DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Frozen White Fiesta

18K views 74 replies 31 participants last post by  J-dls 
#1 ·
Hi guys!
It is now time for me to start my new project. It's not going to be so extrem as my first, but I will try share as much as possible
(and shoot with my camera, not with phone)

First the car
http://www.shrani.si/f/2S/13t/1deomyxv/img2663.jpg

Some interiour
http://www.shrani.si/f/1u/43/3xVRLS8s/img2679.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/1l/vl/1WV62XVn/img2681.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/2q/Tg/t5f7bip/img2696.jpg
nice plase for ms8 controler :)
http://www.shrani.si/f/e/yB/3vzPSciI/img2698.jpg

So what do you think on this two positions?

Trying to direct my Scandinavia mids app 20-30° off-axis, and a little bit higher that are in this moment.
Have to make mdf rings first, to make location more fixed, but for a quick test it is ok.

Regards!
Jure

See less See more
#39 ·
I really like how the little window shows off the back of that L3SE! Did you finish the inside with the same cloth as the rest of the pillar?

#42 ·
no processor yet? also on the stock HU? how does it image?

i have the same car with focal v30s in the stock locations. thinking about having custom pillars done for the tweets but I'm worried about imaging as I'm using the "optimize driver" setting on the stock HU which centers the image enough for me.

i also have a problem with the CD player which plays music at a waaay lower volume than the iPod connection using the ford cable. do you have this problem too? upping the volume gets me audible levels of hiss which i don't like.

i also havnt deadened my doors yet. how big of a difference does it make vs the pretty sturdy plastic panel that the fiesta has already? i have some rattles on my door card. not much but i hear them at times. has deadening completely removed rattles and resonances for you?

didn't realize that theres an mk7 build log here. :D

#44 ·
for sure you will gain a lot with damping of the doors!
I damped the doors first, and then monuted stock speakers back, because I didn't had Hybrids yet. BIG difference! ;)
I have 3 layers of STP, and two layers of foam, and it helps a lot. as for the rattles, here is allreaddy winter, and when temps fall below 0°C there are always some, no mather what you do, but I think this is normal, and they can be heard only on very high level, when everything is shaking (posiblly also because I have a free air instal of midbass)

as for the imaging of stock HU on "driver oprimized" seting, in my case center shifts a little to the left, but focuses are waaay better! and sound is also uncompared to stock positions!!
I am now close to install the procesor (finances) so can't wait to hear the difference! but for now, yes, only crosovers on amps, and that seting on the stock HU :D no TC, no EQ, no phase corection, and it works ok.

my advice to you is, damp the doors, and make some decent pillars ;)
and if you have a 2way front, buy one four channel amp and one of the small procesors that are allready on the market (audison bit ten mybe) and leave the HU stock. ;)

as for the CD...I don't listen to it AT ALL :D only USB, the HU reads Wave lossless files :D so I can't help you with that.

#49 ·
after some time, I think now is time for some update for you guys ;)

clean power wire, no battery update yet, but soon

then i started to work on my new amprack, made from aluminium

Other two amps came from powder coating

And some progress on fixing them on the amprack and wiring up

And the best thing that happend to me this year, I found the HU for me! :D

But, there is going to be a lot of work

some sub box pics

some more finishing touches

and finished

coments welcome ;)

p.s. HU is on the flat cable replacement, so that is one last thing to wait and to do the custom dash mask for the dex.

#54 ·
it looks like you stitched the fabric on the pillars so that it would fit properly? did you do that yourself? could you offer any advice or walkthrough on how you do it, because im trying it now on my pillars and its quite difficult

#55 ·
Yes it is stitched. But I didn't do it by my self, it is to much pa*in in the a*ss. I done my ex dash board by myself, but this time I didn't have the will.

If you like to know how to do it like here on my pillars, it goes like this:
- first you need to cut the shapes from fabric to the line, where the stitches wil be.
- then you have to stitch the edges of the fabric with stitches about 7-10mm apart
- then you apply the fabric to the panel or pillar
- at the end, you take a needle and by hand stitch "cross by cross" the two edge stitches together.

I hope you get it, but anyway it is hard to explain it. When you see it in live, you get it instantlly. If I will have time, I will ttry to made a few pics of how to stitch, but no promises.

#56 ·
Hello from me again.
A bit of an update of the finished HU mask.
Dex p90 was powder coated to black color (I will try to take some more pics in better light with a better camera)

so the hybrid audio slovenia demo car is finished, for now
there are some plans and ideas for updates, so the car will try to sound even better, but not before summer.

doors are the first to be cranked, then some update on the wiring around the amprack, mybe something more, I will see how much time I will be able to gave to the project.

until then, enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.