LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 64 J-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enough

Default Frozen White Fiesta

Hi guys!
It is now time for me to start my new project. It's not going to be so extrem as my first, but I will try share as much as possible
(and shoot with my camera, not with phone)

First the car
http://www.shrani.si/f/2S/13t/1deomyxv/img2663.jpg

Some interiour
http://www.shrani.si/f/1u/43/3xVRLS8s/img2679.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/1l/vl/1WV62XVn/img2681.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/2q/Tg/t5f7bip/img2696.jpg
nice plase for ms8 controler
http://www.shrani.si/f/e/yB/3vzPSciI/img2698.jpg

So what do you think on this two positions?

Trying to direct my Scandinavia mids app 20-30° off-axis, and a little bit higher that are in this moment.
Have to make mdf rings first, to make location more fixed, but for a quick test it is ok.

Regards!
Jure
J-dls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #2
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Do it yourself

Rep Power: 136 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Frozen White Fiesta

I assume you are using a tweeter, so what is the crossover point? If it's under 6KHz then axis shouldn't be a big deal; reflections and interference will be more of a concern.

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell
schmiddr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 64 J-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enoughJ-dls will become famous soon enough

Sure I will use the tw, yust don't know yet which one. maybe HAT L1. or some from DLS, yust not Sc1.
I don't know yet where the crossover point will be.
I always set the system after the instal is done...
But i asume, that the lowpass for the mids will be somewhere around 6.3khz/24db
Old 07-19-2011   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 72 Arthurk will become famous soon enoughArthurk will become famous soon enoughArthurk will become famous soon enoughArthurk will become famous soon enoughArthurk will become famous soon enoughArthurk will become famous soon enough

HMMM, how's that sound?

He said the bass was hitting so violently that he thought the airbag would deploy!!
Arthurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #5

DIYMA freshman

don't know yet
Old 08-02-2011   #6

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 47 MrUntouchab1e will become famous soon enoughMrUntouchab1e will become famous soon enoughMrUntouchab1e will become famous soon enoughMrUntouchab1e will become famous soon enoughMrUntouchab1e will become famous soon enoughMrUntouchab1e will become famous soon enough

Have you used an ms-8 before? looking into buying one want to get as many opinions as possible
MrUntouchab1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #7

DIYMA freshman

first baby steps...

As for the ms8, NO.
I asked around a lot, and not even one has gave me negative opinion. So, we will see what it can do for me.
Old 08-09-2011   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 102 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Wow. Impressive work on those rings.

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Encore 8 | DAC | Conv DCX/DEQ2496 | Aura MR2150 x 3 | Aura NRT18-8 | L6v2 | neo8-s
BowDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

SuperDave

12V Company:
Elite Auto Salon
Position:
Manager/Fabricator

Rep Power: 112 TheDavel will become famous soon enoughTheDavel will become famous soon enoughTheDavel will become famous soon enoughTheDavel will become famous soon enoughTheDavel will become famous soon enoughTheDavel will become famous soon enough

Those rings look great, but any reason you did a round over on both sides and didnt rabbet the top outer edge? just trying to get a feel for what your doing?

Still Lurkin'
TheDavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 78 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Nice!

My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... and more!
derickveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #11
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 87 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

at first i was like how did he do those rings, but i see you must of just round over bit both sides, i like that. not necessery in most cases, im curiouse to what your planing on doing that you felt the need to do that hmm. i do like that you put your suqare peg into a round hole though, those suqare drivers can look so tacky :\
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #12

DIYMA freshman

thanks guys for all coments!

they are rounded from both sides because it looks great that way!
and a little diferent from the others.
but it is usefull also, because the fabric lays down more smoothlly, you will see what I mean from pics to follow. and when I will put them on the A-pillar, they will stick to it more firmerlly.

anyway I didn't have the time to make these, so my good friend did them for me! but we do it in the same way

by the way, what do you think if I modify OEM head unit to get analog output (which it doesn't have now) and avoid Hi-Low adapter...I think it would be a lot better for MS8 to get signal on that way.
Old 08-10-2011   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 75 FLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished road

NICE attention to detail.... subscribed
FLYONWALL9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 102 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Have also read results that rounding the backside of the mounting rings or baffle helps response curves.

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Encore 8 | DAC | Conv DCX/DEQ2496 | Aura MR2150 x 3 | Aura NRT18-8 | L6v2 | neo8-s
BowDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #15

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 77 LBaudio will become famous soon enoughLBaudio will become famous soon enoughLBaudio will become famous soon enoughLBaudio will become famous soon enoughLBaudio will become famous soon enoughLBaudio will become famous soon enough

hello guys!

i did those rings. I rounded back outer side of the rings because fabrics lay more smoothly...in the end you don't end up with sharp edge -less filler, less sanding, fabrics have more contact with MDF, so this mean better bond between them. back side of the cutout was rabeted 45 deg. because driver works better this way...as Bow Down sayed.
LBaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #16

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
Have also read results that rounding the backside of the mounting rings or baffle helps response curves.
inside yes, where the cut out is (3rd picture)

on the outside, has no influence on the sound, yust looks better and as i wrote before...

hopefully this weekend some progress!
Old 08-13-2011   #17

DIYMA freshman

Today I started the pillars.

first there was some more testing

then I fixed the rings with hot glue, drill some holes that filler and later some fiberglass will stick to the plastik more stroglly, add some magic and this is it for today.

sorry for the bed pics, someone (my dear mother) has took my camera for the weekend.
Old 10-02-2011   #18

DIYMA freshman

sorry for the late update.

been waiting for the new trio who will be playing on the stage

some more pics if anyone interested
Hybrid audio pictures by jureemma - Photobucket

and some progres on the instal.

original doors

3 layers of stp and some Silent Coat foam

other side

trying to find the right position

Old 10-02-2011   #19

DIYMA freshman

and test fit (first layer of filler! now it's time to reinforce with FG and then some finish)

cheers!
Old 10-02-2011   #20

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 87 bginvestor will become famous soon enoughbginvestor will become famous soon enoughbginvestor will become famous soon enoughbginvestor will become famous soon enoughbginvestor will become famous soon enoughbginvestor will become famous soon enough

Quote:

That's pretty cool that the inner panel come right off..

Say, what sort of filler did you use to couple the the two rings? Did you use clothe underneath? thx

Currently building a vibration isolated sealed enclosure..http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ots-pics*.html
bginvestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #21

DIYMA freshman

no I didn't use clothe, but I yust used some cardboard. cut the shape, use some hotglue, some yelow (blue) tape, that you can remove it after, and then you add filler also from the back side, to get good bond between sides. I use filler with fiber glass in it, and now I will also reinforce it with poliester and fiber glass
then some normal filler and some sanding
Old 10-13-2011   #22

DIYMA freshman

some small progres

mid+tw together for the first time

I think there is going to be enough space for free air behind the mid (dont' worry about the thicknes of the panel, it will be reinforced)

test in the car

view through the small window (notice the gap betwen the pillar and dash wich has to be filled)
Old 10-13-2011   #23

DIYMA freshman

and I will see how it works with or without this factory foam behind the pillar

that's it for now.
Old 10-13-2011   #24
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 87 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

oh man you should of gone with L4's with all that air you have up their you could run them

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
ZED audio, Hybrid Audio, FI audio, M-Audio, Custom carputer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
PS. Tell your boss to stop sending me pictures of his cock.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011   #25

DIYMA freshman

don't even say it...I am also thinking that way.
BUT, I didn't want to be the pillar as massive as my friends, who has L4 (this is old pic with gti drivers)