LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009   #526
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 158 Mooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Austin mini-meet?

Do you have the Ultimo yet? I'm dying to hear it.

Pioneer 880PRS, Tru SSLD6, Morel Supremo Piccolo, Hertz ML 1600, Morel 12" Ultimo, Tru Copper C7.4, Clarion DPX11551
Mooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009   #527
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 96 snaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooble View Post
Do you have the Ultimo yet? I'm dying to hear it.
It arrives tommorrow. If Glenn is available to build a box, I hope to have it in my car asap.

2011 BMW 335i M/T + JB4
OEM HU -> DA2 -> Helix DSP -> AS100.4(L)+AS-100.4(R)+AS200.2(sub) -> Picolos + Dyn 430 + XE200 + Dyn 1200 (IB)
snaimpally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #528

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 firedancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enough

Hey guys, just wanted to say that it was great meeting ya'll yesterday. Thank you all for your help and advice, and for welcoming a newbie like me. =) I look forward to meeting the rest of you at the next meet!
firedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #529

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 0 dmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enough

Thanks to Glenn for dong the fiberglass work I now have new sail panel pods

dmazyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009   #530

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Event Horizon
Position:
Bending the laws of physics

Rep Power: 524 SublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond repute

More thanks to Glenn!

04 Z16 Z06 #479/Alpine9886/PXA-H100/Arc 4150XXK/ID oem's /Morel MDT-105S/Arc 2500XXK/HO 15
SublimeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009   #531
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 158 Mooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond repute

How do they sound Danny?

Nice job James, er Glenn.

Pioneer 880PRS, Tru SSLD6, Morel Supremo Piccolo, Hertz ML 1600, Morel 12" Ultimo, Tru Copper C7.4, Clarion DPX11551
Old 05-31-2009   #532

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 0 dmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enough

I added a little angle upwards to the tweets because the sound stage was a little low but now it's about eye level. They sound really good the stage is very wide sound coming from beyond the a pillars with a good center image.

It still sounds like the music is being pushed from the right side (I guess heavy on the right side) but the image is centered and the 7 drum test is evenly spaced and the same volume for all drums. I'm not sure what I should change to fix it TA? Levels? EQ?
Old 05-31-2009   #533
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Levels and EQ should fix it. Are you going to look for another tweeter amp?

Old 05-31-2009   #534

DIYMA Novice

After I moved the tweets I was able to turn the gain up without the distortion I was getting so I'm going to stick with the 202 for now.
Old 06-12-2009   #535

DIYMA Novice

If anyine knows someone that wants my old 350Z audio stuff I'm giving it away (moving soon and been in the way too long). If you know anyone I just need them to be able to pick them up I do not want to deal with shipping.

Pics:

Amp rack and Sub box (No amps or sub included):

Kicks (use to have 4 inch and tweet from focal Utopia 3 way)

Old 06-12-2009   #536

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 firedancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enoughfiredancer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmazyn View Post
If anyine knows someone that wants my old 350Z audio stuff I'm giving it away (moving soon and been in the way too long). If you know anyone I just need them to be able to pick them up I do not want to deal with shipping.

Pics:

Man, I'd love the kick pods!! Dibs?
Old 06-12-2009   #537

DIYMA Novice

Let me dig them out of the Attic and they are yours.

They were built off the stock kicks so they just snap in the stock clips.
Old 06-12-2009   #538

DIYMA freshman

sweet! thanks man! Do you know if they will fit 6 1/2" components? Or is 4" the biggest?
Old 06-12-2009   #539

DIYMA Novice

I do not think a 6 1/2 would fit plus there would not be enough volume space for that size.
Old 06-12-2009   #540

DIYMA freshman

alright, well I'll still take them off your hands one of these days.
Old 06-21-2009   #541
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 118 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmazyn View Post

Pics:

Kicks (use to have 4 inch and tweet from focal Utopia 3 way)

did you happen to have some door pods?

thank you
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #542

DIYMA Novice

No door pods.
Old 07-01-2009   #543

DIYMA Novice

It's been awhile and a few of us have some changes so lets see if we can do a meet on July 12th (Sunday) at 6pm?

I really want to see and hear the Morel 12 and my car is sounding the best it has ever sounded.
Old 07-01-2009   #544

DIYMA freshman

Sounds good to me...Starbucks parking lot at the Arboretum again?
Old 07-01-2009   #545
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 180 M-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond reputeM-Dub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm down.

Quote:
100,000 times better!!!! The speakers are now super super clear when turned up!!! Almost hurts my ears... Thanks guys!
M-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009   #546

DIYMA Novice

Yes same place as before.
Old 07-05-2009   #547
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Anyone else? I can stop by at 6. I'd like to hear the Ultimo also.

Old 07-05-2009   #548

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 rbarker31 will become famous soon enoughrbarker31 will become famous soon enoughrbarker31 will become famous soon enoughrbarker31 will become famous soon enoughrbarker31 will become famous soon enoughrbarker31 will become famous soon enough

Hello,

I'm new to high end Car audio, but have been into drag racing and showing for some time. I've acquired some nice equipment for my 1994 Cobra which currently has the Mach 1 system removed and a simple 5 channel amp, 5 1/4 components and an old single JL 12in. I'm looking for a custom installer in Austin, TX and would like to know who you would bring your car to if you couldn't do the work yourself? I've got some spine issues which prevent me from doing install.

I have all the hardware needed, minus a distort block and a few miss cables, but need someone that knows what they are doing and has experience fabricating w/ MDF / fiberglass.

Any and all recommendations are welcome.

Thank you,
Bob
rbarker3@sbcglobal.net
rbarker31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009   #549

DIYMA freshman

hey Bob, welcome. I'm new here too, but I can recommend a great audio shop here in Austin that will do any sort of fabrication that you can think of, and they do super high quality work. A buddy of mine, Dave, owns the place. It's called Sideways Autosalon, and it's up on north lamar, between 183 and Braker. SidewaysAutoSalon

Check out their website to get an idea of their quality of work. Be sure you tell Dave that Rodney sent you. =)
Old 07-12-2009   #550

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Event Horizon
Position:
Bending the laws of physics

Rep Power: 524 SublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSublimeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooble View Post
Anyone else? I can stop by at 6. I'd like to hear the Ultimo also.
I'm gonna try to make it

04 Z16 Z06 #479/Alpine9886/PXA-H100/Arc 4150XXK/ID oem's /Morel MDT-105S/Arc 2500XXK/HO 15
SublimeZ is offline   Reply With Quote