Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellippe View Post
I couldn't get a degree in EE without knowing Ohm's law, Kirchoff's Current & Voltage Laws, Thevenin/Norton with dependent and independent sources, small/large signal analysis of BJTs, MOSFETS, etc.

There's no confusion here, Werewolf.

Where the confusion lies is hearing differences in similar rated amps, and seeing some amps with lower ratings outperform those with higher ratings. You choose to believe a watt is a watt (which is fine), and I after having these experiences begin to QUESTION whether that's true.
Wrong. I never said "a watt is a watt" ... in fact, i've argued VIOLENTLY to the contrary. We can set up a 1kHz sine wave, delivering exactly 1 watt into a louspeaker, and compare it to a 1kHz square wave, also delivering exactly 1 watt to the loudspeaker. I promise ... I can hear the difference. And I know exactly why ... it's because all watts are NOT the same. Regarding the ability to hear differences in amps ... first, prove the difference exists in a double-blind test. Then, prove that the difference cannot be attributed to : gain, power, frequency response, noise or distortion. Until then, what you've heard is a frequency response, gain or power error ... nothing more. This has been demonstrated time and again ... it has nothing to do with an amp trying to force a voltage and current to a load. But it has everything to do with the FACT that amplifiers sound different!

Quote:
My problem here is that I propose a theory from someone who thought it out a bit, and all that anyone has been able to come up with is to wait around to find a way to use Ohm's law to disprove it???
No need to wait. If the theory is disproven by Ohm's Law, as I have done, the theory is junk. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Quote:
Is real world resistance always fixed??? Is that first poster who suggested the resistance is the same automatically correct? (Are you automatically correct?)
No, resistance is not always "fixed". But as i've tried hard to demonstrate, if we don't understand how a "fixed" resistor works, how can we hope to understand something more complicated?

Quote:
The concepts of current and voltage take a good amount of time to truly "get". I=V/R is simple math, but understanding what current really is and what voltage ("potential difference") is takes time. Did anyone care to read or even challenge the thought that "current" controls speakers better than "voltage" does.....the only argument was to spin it that they'd always be equal, invalidating the hypothesis.

Look Wolf, I'm not even claiming to be an EE know it all....just throwing out ideas that sound good on paper. On a daily basis I see the difference between using single phase 120/208, three phase 120/208, and three phase 277/480, and how the effects of going up in voltage are beneficial in reducing current.

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think I don't "get" simple EE, and I'll go out on a limb and say that your mastery of EE concepts reeks a lil more Ph.D. than P.E.

thanks for the compliment!