a few things that I found in the basement if you could have if you can use them for your friends son's build.

Stinger, 0 gauge x 2 4 gauge output (mini ANL)

Stinger Pro RCA, 20' 2 pair

Stinger Dist block 16 gauge, 3 terminal.

CDT CL 6x9 component w/silk twt & crossovers

That would be much appreciated Frank! He is starting to get things laid out for the install, so he would certainly appreciate them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement