LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 102 wdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SQ Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSlider View Post
I'm very impressed with the new Hyundai's. Nice build.

X2!!!

2012 MECA World Finals Street National Runner Up!!!
2012 MECA Street National Points Champion!!!
2012 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
2011 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
wdemetrius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #27

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 104 pontiacbird will become famous soon enoughpontiacbird will become famous soon enoughpontiacbird will become famous soon enoughpontiacbird will become famous soon enoughpontiacbird will become famous soon enoughpontiacbird will become famous soon enough

I'm looking forward to seeing how this Build pans out.

I've never really gave hyundai's a second thought, but seeing the new Sonata, it looks like a cool car! I saw one just like yours on the road with nice headlights and tints, and I was very impressed. I'm getting into the market for a new car, and I'm proud to say that when I do get there, there's a good chance that it will be a Sonata.

Now open up those doors! I want to see what the've give you to work with.

Great color choice as well.

I'm a debadger. Would there be any holes left over if you took off the center "H"?

Good luck.

-Mike

I'm back in the game!!!!!!

Reg - 96!!! ; BEC- 80 ; FARE - 85!!; Audit - 91!!
pontiacbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #28

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 53 blackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdemetrius1 View Post
X2!!!
Thanks guys!!

Jay, I just checked out your Gen Build log...top notch work dude looks great!

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
blackedoutavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #29

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 53 blackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacbird View Post

I've never really gave hyundai's a second thought, but seeing the new Sonata, it looks like a cool car! I saw one just like yours on the road with nice headlights and tints, and I was very impressed. I'm getting into the market for a new car, and I'm proud to say that when I do get there, there's a good chance that it will be a Sonata.

I'm a debadger. Would there be any holes left over if you took off the center "H"?

Good luck.

-Mike
Yea I never even gave the Sonata a look at first, I was trying to chose between a Maxima, VW CC, and a G35. Then passing by the lot saw one and though it was a Jag. So I went give the turbo a test drive and WOW was I blown away! Forget everything you think you knew about Hyundai. The turbo is sneeky fast too. It could use a little more bottom end but once it's in 3rd gear hold on. I can tell you now for the money there is not another Car that comes close! Plus it get between 28 and 30 honest MPG and I don't drive like a grandma in any way.

I'll get you some interior pics this weekend when she's all cleaned up.

Pretty sure the H on the trunk has a holes or two for line up purposes, but there are a bunch of different emblems that are made to replace them. I'll prob get the YF badge package, which is what it is called in Korea.

Oh and the pearl white limited turbo with black guts like I got is very rare. It took the dealership nearly 3 weeks to find one for me. At the time they said they had never worked so hard to find a car. I almost had to settle for black.

I'm dying to start this build, hopefully I can start some deadening and wiring this weekend!

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 05-05-2011   #30

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 103 theothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enough

suscribed

Iamamp3pimp-Sundownz-Kpr10is-Premier-Audio-Raamaudio-Mr.Marv-Wheelieking71-go-go-thrash-Gymfreak101-Mobieous-JmanPc-
theothermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #31

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacbird View Post

Good luck.

-Mike
Here are a few interior shots on request from Mike.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 05-05-2011   #32
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 247 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

The seats look nice... How confortable are those compared to say a Merco?

Yeah, I'm a strange fella asking about... seats...

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011   #33

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post

Kelvin
Not to soft, not too hard, juuuusssstt right!

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 05-05-2011   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 87 ReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post

Kelvin
I always check out seats. It's the one spot where you're going to have constant contact with your body.

Hyundai right now seems to me like Honda/Acura or Toyota/Lexus of the late 80s to late 90s. Churning out hits, and even nice sedans for popular consumption. I like the Sonata's cousin, the Kia Optima, a hair more than the Sonata, but it's a thin margin -- both are excellent cars.

Following along for great equipment in a solid car.
ReloadedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 80 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Nice!

My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... and more!
derickveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #36

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfparts View Post
how do you like the pdx amps as far as sound quality? better than the previou version?
I have no idea what they sound like yet because I haven't installed them yet. I won't be able to tell you the difference between the new ones and the old ones because I've never heard the old ones, but everything I've read the new ones are head and shoulders above the old ones. From what I've read the old ones had really bad noise issues.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 05-06-2011   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 JoeHemi57 is on a distinguished roadJoeHemi57 is on a distinguished roadJoeHemi57 is on a distinguished roadJoeHemi57 is on a distinguished roadJoeHemi57 is on a distinguished road

Do you have the left pull issue? I had a 2011 Sonata limited turbo in camel pearl with camel interior, a very rare color combo but i just got rid of it i couldn't handle the pull and it had an annoying creak which sounded like a front strut mount but they couldn't get it fixed.
JoeHemi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 102 wdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedoutavy View Post
Here are a few interior shots on request from Mike.

The interior looks nice, but I can't help but wonder why did they make the interior two tone? My Nissan Altima interior was done the same way, black seats and tan headliner.

