LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011   #151

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 37 blackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SQ Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by xprime4 View Post
so strange i just buy a sonota 2.0t few weeks ago and i'm almost doing the same thing sound wise.

Where did you tape the speaker out? just before the amp? did you have to cut the wire, it doesn't seems like any harness exist yet. Is the amp 4 or 6 chanel? where does the frontstage speakers signal split otherwise? i'd prefet to instal the crossover in the trunk

Lol yep me too. I just traded my F150 for a Kia Optima turbo last night.

2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain......stock Bose for now.
blackknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #152

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 37 blackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enough

Where you at man we want updates!

Old 10-23-2011   #153

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 46 DaCid will become famous soon enoughDaCid will become famous soon enoughDaCid will become famous soon enoughDaCid will become famous soon enoughDaCid will become famous soon enoughDaCid will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight87 View Post
Where you at man we want updates!
Amen!

'95 Civic Rebuild in Progress
DaCid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #154

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 34 UrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enough

Nice work on the amp rack. Coming along good!
UrbanAssaultJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #155

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 34 UrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enoughUrbanAssaultJeep will become famous soon enough

That Bit One should make a world of difference!
UrbanAssaultJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #156

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Zx9r23 will become famous soon enoughZx9r23 will become famous soon enoughZx9r23 will become famous soon enoughZx9r23 will become famous soon enoughZx9r23 will become famous soon enoughZx9r23 will become famous soon enough

I'm installing the Alpine H660 in my 2011 Sonata. Do you have any pictures or insight into tapping the OEM wiring after the amp? I have the Deminsion amp that I'll be tapping into. I was thinking about a terminal strip for ease of installation, but I'm curious to see how you did it.

Great build, and a ton of help - cant wait to see the finished product.

Last edited by Zx9r23; 11-12-2011 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Misspelling
Zx9r23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #157

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
monymaker
Position:
thaboss

Rep Power: 0 xprime4 will become famous soon enoughxprime4 will become famous soon enoughxprime4 will become famous soon enoughxprime4 will become famous soon enoughxprime4 will become famous soon enoughxprime4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zx9r23 View Post
I'm installing the Alpine H660 in my 2011 Sonata. Do you have any pictures or insight into tapping the OEM wiring after the amp? I have the Deminsion amp that I'll be tapping into. I was thinking about a terminal strip for ease of installation, but I'm curious to see how you did it.

i'm there too... the op doesn't seems to answer back in pm either... It's the only thing am waiting for to start my build.
xprime4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #158

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zx9r23 View Post

search thru this thread and find the guy who did a sound system on a hyundai genesis. He used some GM harnesses to make an easy plug-n-play connection going to his aftermarket stuff. Then added on another connector to his oem outputs, to revert back to stock wiring in the future if need be.

Old 12-12-2011   #159

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Filch will become famous soon enoughFilch will become famous soon enoughFilch will become famous soon enoughFilch will become famous soon enoughFilch will become famous soon enoughFilch will become famous soon enough

...need....moar....updates
Filch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #160

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 91 Jboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedoutavy View Post

I have a 2011 Optima SX and our + (Pos) batt terminal has a 150A fuse on one wire and 2 more un fused lines. Is the Sonata the same? If so, did u add your pwr cable to the amped or un amped side?

Thanks.
Jboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #161

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 44 blackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enough

OK, guys I'm back.

I got nothing done during football season, as the weekends were nothing but beer and football.

I have not done anything to the car since the last pictures I posted, sorry for not answering you guys back, but this is the first time I've looked at the site in months.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
blackedoutavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #162

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 44 blackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enoughblackedoutavy will become famous soon enough

To answer the questions about tapping in to the factory amp, I tapped into the outputs right after the amp. This way I could still hear my nav directions and handsfree calls through the speakers. It works wonderful! The amp is located in the trunk compartment on the passenger side. As far as the wiring I dont remember off hand which wires were which, but if you have a Hyundai you can go to the hmaservice website and it'll tell you. I'm sure there is a website simular for the Kia.

To awnser the question about the battey termina, I don't remember, I'll check later today and get back with you.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 02-06-2012   #163

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 30 l a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enough

Nice and clean build....how was the install of the spectrum? Do you have any pictures and what were your thoughts and review on using it?
l a r r y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #164

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by l a r r y View Post
Nice and clean build....how was the install of the spectrum? Do you have any pictures and what were your thoughts and review on using it?
Didn't use the spectrum, I will give it a go whenever the weather gets nicer but I'll let you know how it went.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 02-26-2012   #165

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 32 stochastic will become famous soon enoughstochastic will become famous soon enoughstochastic will become famous soon enoughstochastic will become famous soon enoughstochastic will become famous soon enoughstochastic will become famous soon enough

I'm in the process of a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring build that focuses on acoustics and SQ - my first install, on my first car (I'll start a thread when I have equipment in hand - currently just working on the roof). I love seeing the similarities in other Hyundai models. Great build going on here - keep us updated.
stochastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #166

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Dekciw will become famous soon enoughDekciw will become famous soon enoughDekciw will become famous soon enoughDekciw will become famous soon enoughDekciw will become famous soon enoughDekciw will become famous soon enough

Awesome build interested in how the spectrum works out!
Dekciw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #167

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 pmishin will become famous soon enoughpmishin will become famous soon enoughpmishin will become famous soon enoughpmishin will become famous soon enoughpmishin will become famous soon enoughpmishin will become famous soon enough

Great work! I have the same car and this gave me some good ideas.
pmishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #168
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 69 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

Loom that power wire under the hood!!! Nice job!
Salad Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #169

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad Fingers View Post
Loom that power wire under the hood!!! Nice job!
It is! Damn iPhone camera quit working so I have to find my other camera. My box is also carpeted, I'll try and takes some pictures tomorrow.

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 07-27-2012   #170
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 51 quietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enough

updates?
quietfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #171

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 47 BigGeorge will become famous soon enoughBigGeorge will become famous soon enoughBigGeorge will become famous soon enoughBigGeorge will become famous soon enoughBigGeorge will become famous soon enoughBigGeorge will become famous soon enough

How are those Focal 165 v 30's?
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #172

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 37 Roberto will become famous soon enoughRoberto will become famous soon enoughRoberto will become famous soon enoughRoberto will become famous soon enoughRoberto will become famous soon enoughRoberto will become famous soon enough

Very nice system with clean installation and lovely car.
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #173

DIYMA freshman

I promise you guys one day I will find time to finish this project. I just don't have much time lately to mess with it. Now football season is right around the corner....

TEAM S.P.E.A.D.
TEAM XS Power
Old 08-20-2012   #174
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 51 quietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enoughquietfly will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedoutavy View Post
I promise you guys one day I will find time to finish this project. I just don't have much time lately to mess with it. Now football season is right around the corner....
do you have finished pics of the sub box? I just purchased a 2011 sonata limited and am putting together a plan for a build...
quietfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #175
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Car Tunes Stereo Center
Position:
Installation Manager

Rep Power: 94 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight87 View Post
search thru this thread and find the guy who did a sound system on a hyundai genesis. He used some GM harnesses to make an easy plug-n-play connection going to his aftermarket stuff. Then added on another connector to his oem outputs, to revert back to stock wiring in the future if need be.
That was me. lol

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
It's a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde type thing. On rock music, and most other genres, the blend capabilities are phenomenal. No localization, all bass is upfront, and very solid. But then put on something with a little kick, and it's like walking by a Brontosaurus gangbang.
JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote