LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012   #1

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 70 xxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enough

Default TL trunk redone

So, After to many months of looking at the mess in the trunk I decided to have someone do it correctly that had the skills. JT-Audio has taken great care of the install work in the trunk. I can not say enough how much I like the work JT does. After checking out the install work he has done, I knew it was right.

You will notice the trunk looks like another here on the forum, or we should say, It no longer looks like this. A bit of the same concept, A shitload of work to get all the pieces to fit. The few additions in my system now Dynaudio Esotar 12's IB, 2-2200's, 4100S, 2-Zapco DSP's, the audison power/ground distribution block, and added XS 675 battery to the trunk, and Audison Sonus Reference Interconnects.

With the few Pics to follow, A Huge Thank You to the ones that helped make this all happen, Buzzman tuning and drivers, JT @ JT-Audio for the awesome install, and Matt R for the mad mods. Thanks Guys

Nelson, BigRed

a day or 2 into the install, getting the scope of things.....

and after a few more.....

Cover is now wrapped in suede after a few changes.

A couple of DSP's with some Matt R voodoo - they get the juiced signal from a Matt R line driver. Works wonders for the Acura H/U !!!

the money shot Esotar 12's IB

My front stage is the Phass MW 6512ALN, DTM25, Tweets AT28evo.

Front stage Driver specs

Carrozzerria D7XIII, RS-P99x, RD-7X, CD-7X, XDV-6P • MidBass ZR W18mm • MidRange ZR-Planar 12mm • Tweeters ZR25N • Dynaudio - Esotar 12's IB • 2 - Ground Zero Reference 2ch • Ground Zero Reference 4ch • Sonus S wire
xxx_busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 95 jayhawkblk will become famous soon enoughjayhawkblk will become famous soon enoughjayhawkblk will become famous soon enoughjayhawkblk will become famous soon enoughjayhawkblk will become famous soon enoughjayhawkblk will become famous soon enough

Default Re: TL trunk redone

looks good

2012 Armada
HU: Ipad mini, Amps: Brax, Speakers: Dyn Esotar2 Sub: Dyn Esaotar 1200, Processor: Zapco DSP Z8
jayhawkblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #3

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 91 d5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enough

That is a very clean and nice install with top notch components! JT does great work!
d5sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #4

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 76 Thrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enough

The way you installed those amp is mint mint mint! Im looking to do something similar once all my dls stuff gets here.

2002 Civic coupe: Alpine DVA-9965, H800/C800 combo, Ultimate A3 x3, Ultimate A6. dual IDMAX 12's IB, Noridca 1's, Scandinavia 3c midrage's, Gothia 6 Midbass. 2011 IASCA Canadian Amateur champion , 2012 INAC Amateur champion - 1st in SQ and 2nd in Install.
Thrill_House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 75 Coppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the rough

My gosh your car is money, and I do mean you have some great equipment. Roughly how much if I can be so forward to ask was the equipment alone?

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited (only made 3 years )

Mosconi AS 300.2 F/S

Mosconi 4to6 F/S
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 126 BigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the rough

Jt is the man!! Nice finished work Mark. Its sounding better than ever too

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 48 tonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enough

The amp installation is really superb!!

great job, also the rest look great.
tonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #8

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 70 xxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enough

Too much to admit to in public.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
My gosh your car is money, and I do mean you have some great equipment. Roughly how much if I can be so forward to ask was the equipment alone?

Carrozzerria D7XIII, RS-P99x, RD-7X, CD-7X, XDV-6P • MidBass ZR W18mm • MidRange ZR-Planar 12mm • Tweeters ZR25N • Dynaudio - Esotar 12's IB • 2 - Ground Zero Reference 2ch • Ground Zero Reference 4ch • Sonus S wire
Old 04-13-2012   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

jtaudioacc

12V Company:
JT Audio & Accessories
Position:
Owner/Installer/Janitor

Rep Power: 71 jtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Mark! But also let me give most of the credit on this amp rack to Octave, who originally built the steel amp rack and cover in Nepl29's 2005 530i.

Shipping and Tru Technology having a few different size amps of the same model, made a lot of fitting necessary in the Acura. I almost started from scratch, but after some thought, was able to fill the gaps left from not having the exact same amplifiers.

jtaudioacc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #10

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 97 nepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enough

Mark- Its about time you posted these pics!!! hopefully one day I'll be able to demo your car.

