LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012   #76

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 Tendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Tendean17ís - Nissan Grand Livina 2007 with 17 speakers

Wrap with vinyl using the same color as possible to Car interior and add 2 handle to lift up the heavy box.

Tendean17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #77

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 Tendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enoughTendean17 will become famous soon enough

Test using driver in the back and finished.

That's it for Subwoofer and thank for reading .. it help me so much like flyon said .. give me big motivation in my build.

Old 04-30-2012   #78
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 72 sydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enough

SUPERB!!

That is solid and crafty work!! Excelent! sangat baik!!

Sydmonster, downunder.
sydmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #79
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 91 strakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura about

Gorgeous work! Will there be a grill to protect the subwoofer?

2012 MECA Modified World Champion
Alpine, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Clarion, Melodic Acoustic, Dynaudio, Acoustic Elegance
Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log <-- New updates 7/26/14
Alpine, Pioneer, Image Dynamics, B&C, JBL
Chevy S-10 Pro Audio Build Log <-- Mine as of 8/23/14
strakele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #80

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 41 BakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enoughBakedCookies will become famous soon enough

This install continues to impress!!
BakedCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #81

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydmonster View Post
SUPERB!! That is solid and crafty work!! Excelent! sangat baik!!
very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strakele View Post
Gorgeous work! Will there be a grill to protect the subwoofer?
Yes .. will be. The Car is my family Car so often to bring goods from the supermarket for shopping etc. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedCookies View Post
This install continues to impress!!
Thanks .. Good luck with your new system too.

Old 05-04-2012   #82

DIYMA freshman

Pimp my ride

Preparing new cable installation and cleaning the car.

Remove all unused cable from my previous installation

Old 05-04-2012   #83

DIYMA freshman

Pimp my ride

Old 05-04-2012   #84

DIYMA freshman

Wash the plastic and door rubber seal.

Drying in the sun

Thatís it .. smell like a new Car again .

My Rear and Side Speaker next, i'll prepare the pictures.

Old 05-06-2012   #85

DIYMA freshman

Build and Install -> Rear

My front door Speaker location will be use for side Speaker and parallel with back door rear speaker. I’m happy using rear channel from my previous installation. It works for me and of course depend on the song and how many out of phase information in the song .. if I play some live recording music it’s really amazing .. Just something different experiences compare to normal stereo channel. Using rear fill in the back door do have benefit for back passenger (my kids) also because they can hear the sound much better.

OK .. change the vinyl for the front door to match the kick panel vinyl color.

Old 05-06-2012   #86

DIYMA freshman

Side by side with midbass in kick panel .. tweeter for side Speaker is not determine yet.

My Seas for side Speaker 6.5Ē compare to Scanspeak 18W midbass. Later .. I plan to change this Seas and Phass tweeter to JBL GTO 5Ē / 6Ē 2 way Coaxial, So the side and rear will using the same speaker.

Old 05-06-2012   #87

DIYMA freshman

I can not find the same color vinyl with doortrim ..

Next is rear speakers in the back door.

Old 05-07-2012   #88

DIYMA freshman

Rear Speaker using JBL GTO 2 way Coaxial.

Standard back door for rear Speaker .. left is the same.

Old 05-07-2012   #89

DIYMA freshman

My Rear Fill Speaker will be like 7.1 channel setup ( Picture b ) with Side Speaker ( in Front door ) and Rear speaker ( in Back door ). Refer to standard multichannel, I put 1 set in the front side from listener and 1 set in the back side from listener for 7.1 channel instead of 5.1 setup .. Well, it’s not perfect 7.1 setup actually because no delay and additional decorrelation between side and rear.

The ITU-R BS.775-2 recommendations for (a) five channels (3/2) and (b) seven channels (3/4) :

“If more than two loudspeakers per side are to be used, it is suggested that they be distributed at equal intervals on the sides. They also state that the signals to the additional side/rear loudspeakers may need to be delayed or otherwise decorrelated. This is most likely to reduce the risk that listeners may localize the loudspeakers, to further enhance the sense of envelopment, and to eliminate the possibility of acoustical interference effects. In 7.1-channel surround processors, this should be a standard feature. The angular range includes the symmetrical front-back situation, something that has been shown to be less than ideal in 3/2 systems. However, the existence of an additional pair of side-located loudspeakers in 3/4 or higher-order surround configurations would likely alleviate this problem.” Dr. Toole.

