DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

FS: Jacobs AccuVolt

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  silverdiesel2574 
#1 · (Edited)
New Jacobs AccuVolt, never installed or turned on. I got rid of all my project so everything must go. Asking $425.00
Even the parts bag if fresh and sealed with feet and annunciator.

#3 ·
What does it do? I always love how people post stuff up and then expect everyone to what the specs are etc. and then wonder why it isn't selling. :)

#5 ·
found this....seems interesting and the truck magazine said it works....even stated "if we ever ever decide to install a stereo, we are ready!"

This is how it works; voltage that enters into the AccuVolt is "dirty" from the vehicles charging system. It is then processed through the computer and cleaned before it reaches the component you are powering. What is remarkable about this product is even if the vehicles battery is low in voltage, as low as 9.5 volts, the AccuVolt has a user adjustable (13.5 to 16.25 volts) output rating! It comes preset from the factory at 14 volts. More than one component can be operated off of the AccuVolt as long as the stated amps rating of the AccuVolt model you are using is not exceeded. Again, each AccuVolt model is different, so follow the provided table and instructions with each unit. And that's it. Now you ask, did it work? You bet. Just as Jacobs stated, working well enough to take care of the problem we intended it to repair. Read our installation steps of this very unique product to see how Jacobs has made another user-friendly product that is a welcome addition to our project Blazer.

#6 ·
Ok so you "noobs" know, this unit steps up the voltage to whatever it is set at. for instance 11.6volts at the rear of the vehicle normally, this unit will step up the voltage to a ROCK steady 14.5 (if set at that) in the rear no matter the input voltage (as low as 9.5volts I believe) and "cleans" up the signal like a very large cap to boot. Think of this as a real cap on steroids. The first generation one I used worked EXACTLY as stated and I had many a shop argue with me until they pulled out the DMM's and tested it themselves....heck we had a lot of dealers in the midwest pick up the Accuvolt after my demonstrations of the thing. I have seriously thought of huntng down a few of them or contact Jacobs directly to see if we could bring these back to life. I really think the SPL guys would get a boner off these, if I remember right they had a 18volt version at one time. I remember CA&E doing a test on one and was blown away that it actually did what it said it did. The price might be a bit high by todays standards but rest assured these things do indeed work!

#8 ·
they work great, just don't go over its rated watts/amprage output, I was going to pick up a few but the cost kept me from it, you would need a few of them if you are pulling some serious amprage, they are rated at a 100 amp draw but will keep things rock steady up to that amperage. Jegs carries them new.

Jacobs Electronics 510064

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.