DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
14K views 231 replies 18 participants last post by  chuyler1 
#1 · (Edited)
So there are a few of us here that run Image dynamics xs65's and expressed interest in meeting up and comparing setups. You can view that link here, scroll to the bottom of the last page.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/product-selection-comparisons/70850-anyone-used-id-x65.html
I'd like to also invite anyone else in the area without xs65's as well, I don't think it should be a prerequisite for coming. So besides a time/date/location and agenda we need a list of who's coming. I don't see anything happening till spring so I guess this is just an interested list at this point. I'll start.

NAME LOCATION

Goodstuff - Fitchburg, Massachusetts
billg1230- Ludlow, MA

#6 ·
I might be interested if yall dont mind. I used to own the older version, have had a million ID subs, (selling idq 8s now) and horns and have been debating adding either the 65s or 6x9 s. I would like to here the tweets too if anyone has them available. I think I might know a few others that might be interested in checking that stuff out as well. Mless5 and Needsq

#16 ·
My garage is attached to the house so soldering is one of the few things I have to do outside because of the lead fumes, I don't want them coming back in the house when I open the door. I'm done but I will get a pic of how I did it. I had to keep bringing the iron inside after making each connection and also used a heat gun for part of it. It could have been worse though as I only had a few connections to make since I'm not using any speaker level outputs and the ground comes from the power supply.

#20 ·
move it closer to PA and I'll consider coming out

#22 ·
hahaha i'm just north of Baltimore and about 25min south of Harrsiburgh

#24 ·
count my sorry ass in!.....Rex has got me all messed up, thinking about different set-ups;), and just after I aquired the 3 way I was looking for for years:(..........Man would I love to hear/try/buy a pair of the xs69 midbasses...but then there goes the Oz ME 380cs out the window:confused:.........I just aquired a set of SS AirCircs from MattR and want to try them really bad:D.....might they be a good fit with the XS69's?........Could turn out that Rex get his Oz's back;)...but I'm not there yet......

Given that it looks like it's gonna be an ID focused event, I'll try to get some peeps from AVI in Newton, and maybe Sound-In-Motion to come by and check out some ID gear.....anyway...I'm in, and if we could have some kick ass ID focused cars, that may go a long way, for everyone......it would be great if we could have some IDQs, IDMAXs along with the aforementioned components......For now my sub-stage is 2 ID8's.....I ramble and will stop. Tired, very tired.

I hope to have my set up semi-finalized within the next month or 2, but like I said this Oz dillema is killing me......

#25 ·
I wouldnt let go of the Oz! Is Rex kicking himself for getting rid of them??
If you want to try something else go for it... but I wouldnt let them go...

I gotta tell you though I have been using the XS65 woofers with the Oz tweeters actively and I am really liking it... IDQ12 v3 is my sub... I am pretty happy with it... but am still tempted to try some oz 6.5's or even the H Audio Ebony sounds very interesting....

Nothing wrong with getting some more people involved.... if this event goes well maybe we can have a twice a year DIY event going...

#28 ·
No debate, I just really liked them. I was going to put horns in and it was not working out with the bodies I had. I had already sold the oz, and bought some Helix dome mids and tweets. I love the helix, I just never had the chance to run the oz active. The mid was one of the most powerful 6.5s I have ever used. They took 400 watts and laughed at me. A little bright but was very tame able! I am definately not getting into whats better.....at the level of products we are talking about it becomes more about the install and rest of the setup. There are no bad choices with them!

#29 ·
Yes, install and tuning are definitely key... I loaned my riend a pair of the Oz 5.25's and tweeters to run active.... lets just put it this way.... They stomp his PPI 356cs 6.5's! sq AND output ability.... figure that one out... his jaw was on the ground.... now I have to try and get them back.... :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.