i have a RF 900w punch 301m amp that started overheating regularly last summer. its been a good amp for me over the years and ive repaired it once or twice before. it seems like one or more of the output MOSFETs are faulty. i know i would have no trouble replacing them but as a mechanic i know all to well that fixing the failed part doesnt necessarily fix what caused it. pervious repairs to this amp have been mostly due to wear and tear (its been in 4 different vehicles). the one thing that failed electroniclly was a diode located near the inputs. it burnt in half and damaged nothing else. that was years ago, i replaced it with another comparable diode and it worked like a champ since then. the FETs are IRF9540's and IRF540's, 3 of each. should i just replace them and see where it gets me?
any help and advice is appreciated. thanks for reading.