Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Which one is ya fav?
I have used a bunch of different ones. I'll do my best to run down the good and the bad. Overall, I'd take the NVX over the others, as long as I had a clean unbalanced signal to feed it. I recently bought a new Tundra and want to retain the Factory HU. Unfortunately, if I tap the signal before the factory amp, it's balanced and the NVX won't accept balanced inputs. So my NVX is available if anyone's looking for a great 5-channel.

Best Overall - NVX JAD900.5
~Has adequate 3-way crossovers to take a 2-channel input and give you really any low-pass, band-pass, and high-pass you'd want in a vehicle. I've ran sub/mid/tweet -and- sub/mid-bass/wide-band on this amp with great success. Also has a subsonic filter, which is a must if you use ported subs.

Runner-up - TIE-JL Audio XD1000/5v2 & XD700/5v2
~They have adequate 3-way crossovers to take a 2-channel input and give you really any low-pass, band-pass, and high-pass you'd want in a vehicle. I've ran sub/mid/tweet -and- sub/mid-bass/wide-band on each of these amps with great success. No subsonis filter, but the JL's will accept balanced differential inputs, while the NVX only accepts unbalanced inputs.

Best sounding - Zuki Hybrid 5-Channel
~Some will debate that all amps sound the same. All I can say is that my truck never sounded so musical. Not a flexible crossover, so as long as you have external processing you should be good.

Others used:
JBL GTO-5EZ ~ Lots of clean power, not a flexible crossover.
JL Audio HD900/5 ~ Lots of clean power, not a flexible crossover.
JL Audio 500/5 ~ Not enough power on sub, big, but old & sexy.
Audison SR5 ~ Not enough power, somewhat flexible crossover, complicated setup.
Alpine MRV-75 ~ Not enough power, not a flexible crossover.
Alpine PDX-5 ~ Had some noise issues, snap, crackle, pop!
US Amps AX5600 ~ Never worked correctly.