Skid steer sound system :) - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2016   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 mx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enough

Default Skid steer sound system :)

Hi everyone! Obviously I am new to this stuff or I would not be asking these lame beginner questions!

Not sure if this offroad subforum gets as much exposure, but thought there might be more people on here that are familiar with the Jensen JHD910 receiver.

I was just wondering if I could get some suggestions for upgrading sound in my Skid Steer. It has enclosed cabin. It has the "heavy duty" Jensen JHD910 receiver.

I believe the hookups are very limited to this receiver. However, I was hoping to keep this receiver and upgrade the two speakers and add an amplifier and small subwoofer.

Can you guys look up this radio and help me out? I have spent a night googling already and I am not sure. It makes it sound like there is a Y- adapter to the two stock speakers. Is it possible to buy nicer quality speakers and have them powered by an amp rather than this receiver? I would want a 2.1 amp, correct? or a 3-channel amp? (2 speakers and one subwoofer)

Here is what I was thinking. I think two speakers, small amp, and small sub woofer would be great for this small cabin? Do you agree? So can I somehow send the Jensen signal exclusively to the amp and then from the amp to 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer?

I think you guys have the idea. One thing I cannot figure out is if I can make a better system out of this Jensen receiver?

Nothing crazy, was just thinking higher quality speakers, tiny sub, and tiny amp to Power all the speakers. I was thinking about a little DynaMat too!

thanks!
mx_599 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2016   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 15 charles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Skid steer sound system :)

Our skid steer is SO loud that I just use headphones and muffs. I couldn't imagine listening to anything like Car audio equipment.
charles.beener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 mx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enoughmx_599 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles.beener View Post
Our skid steer is SO loud that I just use headphones and muffs. I couldn't imagine listening to anything like Car audio equipment.
You might have a point. But so far the cab seems quiet enough that I would notice Speaker improvement or at the least notice a small subwoofer.

Old 04-10-2016   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 15 charles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enoughcharles.beener will become famous soon enough

If the Jensen has RCA'S that makes it easier to upgrade.

A small ported enclosure and upgraded speakers wouldn't hurt.

Music that is loud enough to drown out my skid makes me have tinnitus just thinking about it. Lol. Maybe I need to upgrade Bobcats.
charles.beener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016   #5

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles.beener View Post
If the Jensen has RCA'S that makes it easier to upgrade.

A small ported enclosure and upgraded speakers wouldn't hurt.

Music that is loud enough to drown out my skid makes me have tinnitus just thinking about it. Lol. Maybe I need to upgrade Bobcats.
that's where I am getting confused. I don't think it has RCAs? but can you, in general, Wire the signal to an amp and then send the music signal to maybe two quality speakers and one sub? And then I just need to run a Wire from the battery to the amp, correct?

I am struggling with what I can do from the Jensen receiver to the amp?
Old 04-10-2016   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 135 danssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enough

I'm thinking, for price and packaging concerns, some kind of passive computer Speaker set or small bookshelf speakers would be where I'd concentrate my search. A small 3 channel amp and something like a Peerless SLS 6.5 to use a sub (I imagine there isn't much space for a large enclosure), and you are rockin'. I used one SLS in an old bookshelf 6.5 enclosure that was no bigger than a shoebox as a computer 2.1 for a long while; and while it wouldn't fool you into thinking it was a concert, it would beat the hell out of using something like my Milwaukee jobsite stereo, especially in such a small space.

Impress your ears, not your peers!!!
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 38 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

This would be a good choice. It will accept Speaker Wire directly from your headunit. Use 2 channels for your 2 speakers and bridge the other 2 for your sub.

Clarion U.S.A | XC2410

New Clarion XC2410 Ultra Compact 4 3 2 Channel XC Series Class D Marine Amp | eBay

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (No subs at the moment)
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 38 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Forget the H/U altogether...

Fiio X3----Minidsp-----5 Channel Amp---Biampable Coaxials & Sub

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (No subs at the moment)
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016   #9

DIYMA freshman

Okay, well maybe if I am really going to pursue this I should just get a nicer receiver that will make the set-up easier

So last question, don't most receivers these days use pre-fabbed Wire harness to a specific car? Since I would not expect a pre-fab harness for skid steer, is it much of a big deal to get around this aspect?
Old 04-10-2016   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 135 danssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enough

I'm not in audio sales, so I cant be sure there arent radios being sold with car-specific harnesses; but none of the radios I have bought recenty had a car-specific harness. Just the same 'ol deal that required a Metra harness, or what have you, to plug into my cars.

It appears pulling the radio will be something you'll have to do regardless of your decision to change the radio or adapt it. If it isnt a big deal to do it after work tomorrow, take a couple pics. I'm interested myself in knowing how the manufacturer integrated the radio. Take pics of the harness/connections. If it is something you'll have to find a harness for, maybe someone will recognize the connector to help you procure one.

Impress your ears, not your peers!!!
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2016   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 bmwpowere36m3 will become famous soon enoughbmwpowere36m3 will become famous soon enoughbmwpowere36m3 will become famous soon enoughbmwpowere36m3 will become famous soon enoughbmwpowere36m3 will become famous soon enoughbmwpowere36m3 will become famous soon enough

Sound system in a skid steer…. nice Too bad ours has the exhaust stack right behind the "open" cab.
bmwpowere36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement