Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesayso View Post
Were the frequencies you couldn't get right around your crossover points? With higher and thus shorter frequencies a little movement changes a lot. But I was wondering if having the tweeter and mids/woofers in phase on each seperate side would give better/easier results aligning them with tone bursts.
Out of phase at the crossover point would mean you won't be able to hear the directionality as much right? It would sound like it's coming from around you (like when you have the mids time aligned and then swap phase/polarity 180 deg).
If it is around the crossover points try and use the noise method to align the tweeters to the mids with TA (while overlapping the frequencies from the tweeter and mid as much as possible, restore original crossover points afterwards) and listen again. After aligning them try and use 6 db/oct (if the tweeter han handle that) or 24 db/oct slopes at the crossover points, else it might change phase to much but you could play with that too. Left and right crossover points and slopes don't have to be symetrical due to the different angles you listen to the speakers.
good observation, you might be right about the reflections being at the crossover points but I don't remember. i will have to try one of these days that and the pink noise experiment.
it just seems like it will be difficult to adjust 4 speakers in an active setup that way- so you get the right speakers in phase, then the left, and then adjust the delay on both lefts at the same time to center the image?