I searched a lot before choosing these over the XT60’s and the Deans.

The reason I did not choose the Deans, was that they need Heat shrink after soldering the wire and the part where the wire is soldered is small, no big deal, just a preference with more area and solder to use with the EC3’s, other issues I read about the Dean’s, hard to disconnect and hard to work with.

The XT60’s are pretty much the same as the Dean’s, just easier to disconnect other than that, it is similar to the Deans. I never used any of these before, I read a lot and I came to those conclusions based on the way the look and some user’s opinions and even You tube videos, It is just a preference and we all we will use what we like or what worked for us.
These can be used again, the EC3’s do not need heat shrink, the way I would use HS with these, would be to simply wrap the whole connector, if used near a speaker in the in the door, to protect it from water splashing, other than that the wire or connector is never exposed like in the xt60’s and the Deans.

The EC3’s also have a big cup where you solder the wire and dip it in hot solder, then it is inserted in to the plastic housing until it clicks and they are ready, they can be used again and instead of cutting the old wire and remove the solder, just tap the tip of the connector and remove the metal connector to remove the wire and old solder. Also when soldering the wire or removing old solder to it you eliminate the risk of melting the plastic overheating the connector.

The only negative thing about the EC3’s is that if you put way too much solder on the cup or spill solder out of it, then you have to scrape the excess solder in order to be able to insert it in the plastic housing and also removing the connector when using it again will take an extra minute or two.
Maybe a little extra time consuming pushing the connectors, when you factor the time putting heat shrink on the Dean’s and XT60’s I think it is the same or better with the EC3’s.

They are very equal in price compared to the crimped bullet connectors sold at HD $0.17 each connector, those can’t be soldered, only crimped. I have seen the 15 packs or 10 pairs of these at Orchard Supply for about 0.15 cents each, If you have a shop and you buy a bag of 100 of those crimp bullet connectors then they are ten cents each. Time is money, strip and crimp is faster than strip solder, install or HS, although soldering is better for connections. I would use spade when possible over the bullet ones and use the ones without insulation and crimp and solder them, the heat shrink over them.

Bottom line I bought 10 pairs of EC3’s for $5.80, doing the math I think, it comes to just over $0.14 cents per connector lead wire or contact and provide a better connection than the crimp type connectors, the EC3 can be used again, has polarity markings to avoid mistakes. I was afraid they were going to be small and hard to grab but they are big enough just under 1” ( 7/8 ) connected, and have a rib area to grab when connecting and disconnecting them, they have a larger version, the EC5 also if a bigger size is needed.

Some Pics enclosed, not time to check for typos and bad sentences

Feel free to share your experiences with any other type of connectors used