Company is finally out of the house so I was able to get a little bit of work done this weekend. Third and final coat of Spectrum has been applied to all four doors and the trunk lid.
I plan to hang the amp rack from the rear deck, so I measured out on some scrap 1/2" MDF that ended up being the perfect width. It'll be cut to length (~15"), primed and painted.
The distro blocks (fused pos, unfused neg) and barrier strips will be mounted on the underside of the board, and wires run through holes drilled. Crossover and gain controls will face rearward so I can tinker with them fairly easily when installed.
Sunday morning I started on the bass knob project. Started with this:
There's a small board attached to the potentiometer.
To minimize the number of RCA cables I have in the install, I desoldered the female lead, and soldered in a longer male lead that'll plug into the sub out on the head unit.
I had to dremel out the back of the switch blank a little bit to get everything to fit in.
Looks pretty decent, and tested out fine, no audible loss of volume on my test rig, and no noise from the pot when turned.
Small victory for the weekend, but at least it's progress... and that's what counts.