DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Best sounding 6x9?

37K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  danieldorilas 
#1 ·
Right now I am running some Infinity Kappa 3ways that don't sound horrible but I am wondering who makes the best sounding 6x9s? I have an Audio Art 200MS for power.

#51 ·
XS69, to my ears at least, are the only component set in that form factor that I would recommended if you are searching for a higher level or detail in the front, and are going to use them as separates.

Now for just a better than stock coaxial experience, the cdt , and hertz will work just fine and costs less, which is some cases is the most important factor these days.

#55 ·
I had some pioneer 4x10s in my GN when I was 17 powered off of the deck and some people thought I had subs in there. They obviously didn't do sub bass very loud but there was some surprisingly low content. I just found the grills that were never used, maybe they will have a model number. My standards have probably gone up since 1994 but they sounded really good to me back then and to a lot of people considering what they were. Not a 6x9 but I remember they made the same model in a 6x9. The were a 2-way FWIW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.