DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

05 Tacoma DBL Cab Build

8K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  highspeed 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I wanted to post up my current build for my 2005 Tacoma Double Cab TRD off Road. Feel free to flame, comment or suggest.

Head Unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X995

Front Stage- Rainbow 4in SLC Midrange, 6.5in SLC Midbass, CAL 27 Tweeter(Active) in doors and q-logic kicks.

Front Stage Amp- Audio System X-Ion 70.6

Rear Fill- Who needs that?

Substage- Undecided

Wiring- All Tsunami

Sound Deadening- Blackhole Tile, Five, Foil, Stuff

Security- Encore E9

I have installed the front stage except mid bass (waiting on speaker adapters), deadened front doors and roof, Deck and ran all the wiring.

Enough talk here are the Pichers.

See less See more
#11 ·
I updated with a few new pics. The Front stage has really impressed me. The mid-bass out of the SLC drivers is amazing. The mid range clarity rivals systems three times the price and the CAL27 Tweeter is very detailed and up front without any listener fatigue or being harsh. The sound stage just gets bigger and bigger with out any harshness. While you can hear a lot of recording flaws in poorly recorded music I must say this is the most versatile set-up I have used. It sounds great on all genres of music I have throw at it. From Eric Church to Michael Buble to Rick Ross it has played all very well. I am super impressed with this mid-level set-up

#23 ·
Nice install.

Do you have more pics of the finished doors?

Having a Tacoma myself and about to update my system I have a couple questions. How has the sound stage changed from the original tweeter locations? Refering to both sound quality and staging. I was thinking of putting mine in the A-pillars or the sails above the door panels.

#24 ·
Hi

The stock location for tweeters is a horrible location with the placment being too close to the listener. I like the tweeters to be low and away from me but thats just my preference. The sound stage has good depth and stage height. Placing the tweeters in the sails or a-pilar would do great for stage height but make sure its not a tweeter thats going to rip your head off. Also I'm sorry but I dont have any more pics of the doors finished.

More Pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.