I don’t know it works or not in a Car .. but I think that’s will be something different in sound. MS-8 will take care the delayed, bandwidth limited and decorrelated signal to add sense of large space .. I hope it works .

That’s it for my rear speaker and thank’s for reading my build.

Old 05-07-2012   #90
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 91 strakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura about

Very cool. Looks like you're taking full advantage of what the MS-8 can do. Wish I could hear this car.

2012 MECA Modified World Champion
Alpine, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Clarion, Melodic Acoustic, Dynaudio, Acoustic Elegance
Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log <-- New updates 7/26/14
Alpine, Pioneer, Image Dynamics, B&C, JBL
Chevy S-10 Pro Audio Build Log <-- Mine as of 8/23/14
strakele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #91

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 65 Khymera-B will become famous soon enoughKhymera-B will become famous soon enoughKhymera-B will become famous soon enoughKhymera-B will become famous soon enoughKhymera-B will become famous soon enoughKhymera-B will become famous soon enough

Clean install man, nice
Khymera-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #92

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Chrysler
Position:
12V Electrical Repair Technician

Rep Power: 62 Mopar244DIY will become famous soon enoughMopar244DIY will become famous soon enoughMopar244DIY will become famous soon enoughMopar244DIY will become famous soon enoughMopar244DIY will become famous soon enoughMopar244DIY will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up Re: Tendean17ís - Nissan Grand Livina 2007 with 17 speakers

Quote:
Very cool. Looks like you're taking full advantage of what the MS-8 can do. Wish I could hear this car.
Me too! Loving the build. Keep up the good work!
Mopar244DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #93
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 57 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Very nice. Have you decided on a xo point for the Tang Bang ceramics?
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #94

DIYMA freshman

Thanks guys ..

Quote:
.. and so your Build is very nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khymera-B View Post
Clean install man, nice
.. I'll post the video like yours after all done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar244DIY View Post
Me too! Loving the build. Keep up the good work!
.. and Me too ! .. I enjoy this very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
Very nice. Have you decided on a xo point for the Tang Bang ceramics?
.. and No i don't. But something like 3K will be good for starting point.

Old 05-07-2012   #95

DIYMA freshman

Preparing for measurement process

DIY extension MS-8 headphone cable .. Itíll make me easy to do calibration and measurement using MS-8 after measurement process done.

So I can unplug it near my seat instead of go back to MS-8 and always find whereís the jack hole .

Length is about 1 meter.

Old 05-08-2012   #96

DIYMA freshman

DIY Aux In for MS-8 from my ipad or ipod headphone stereo jack. My head unit is Clarion HX-D2 CD audio Only so i can buy another DVD player for my second slot and connect to this Aux In using RCA too.

Old 05-08-2012   #97

DIYMA freshman

For fun I wanna make it .. DIY headphone for calibrating MS-8 using 2 Panasonic electret capsule with my broken headphone .. and see how good the non calibrated mic result later .. .. I believe the difference is at high frequency only and since MS-8 using binaural mic with spacial averaging measurement .. even difference at head moving when we do “looking at driver and passanger side” its only at high frequency masking and not for low frequency.

I’ll cut MS-8 original headphone cable make it to shorten to about 1.5 meter only ( with bigger mic cable extension because the original is very small cable ) so together with my extention cable it will be about 2.5 meter in length. I’m not worry because I still have the other MS-8 box from my wife Car so I can switch back whenever something wrong happened .. I’ll prepare the picture when done.

Old 05-08-2012   #98

DIYMA freshman

I Make a note for MS-8 Headphone route to new jack before cut the cable

I cut one by one and checked with avo meter to make sure right and left is correct, and the ground is not short with right and left cable. It's not easy because the original cable is very small and must be carefull to make it.

After cut the cable and change with new jack 3.5 mm .. the red sign is the right side headphone.

Add a little foam inside the mic.

Last edited by Tendean17; 05-08-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Old 05-08-2012   #99

DIYMA freshman

Left is extension cable from MS-8 to Headphone.

New MS-8 Headphone

Old 05-08-2012   #100

DIYMA freshman

Making the tweeter cover ( Left, Right and Center ) .. I use passive for midrange and tweeter so no time delay for tweeter .. In case Iíll need that to cover the tweeter so MS-8 will locate the midrange or midbass location only for time delay at measurement process.