[QUOTE=file audio;1854113]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottishBear View Post
It's an interesting subject. I was never compelled to pursue anything sq with my system's prior iterations. Then I picked up a pair of ID horns. Right after installing them with minimal eq (7 band) I could see something was different. After getting a 30 band eq and tuning them towards my own personal preferences I was picking up massive amounts of detail on very familiar passages. The dynamics of some live music brought a huge smile to my face when I leaned back and closed my eyes. I think that was the time when I attempted to listen critically to my stereo. As I did I could see flaws that were either ignored or didn't notice until now. I cursed myself at the realization. lol Ignorance really is bliss. My time as a bass head was over. It is taking a fair amount of my will not to rip my wall out immediately and go to an IB setup. I swore to keep it in until the demo/show season is over this fall but every tweak I make weakens my resolve.
The most interesting thing is that I have found some serious flaws with my stereo and that awareness leads to a near state of panic. I have this weird sense of abominable will that is driving me to make my stereo better now. I've never felt such drive with a hobby before...like ever.
The only thing I am saving in the rebuild is the horns, 30 band eq and my batteries. Amps, subs, midbass, HU; are all getting replaced. It feels like the best way to go forward is to start back at the beginning. This is just some ramblings of a 35 yr. old bass head.

3xcuse me what is the meaning of "IB ser up"? Your pos5 has poetry sad at times , hopefull at the end, wise and smart, I understand what you are saying cause that smile that fullfill your face was SOmetimes 3 times in my life, a mix of satisfaction and surprise , the moment of glory had arrived("perfect" SQ ) but you know inside you , here you go again looking for ssom3thing more...
IB is infinite baffle. Do a quick search on the site and a ton of information will come up