LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011   #26

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 40 BakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Frozen White Fiesta

Wow, very nice, this is similar to what I am imagining for my 2009 Honda Fit, the sail windows are much larger and I'm thinking of running the 6.5" mid-bass and tweeter there.
BakedCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #27
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 86 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

those will image better in a more axis ive heard em in kicks on that orientation and than oin axis, they do much better with stage width on axis. either way their AMAZING speakers

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
ZED audio, Hybrid Audio, FI audio, M-Audio, Custom carputer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
PS. Tell your boss to stop sending me pictures of his cock.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #28

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 bhpistorqintorpm will become famous soon enoughbhpistorqintorpm will become famous soon enoughbhpistorqintorpm will become famous soon enoughbhpistorqintorpm will become famous soon enoughbhpistorqintorpm will become famous soon enoughbhpistorqintorpm will become famous soon enough

@J-dls : thats a cool way of putting together them. they look mean
will it sound any different compared to stacking them up?
bhpistorqintorpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011   #29

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 GSlider will become famous soon enoughGSlider will become famous soon enoughGSlider will become famous soon enoughGSlider will become famous soon enoughGSlider will become famous soon enoughGSlider will become famous soon enough

Awesome work so far!
GSlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #30

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 61 pankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enoughpankrok will become famous soon enough

nice pods!
is this foam in the door water proof????

pankrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #31

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 63 J-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enough

Yes, Silent Coat mark 15

thanks guys!

and last thing to do

tomorow they go away for one week, and when back, I hope they will be in alcantara
J-dls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #32

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 63 J-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enough

Some boring stuff - cables

this are the rings for the L6. made from some very hard wood, the router was stuggling a lot. I will show you the second steep later.
Old 10-24-2011   #33

DIYMA freshman

and some work in the trunk (damping comes as soon as I get back from the trip next week)

this is how I ended yesterday.

and one very sexy pic 8)
Old 11-02-2011   #34

DIYMA freshman

If someone interested, here they are...

Old 11-02-2011   #35
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 453 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

I like the pillar build. I think you did a real good job.

About how far in front is the tweeter located? Do you feel it cost you anything? My big goal has been to keep the tweeter and mid close together to keep things more aligned in the time domain. Just wondering if you like the tradeoff?

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

Last edited by ErinH; 11-02-2011 at 11:29 AM..
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #36

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 42 blackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enough

Did you tint out the little window behind the pillar speakers?

Very good work on them btw.

2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain......stock Bose for now.
blackknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #37

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
I like the pillar build. I think you did a real good job.

About how far in front is the tweeter located? Do you feel it cost you anything? My big goal has been to keep the tweeter and mid close together to keep things more aligned in the time domain. Just wondering if you like the tradeoff?
I think there is no problems because of that. we will see how the MS8 will be dealing with this.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2011   #38

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight87 View Post
Did you tint out the little window behind the pillar speakers?

Very good work on them btw.
Kind of I will post a pic!
Old 11-03-2011   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 59 ecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enough

I really like how the little window shows off the back of that L3SE! Did you finish the inside with the same cloth as the rest of the pillar?

2010 Subaru WRX: H-Audio Enigma, Trinity and Ebony, sealed IDQ10v3, Massive Audio NX5 (sub+midbass) and NX4 (mid+tweet) amps, Alpine INA-W900BT with H100 Imprint, RAAMat/Ensolite, KnuKoncept/DIY wiring
ecbmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #40

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 42 blackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-dls View Post
Kind of I will post a pic!
cool!

2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain......stock Bose for now.
blackknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #41

DIYMA freshman

the L3se can not be seen any more thrue the little window
but any way, there is the same foam behind the pillar as is in the doors.
Old 11-14-2011   #42

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 47 antikryst is on a distinguished roadantikryst is on a distinguished roadantikryst is on a distinguished road

no processor yet? also on the stock HU? how does it image?

i have the same car with focal v30s in the stock locations. thinking about having custom pillars done for the tweets but I'm worried about imaging as I'm using the "optimize driver" setting on the stock HU which centers the image enough for me.

i also have a problem with the CD player which plays music at a waaay lower volume than the iPod connection using the ford cable. do you have this problem too? upping the volume gets me audible levels of hiss which i don't like.

i also havnt deadened my doors yet. how big of a difference does it make vs the pretty sturdy plastic panel that the fiesta has already? i have some rattles on my door card. not much but i hear them at times. has deadening completely removed rattles and resonances for you?

didn't realize that theres an mk7 build log here.
antikryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #43
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 45 vapor77 will become famous soon enoughvapor77 will become famous soon enoughvapor77 will become famous soon enoughvapor77 will become famous soon enoughvapor77 will become famous soon enoughvapor77 will become famous soon enough

Very nice work on the A Pillars!
vapor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #44

