Help build my boat audio from scratch - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2017   #1

DIYMA Voyer

Rep Power: 0 bdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enough

Default Help build my boat audio from scratch

Im looking to build a new system from deck to subs and would like some input.

Its a 20ft open bow. Ive been looking into the polk audio 6.5 db series as well as the mm's. Im wondering if the mm's are worth it for double the price or if the dbs would be fine. Im also wondering if 4 6.5's would be loud enough or if I need 2 7s or 7.7. Would a different brand be better?

HU Pioneer dEH-x6900bt??

For the sub I have been looking at sundown audios Ev3 10 as I can get one for $$87. My only concern is it being a paper pressed cone being in a wet environment. I could build it into a dry location but then would loose some db tto it being confined.

For amps, Ive been looking into 5 channels, Polks D5000.5, Nvx jad900.5,hifonics brutus, ppi, would really like a pg1300 if I could find one. Is a 5 channel my best bet or a bgger 4 channel bridged? Would like the option of having a bass knob for the times with the little ones on the boat.

I kinda like the idea of nvx Bluetooth capabile amp, however I don't know what I would need in terms of audio control on my phone or similar device to run it.

Im not looking to be the loudest boat, but would like to be able to crank the volume under way and have it sound good as well as having it turned up on the sandbar.

Last edited by bdbwtie; 02-25-2017 at 02:38 PM..
bdbwtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2017   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 44 Timhof13 will become famous soon enoughTimhof13 will become famous soon enoughTimhof13 will become famous soon enoughTimhof13 will become famous soon enoughTimhof13 will become famous soon enoughTimhof13 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Help build my boat audio from scratch

I've got Polk db in my boat I love them they get pretty loud. Don't think you can beat them for the price
Timhof13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2017   #3

DIYMA Voyer

Rep Power: 0 bdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enoughbdbwtie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timhof13 View Post
I've got Polk db in my boat I love them they get pretty loud. Don't think you can beat them for the price
What do you have for power running to them?
bdbwtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 trenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enough

I found this project very impressive and promising. I'm not good about the best audio for boats but it should be of best quality of sound.
trenion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2017   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 121 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

I'm no pro by any means, pushing one amp for the whole system would create a lot of stress for just one amp., I would suggest getting 2 amps, and class D so the electrical wont be so hard on it. anything that you bridged in to 2 ohm load will need more power to push them to its limits, but you will be limited on the amp as well.

I had polks in my car before and really enjoyed them.

2013 VW CC and as I said down low!

When You Think Your Done! Reality is..... is just the beginning
quickaudi07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement