LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011   #51
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 88 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: 05 Monte Carlo LT Build

that sucks, of course he payed for the one HE broke correct? the 3rd one is on the house i assume? btw thats tempered glass and it has plastic in it, it won't shatter, it'll just spider vain.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
ZED audio, Hybrid Audio, FI audio, M-Audio, Custom carputer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
PS. Tell your boss to stop sending me pictures of his cock.
eviling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

Rep Power: 59 millerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enough

I had full insurance on it anyway, so no payment no matter what, so it's all good. Now I actually have to get around by riding my lazy ass around on a bike in the lovely Georgia heat. Forced exercise. :P

Good to know it won't shatter.

404 Not Found
The requested URL /05montecarlobuild.html was not found. Please try again later..
millerlyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #53
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 88 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

well yeah it won't shatter...lol if it was gonna, it would of from the first crack.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
Quote:
Old 05-23-2011   #54
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

Rep Power: 59 millerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enough

idk, I never had this problem before. Since there were tiny pieces of the windshield on my dash, I had no idea if it could still break.

404 Not Found
The requested URL /05montecarlobuild.html was not found. Please try again later..
Old 05-31-2011   #55
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

I found taking that foam off the door panel much quieter, i just deadend the whole panel.

the biggest problem i had with them once i started deadening them were the grips, it was very hard to get the driver side to stop creeking, the pasenger side was easier becuase i had more surface area to deaden, but with the holes and such on the driver side it was pretty hard.

Quote:
Old 05-31-2011   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

Yeah, I still have to find a way around that. But I think it's going to involve several layers of ensolite and mat... unfortunately.

404 Not Found
Old 06-09-2011   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

More deadening today, this time I took on the rear deck, a bit of the trunk, and my door panels before I ran out. I had 18 sq ft total (thanks to Rick at RaamAudio for the deadener). Here's what I had on my rear deck when I took everything out today:

Not much.

After a layer and some of Raammat:

Sealed up with a layer of peel and stick ensolite:

Some of the trunk (the other half of it I couldn't get a photo of)

Before:

After:

Then I spent a couple of quality hours with the squeaky door panels.

Before:

All done:

For now. I ran out. Unfortunately I can't test out the new mat until I get a head unit back in the Monte, so for now, a review is on hold. It looks as if it's going to be very effective however.

404 Not Found
Old 06-09-2011   #58

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 iroc2nv will become famous soon enoughiroc2nv will become famous soon enoughiroc2nv will become famous soon enoughiroc2nv will become famous soon enoughiroc2nv will become famous soon enoughiroc2nv will become famous soon enough

Nice !
iroc2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011   #59
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

i took the foam out, i even considered taking the foam out of the doors. but i havn't yet. but when i go in to deaden it more i might remove it too.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2011   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

What foam? The stock foam under the rear deck? Or the carpetlike mat below that?

I find taking the carpet out of the doors helped rather than hurt. A lot.

404 Not Found
Old 06-10-2011   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 101 wdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enough

It's looks good Ally.

2012 MECA World Finals Street National Runner Up!!!
2012 MECA Street National Points Champion!!!
2012 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
2011 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
wdemetrius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

Thanks Demetrius! Figured out the buzzing in your doors yet?

404 Not Found
Old 06-11-2011   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 101 wdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enough

Yes. I can officially say that it's gone.

Old 06-11-2011   #64
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

Congrats man! How'd you do it? Just stick some mat on there or what?

404 Not Found
Old 06-11-2011   #65
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

i woudln't of sealed em like that. aren't you having trouble getting your bass into the cabin like that?

Quote:
Old 06-11-2011   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

Unfortunately Ray, I don't quite know yet. I have no means of powering anything in my Car for another week or so at least. I deadened everything based on where I heard rattles, buzzing and vibrations from over the past few months, and the rear deck was always a bother at all sorts of frequencies. If it so happens that I'm having a hard time getting good bass from it, I'll just take some out and put it elsewhere. Won't be difficult if done right. And anyway, the sealed enclosure back there has its days numbered - I'm going to be doing some drastic changes to the sub and it's enclosure soon - so I'm sure a lot is going to change back there inevitably. I just have to wait and see.

404 Not Found
Old 06-14-2011   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
Congrats man! How'd you do it? Just stick some mat on there or what?

When I open my doors up, two sheets had fell. I simply replaced them and over dampened the door cards and a couple of other areas.

Old 07-14-2011   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

So I'll post an update without having much to update audiowise.

Since May I've been planning a complete overhaul of my entire audio system - literally every driver and amp(s) will be upgraded, everything but the mids are going to a new location, nothing will look the same. I sold the amps, the sub and the new HU should be coming back to me fairly soon. The JBL C608GTI's will go, too, but not until I hear them with the rest of the new system.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any sound in the Monte for 2 months and I won't for at least one more. So no reviews on the deadening I did weeks ago until then either. Then next time I post an update it will include my all-new set with pics of everything, hopefully.

Until that day, I'll just leave these here for anybody who cares to see what I've done to the Monte other than sound as of late, because it looks way different, and way more badass:

before:

after:

Blacked out headlights

Blacked out stock wheels (and the paint just peels off if I feel like removing it!)

Blacked out tail lights, tailpipes, debadged, black CF vinyl bowtie

Overall look:

So that's all for now, next time I post it will be with the good stuff.

404 Not Found
Old 07-14-2011   #69
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 116 bertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura about

Sorry you have to go so long without tunes in your car..... absence makes the heart...... you will enjoy it doubly when everything is back running again. That was my experience anyway. The pics look great!

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

Yeah, it's gonna cost me, but like I told strakele, I haven't been so excited to go broke since I bought the Car itself!

I just hope it all gets worked out before the Atl meet. I want to go to at least one competition this season.

404 Not Found
Old 07-14-2011   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 92 strakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, sure hope you get to finish it soon. Wheels look pretty good. Thought any more about doing the red ring?

2012 MECA Modified World Champion
Alpine, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Clarion, Melodic Acoustic, Dynaudio, Acoustic Elegance
Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log <-- New updates 7/26/14
Alpine, Pioneer, Image Dynamics, B&C, JBL
Chevy S-10 Pro Audio Build Log <-- Mine as of 8/23/14
strakele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #72
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

I'm not going to change anything until I've given the current look a chance to grow on me. Some said it looked great, others suggested an all-red bowtie, and you, the red outer rim. The red paint is actually 10x more difficult to remove (especially without scratching the wheel), so I have to be absolutely sure with what I do with it. I don't want to do much, if anything, permanent to the stock wheels. I could buy a removable spray paint in red, but the cost to benefit ratio is less than ideal. I'd hardly use any of it. We'll see how I feel about the look of it in a week or so maybe.

404 Not Found
Old 07-14-2011   #73

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 50 blueatlanta will become famous soon enoughblueatlanta will become famous soon enoughblueatlanta will become famous soon enoughblueatlanta will become famous soon enoughblueatlanta will become famous soon enoughblueatlanta will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to blueatlanta Send a message via Yahoo to blueatlanta

lookin good bro. ive been without sound for like.. 7 months, but im jusy lazy lol.

blueatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

^^

I don't think that bro is appropriate....

Old 07-15-2011   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

EF-5

lol, thanks Demetrius

7 months? I hope it's not your daily driver?

404 Not Found