Great install JT!!!! I love your work!!!

2005 BMW 530i- Dynaudio Esotar2 110,430,650,1200s
Brax Matrix MX4s/Ixos/Straightwire
2000 Honda Prelude- Daily Driver..Stock for now.
nepl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #11

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Octave
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 51 Octave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaudioacc View Post
Thanks, Mark! But also let me give most of the credit on this amp rack to Octave, who originally built the steel amp rack and cover in Nepl29's 2005 530i.

Shipping and Tru Technology having a few different size amps of the same model, made a lot of fitting necessary in the Acura. I almost started from scratch, but after some thought, was able to fill the gaps left from not having the exact same amplifiers.
Thanks JT. It's nice to see the amp rack in a new home. You did a great job on the trunk set up. Nelson kept me up to date as you were building the car.

Nelson also told me about the different amp size issue. What a headache. Nothings ever easy is it?

Zapco | Arc Audio | DynAudio
Mobile Electronics Magazine "Top 100 Installer" 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
www.OCTAVEONLINE.com
Octave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

jtaudioacc

12V Company:
JT Audio & Accessories
Position:
Owner/Installer/Janitor

Rep Power: 71 jtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octave View Post
Thanks JT. It's nice to see the amp rack in a new home. You did a great job on the trunk set up. Nelson kept me up to date as you were building the car.

Nelson also told me about the different amp size issue. What a headache. Nothings ever easy is it?
yeah, tell me about it. only one amp bolted up, but, was too short. the other 2 only one side bolted up, then i tapped the other side. all 3 amps were at least a 1/4" shorter, and one of them is 1/8 shorter than the other 2.

jtaudioacc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 119 strong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enough

Nothing like a well done IB install,great job fellas.Any shots of the subs behind the seats?
strong*I*bumpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012   #14

DIYMA Novice

"Octave, A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO YOU" !!!

Thank You !!!

Old 04-14-2012   #15

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 144 simplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound

glad you figured it all out JT looking great Mark!

2012-2013 Mobile Electronics Magazine Top 100 Installer
Facebook
Website
Yelp
simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 116 Se7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud of

Looks great!

Back to stock
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 75 Coppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the roughCoppertone is a jewel in the rough

Again I say that your trunk is money. I love the fact that it is clean and simple yet so much work was involved to make it that way. I'm not into the bells and whistle of installing. Keeping it clean like yours is how I want/need mine to be.

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited (only made 3 years )

Mosconi AS 300.2 F/S

Mosconi 4to6 F/S
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #18
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 104 Niebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the rough

Great job to all. I really like the new look!
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #19

DIYMA Novice

Thanks Fellas,

I need to run a cable from my DSP's to the front for tuning. I'll take some more shots, with all the trim pieces out.

Old 04-15-2012   #20
DAT
Upgrade Your Membership!

LEFT THE BUILDING

Rep Power: 348 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

Incredible install, love the amp rack BEST.

I'm a big ol' loser.
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 94 circa40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enoughcirca40 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to circa40

Great looking trunk Mark! As usual, great work John
circa40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 55 edouble101 will become famous soon enoughedouble101 will become famous soon enoughedouble101 will become famous soon enoughedouble101 will become famous soon enoughedouble101 will become famous soon enoughedouble101 will become famous soon enough

Looks very good. I hope that my IB install comes out as nice!
edouble101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #23

DIYMA Novice

Working on my A-Pillars, hope to be done with them in another week. There is definitly a plug here for Ground Zero. The drivers being used in this installed are the Reference Drivers.

This is my first attempt at this. my tweeter is in the stock location and the driver The MR I'm is ZRLabs - zr9DD and has a range 100hz-15kHz. So I may not need a tweeter. Now that I have the hang of this I'll be doing another seat of A-Pillars for other drivers I have.

Once completed these will be aimed at opposite sides of the car. Driver side to Passenger seat.............

Old 11-11-2013   #24
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 220 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Great start on them. I would love to hear your setup sometime in the future. Great selection of gear.

Thanks for the plug

Scott@GZUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #25

DIYMA Novice

Once this stage and the next are complete,

We need to find a moment to cross paths....