DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

05 Monte Carlo LT Build

Tags
press fit
74K views 658 replies 63 participants last post by  highly 
#1 ·
Intro! If you just want pretty pictures, keep scrolling, there’s a ton. If you have 3 minutes to spare, read on.

Finally starting a build log for my 05 Monte Carlo LT. A little bit about the car: I decided to go with the red/black/chrome theme, and began adding little accents soon after I got the car.

Red stripe:

Seat/steering wheel covers:

Carbon fiber Di-Noc /vent trim:

Brake calipers. While working on painting the front two calipers, I did a stupid thing and jacked up both wheels. The tire jacks caved as I was taking off one of the front wheels and the weight of the car was resting on one corner of the jacks and the tire. See here :eek: :D:

But it all turned out alright:

See less See more
#338 ·
The car spent its first five years up in Minnesota. Snow and ice and salt on the roads 7 months out of the year takes its toll.

Very well and should easily mount and that's weird that theirs no direct path I was told their was a direct path in the potiact grand am which I believe is allot like this car perhaps they are more dif than o thought
The Grand Ams and Monte Carlos are on a different platform.

Good job.

but,

If there is a path to the outside for IB there is a path for moisture to come in. The Beyma have thin paper cones you best treat them at least on the back.
Yeah, I will do some treatment soon, but for now, it's something I can put off for just a little longer while I gather up some more money.

#336 ·
That's awesome. I'm Provo ly gonna do the exact same thing I'm so glad somebody literly figured it out for me :) tehe my L4's should do
Very well and should easily mount and that's weird that theirs no direct path I was told their was a direct path in the potiact grand am which I believe is allot like this car perhaps they are more dif than o thought
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

#342 ·
scotchgaurd the cone in a light cone and the spider will go a long way to help prevent moisture damage that mark Speakers of.
Home/PA paper cone speakers and elements donot go well together and youd be surprised how quickly they can deteriorate

#348 ·
Okay, thanks for the reply and update. Eviling, you are mounting a 4" in your kick, this was for an 8", so your's should be a piece of cake. I have the Beymas in hand and have been doing some modeling and research, 1 cu ft sealed would give it smooth roll off around 60 hz, .5 cu ft would give it a bump around 60 - 80 hz based off WinISD. So i'm really shooting for between .5 - .75 and hoping to tame the curve with a little eq. But until they're in not sure but should be interesting. If push comes to shove, AP is in my future.

#349 ·
Little bitty update of things over the weekend.

In light of planning a new design for my trunk install over the summer, I had a sweet deal worked up with John at Zapco. Shortly thereafter, these babies arrived at my doorstep, a very sexy pair of brand new Zapco z150.4s. This past weekend I had the honor of being the first to use them in competition, and with the help of team Z, continued to significantly improve my scores after just a brief time spent tuning.

Unfortunately, these darlings were just a wee bit longer than my old Quarts, so an entirely new trunk design is in the works. Out with the original plan to swap out amps on the plexi; back to the drawing board yet again. For the time being, the twins are sitting snug as a bug on the floor of the trunk awaiting installation in their [TBD] permanent home. Hoping to have it actually finished and presentable by the end of September at the latest.

Fortunately, they're such damn sexy powerful beasts that they'll be giving Grayson a run for his money. ;)

See here.

Mega thanks to John for helping me seal the deal on a pair of incredibly powerful and well-built amplifiers, and I can't wait to see what more the z's will bring with even more time fine tuning the system. :)

#373 ·
Nice amps....you plan on displaying the guts?

Either way.....I wanna see.:laugh:

I just read through the entire build log....and you've made more dramatic changes to your car in a few short months than I've ever done to any of my vehicles and I've been installing now for about 23 years. And your system design evolved very quickly.....you went from doing things I never would have done....to right on the money.:)

#352 ·
I love the look of the heatsink design on those new Zapco's. Very nice clean lines, just like the old school amps of days past. Keep up the good work Ally!

#354 ·
Nice change in amplifiers. Zapco is a top notch company who has always done a great job supporting its competitors and competition organizations

#356 ·
Hi Ally, A quick hello and welcome to the Zapco family. I know you'll make us proud.
In fact, you already have. The first ever award for a new Z-Series amp. Now
we have a big hole in our facebook page waiting for our first ever Z competitor.

So....Where's the picture? :)

Can't wait the see where you take this install.

John

#358 ·
I will send some to you tomorrow. :)

Power boom boom, Power boom boom, loving the new amps Lady, man the Z's are sexy, very sexy. Thanks to the guys at zapco for supporting Ally. Great young lady her and very dedicated. And she has no problem with getting in the mix on the install. Great job Ally.

And as I said many times and my favorite words. With a little more work "It's Going To Be a Beast" :)
Only needs a few tweaks here and there, and of course open the throttle a bit more on the Z gains. Not too worried about it.

#357 ·
Power boom boom, Power boom boom, loving the new amps Lady, man the Z's are sexy, very sexy. Thanks to the guys at zapco for supporting Ally. Great young lady her and very dedicated. And she has no problem with getting in the mix on the install. Great job Ally.

And as I said many times and my favorite words. With a little more work "It's Going To Be a Beast" :)

#362 ·
So she opted for bigger, longer and more powerful...so many jokes, so little time :p
Not necessary... oh the amps? Yeah. Much more satisfying now. ;)

So are you guys bringing both of your cars to the NC meet?
Unless Gray's car breaks down again on the way, yes we will be. Can't wait. Sounds like it's going to be the best NC meet of the past year.

Just stopped by to say THANK YOU, ALLY and CONGRATULATIONS.
Alabama Finals 1st place ModX .... WOW
Thanks John. Still some things to work on here and there, but it's come a long, long way this year. :)

#365 ·
If by happening to my car you mean it sounding better and better and scoring higher and higher, then yeah, I'll be the first to admit that.

But this thread is about your whale of a car, not mine.

#371 ·
This is the most fun Ive ever had reading a thread. Dont think I ever laughed so much reading a build log! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.