DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

AudIo Frog GB 60 vs JBL 660gti

14K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  MrGreen83 
#1 ·
I want to know if AFgb60 is similar to JBL 660gti midbass in terms of SQ?
Does anyone have the chance to tested?
I saw that Fs is equal.

#7 ·
I liked the audio frog components a lot, only heard them on a demo oard so far but they did what I want out of a speaker, and quite frankly I'm considering them as a small studio monitor build just for fun.

#11 ·
Go frogs. Done! The research and technology in these drivers in my opinion is highly underrated.

About to get silly with some GS42's in pillars of all things if I can make em fit. I want a pair of each, starting with the GB25's. Those little jewels might get Tacoma door duty.

And that's coming from a Danish speaker snob. :)

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I'd been waiting for this thread to surface.

it appears that the recipe for success that Harman achieved in mass quantity via exclusive manufacturing in Chinese buildhouses, is to be duplicated by the Audiofrog if not as closely as possible, then to some extent parallels can be drawn...

and no doubt, if the owner of Audiofrog says the flagship 6.5" midrange is a smoother playing 660Gti, it presses me against a window of want, drool droplets left for the CSI crews to come as I prepare myself, as I plot and plan...

haha, uh, sorry. Got a little carried away there.

So what exactly did the Harman design team leave on the table, that Audiofrog was able to make use of, what did they maximize in their lot of variables that cost controls loosened up, allowed?

Are the frogs durable, can they withstand the sheer brutality of over-powering that the Gti line is known for?

Seems like the hanging chad in the room, is how closely duplicated can you arrive to market before your former employers sink a retainer fee check in the slot at the patent infringement offices...

but with a completely new tooling on the basket and other nonpareils, safe to assume the economies of scale are in AF's favor and Andy spent time overseas with productive results in the end.

The JBL that I thought built some of the most desirable drivers in the world being improved upon by a former Harman man, makes this GB 60 driver a much higher rank on a competitor listing if indications of 670Gti is a direction, towards the bean counters and away from the state of the art.

#13 ·
it appears that the recipe for success that Harman achieved in mass quantity via exclusive manufacturing in Chinese buildhouses, is to be duplicated by the Audiofrog if not as closely as possible, then to some extent parallels can be drawn...
Andy learned how to design great speakers. He found a factory that can build what he requested and perform the QC tests to verify the expected performance. They're world class speakers. They're not refreshed/optimized Harman designs.

#14 ·
I haven't heard the AF, but just going by the specs and Andy's design philosophy mentioned in a few threads, I'd expect them to sound more like Scans, easy to tune and very accurate sounding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.