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
no processor yet? also on the stock HU? how does it image?

i have the same car with focal v30s in the stock locations. thinking about having custom pillars done for the tweets but I'm worried about imaging as I'm using the "optimize driver" setting on the stock HU which centers the image enough for me.

i also have a problem with the CD player which plays music at a waaay lower volume than the iPod connection using the ford cable. do you have this problem too? upping the volume gets me audible levels of hiss which i don't like.

i also havnt deadened my doors yet. how big of a difference does it make vs the pretty sturdy plastic panel that the fiesta has already? i have some rattles on my door card. not much but i hear them at times. has deadening completely removed rattles and resonances for you?

didn't realize that theres an mk7 build log here.
for sure you will gain a lot with damping of the doors!
I damped the doors first, and then monuted stock speakers back, because I didn't had Hybrids yet. BIG difference!
I have 3 layers of STP, and two layers of foam, and it helps a lot. as for the rattles, here is allreaddy winter, and when temps fall below 0°C there are always some, no mather what you do, but I think this is normal, and they can be heard only on very high level, when everything is shaking (posiblly also because I have a free air instal of midbass)

as for the imaging of stock HU on "driver oprimized" seting, in my case center shifts a little to the left, but focuses are waaay better! and sound is also uncompared to stock positions!!
I am now close to install the procesor (finances) so can't wait to hear the difference! but for now, yes, only crosovers on amps, and that seting on the stock HU no TC, no EQ, no phase corection, and it works ok.

my advice to you is, damp the doors, and make some decent pillars
and if you have a 2way front, buy one four channel amp and one of the small procesors that are allready on the market (audison bit ten mybe) and leave the HU stock.

as for the CD...I don't listen to it AT ALL only USB, the HU reads Wave lossless files so I can't help you with that.
Old 11-16-2011   #45

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor77 View Post
Very nice work on the A Pillars!
Thanks!
Old 11-16-2011   #46

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 47 antikryst is on a distinguished roadantikryst is on a distinguished roadantikryst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-dls View Post
for sure you will gain a lot with damping of the doors!
I damped the doors first, and then monuted stock speakers back, because I didn't had Hybrids yet. BIG difference!
I have 3 layers of STP, and two layers of foam, and it helps a lot. as for the rattles, here is allreaddy winter, and when temps fall below 0°C there are always some, no mather what you do, but I think this is normal, and they can be heard only on very high level, when everything is shaking (posiblly also because I have a free air instal of midbass)

as for the imaging of stock HU on "driver oprimized" seting, in my case center shifts a little to the left, but focuses are waaay better! and sound is also uncompared to stock positions!!
I am now close to install the procesor (finances) so can't wait to hear the difference! but for now, yes, only crosovers on amps, and that seting on the stock HU no TC, no EQ, no phase corection, and it works ok.

my advice to you is, damp the doors, and make some decent pillars
and if you have a 2way front, buy one four channel amp and one of the small procesors that are allready on the market (audison bit ten mybe) and leave the HU stock.

as for the CD...I don't listen to it AT ALL only USB, the HU reads Wave lossless files so I can't help you with that.
yeah i just have a 2 way system on a 4 channel amp (focal fpp 4100) and a small sealed sub (focal polyglass 21v2).

how did you dampen your doors? I've seen dynamite like material on the outer door. how did you treat the inner plastic door shell apart from the foam? how about the door card? were you able to take out the rattles? the mk7 fiesta is a very quiet car for its class... though the panels and plastics rattle and squeak at times even with no music playing.
Old 04-07-2012   #47
cgw

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 cgw will become famous soon enoughcgw will become famous soon enoughcgw will become famous soon enoughcgw will become famous soon enoughcgw will become famous soon enoughcgw will become famous soon enough

Love those pillars, great job!

Do the stock Fiesta mk7(New Fiesta here in Brazil) front doors fit big woofers or deep woofers such as the L6SE, DLS Nordica or Focal KRX3 woofers?
cgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012   #48

DIYMA Novice

any updates? dampened my doors already. still on the stock HU which i wanna change if possible. no nice solution yet though.

tweets moved to the pillars. just 2 way still though via my focal v30s.
Old 08-31-2012   #49

DIYMA freshman

after some time, I think now is time for some update for you guys

clean power wire, no battery update yet, but soon

then i started to work on my new amprack, made from aluminium

Other two amps came from powder coating

And some progress on fixing them on the amprack and wiring up

And the best thing that happend to me this year, I found the HU for me!

But, there is going to be a lot of work

some sub box pics

some more finishing touches

and finished

coments welcome

p.s. HU is on the flat cable replacement, so that is one last thing to wait and to do the custom dash mask for the dex.
Old 08-31-2012   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 89 robolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enoughrobolop will become famous soon enough

I like the a-pillars dude.
Nice and clean......

robolop is offline   Reply With Quote