Old 05-06-2011   #39

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 Vitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enoughVitty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHemi57 View Post
Do you have the left pull issue? I had a 2011 Sonata limited turbo in camel pearl with camel interior, a very rare color combo but i just got rid of it i couldn't handle the pull and it had an annoying creak which sounded like a front strut mount but they couldn't get it fixed.
I have a white 2.0t limited with black interior the same as the OP and mine pulls left as well. Have had it in 4 times now to no avail. They have aligned it multiple times and replaced the front left strut. Nothing has helped.

As for the creak, mine had that same issue. Sounded like a strut was what I kept telling the dealership. Turned out it was the hood! The hood bumpers were not up high enough so there was some play in the hood and it kept banging on the latch. Once the bumpers created a bit of tension the creak went away.

If it weren't for the constant left pull this Car would rock. And no this isn't torque steer for those of you wondering, the Car pulls left in neutral as well. We are currently in the lemon law process and are hoping we win and can get a turbo that doesn't pull. As such I one day hope to do a Build in one of these so I am going to keep an eye on this thread.
Vitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #40

DIYMA freshman

I read the a bunch have left pull issuses on Hyundai-forum. Been having mine for 3 months and it has 0 issues. Even threw it in neutral @ 95 let go of the steering wheel and it was straight as an arrow. Even stomping on it from a dead stop it won't pull. Keeping my fingers crossed.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 05-06-2011   #41

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 Jumbo Jet will become famous soon enoughJumbo Jet will become famous soon enoughJumbo Jet will become famous soon enoughJumbo Jet will become famous soon enoughJumbo Jet will become famous soon enoughJumbo Jet will become famous soon enough

Hyundai is making quite a Car these days. Much different from the 1990 Excel hatchback I had after high school. Looking forward to this build.
Jumbo Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #42

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdemetrius1 View Post
The interior looks nice, but I can't help but wonder why did they make the interior two tone? My Nissan Altima interior was done the same way, black seats and tan headliner.
It's not too bad, the colors are actually black and light gray. Still would have rathered all black.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 05-07-2011   #43
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 89 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

wow, that Car looks great. hyndai has really come around over the years. i had an 01' accent awhile back and it was a POS. lol granted it was a bottom teir Car of their line up, but even back than their top teir was meh.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
ZED audio, Hybrid Audio, FI audio, M-Audio, Custom carputer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
PS. Tell your boss to stop sending me pictures of his cock.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011   #44

DIYMA freshman

Here are a few pictures of todays work. Made a mount for the bit one controller:

Also got a few more goodies in today:

Stay Tuned...

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 05-07-2011   #45

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 89 Jayvuu will become famous soon enoughJayvuu will become famous soon enoughJayvuu will become famous soon enoughJayvuu will become famous soon enoughJayvuu will become famous soon enoughJayvuu will become famous soon enough

nice ride!! my cousin just picked up the same car, but just the regular 2.4 motor(i think). i must say, the stock infinity system isnt that bad. actually sounds better than a stock system on a bmw.

Eclipse CD7100 :JL Audio HD 900/5 : Helix S801 & S806 : Image Dynamics IDQ 10v2
Jayvuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Great job so far. Looking forward to seeing more!!!

Old 05-09-2011   #47

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayvuu View Post
nice ride!! my cousin just picked up the same car, but just the regular 2.4 motor(i think). i must say, the stock infinity system isnt that bad. actually sounds better than a stock system on a bmw.
No, it's not too bad. It has pretty good low end for a factory system, mid range is kind of muddy, and high ends not that great. But overall it is a good sounding factory system.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 05-09-2011   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 80 quickaudi07 has a spectacular aura aboutquickaudi07 has a spectacular aura aboutquickaudi07 has a spectacular aura aboutquickaudi07 has a spectacular aura aboutquickaudi07 has a spectacular aura aboutquickaudi07 has a spectacular aura aboutquickaudi07 has a spectacular aura aboutquickaudi07 has a spectacular aura aboutquickaudi07 has a spectacular aura about

I have noticed, that all market cars, like Ford GM and other companies are stepping up because of the quality stuff. I never though of Hyundai will make a such a good looking car. I wonder if there is any toners out there.. I also have noticed, that there is plenty of 4 bangers with turbo..

Going back to your car,,, Looks really nice, and I'm sure you have spend arm and a lag on your SQ setup, not including all the work that you are putting it in

Cant wait to see more of your build.
quickaudi07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 104 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Very nice. Looking forward to more updates!

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Encore 8 | DAC | Conv DCX/DEQ2496 | Aura MR2150 x 3 | Aura NRT18-8 | L6v2 | neo8-s
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 888 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedoutavy View Post
Thanks, I for one never thought I'd buy a Hyundai.
That Car is fully capable of saving your life.... This was our limited on Tuesday...

Both my wife and son walked away... not a straight body panel on the car, it's totally fucked.

chad is offline   Reply With Quote