LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012   #1
KP
Bulk Sales Pass
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 113 KP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to KP

Default 2005 Acura TL: Part 2

Still at it!

Engine compartment is complete! XS D6500 battery, ToolMaker fused terminals, Stinger 000 run to the back and 000 ground. The second 0 wire on the fused side is from the power supply input. Non-fused side are the OEM connections.

[IMG][/IMG]

Tucked red LED's on the + side and white on the - side. Looks really good in person.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Doors: Flushed an AudioTechnology 23I, 9" in each door. Had to go the flushed route so the driver would not conflict with the door panel.

[IMG][/IMG]

And the windows even roll down. Doors looks completely OEM.

[IMG][/IMG]

Still sourcing more goodies to wrap up a few more items. Will post more pics as I can.

2005 Acura TL-Zapco-AudioTechnology-Compustar-Toolmaker-Morel
KP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #2
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 100 Niebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: 2005 Acura TL: Part 2

How deep were those 23l woofers? Awesome man!
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 112 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

WOW.. how did you manage to flush it like that and the windows not hit? How deep are the AT 9 in? I wonder if my RL doors are similar to your TL.
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Superfreak

Rep Power: 52 millerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraTLSQ View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

Boner.

05 Monte Carlo - Seek and Destroy!;
is Plexiglas bulletproof?
Audible Physics, Acoustic Elegance, Alpine, Melodic Acoustic, Mosconi, Zapco
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviling
If you had a silver monte tou could i5 donated you montes bumper cover rear
millerlyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 80 strakele will become famous soon enoughstrakele will become famous soon enoughstrakele will become famous soon enoughstrakele will become famous soon enoughstrakele will become famous soon enoughstrakele will become famous soon enough

AT 9's in the doors and 15's in the back? God I can't wait to hear this!

2012 MECA Modified World Champion
Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Clarion, Melodic Acoustic, Dynaudio, Acoustic Elegance
Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Build Log
strakele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #6

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 87 d5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enough

Kirk,

WOW, That's REALLY NICE!!!

I was so tempted to go with the AT 23I's in the doors in my install after hearing about what you were doing. However, I stayed with the AT 18H's since it was easier and wouldn't much modification.

Your stereo must sound really GREAT and loud!

Thanks.
d5sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 114 Mic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
Boner.
If you just got a Boner, then I just learned something I probably didnt want to know about you, and also something about Grayson...

Looks great Kirk, cant wait to hear it

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #8

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 61 perfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enough

interested in seeing what you do with the door card. i dont know how you guys keep door buzzes and rattles away with such large drivers in a door

perfecxionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #9
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 100 Niebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the rough

^^I am also interested!
Old 04-16-2012   #10
KP
Bulk Sales Pass
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 113 KP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enoughKP will become famous soon enough

Hear any rattles in the vid?

Old 04-16-2012   #11
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

^What vid? Also, how deep are those AT's?

Edit: Found the Vid!
Old 04-16-2012   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 45 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
Boner.
Ha Ha....umm...wait...
bigbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Superfreak

Rep Power: 52 millerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enoughmillerlyte will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic10is View Post
If you just got a Boner, then I just learned something I probably didnt want to know about you, and also something about Grayson...

Kirk, what do your door panels look like? I am curious to know how you fit 9s in your doors while keeping virtually everything functional and stock.

05 Monte Carlo - Seek and Destroy!;
is Plexiglas bulletproof?
Audible Physics, Acoustic Elegance, Alpine, Melodic Acoustic, Mosconi, Zapco
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviling
If you had a silver monte tou could i5 donated you montes bumper cover rear
millerlyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #14

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 47 metalball will become famous soon enoughmetalball will become famous soon enoughmetalball will become famous soon enoughmetalball will become famous soon enoughmetalball will become famous soon enoughmetalball will become famous soon enough

Sub'd!
metalball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 112 Se7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud of

Sexy!

+1 on mounting depth!

'09 CTS-V Factory HU---> Rane RPM88---> Tru Billet 8S, Tru Billet 2200S, Tru Billet 4100S ---> Audio Devolopment MM12, Dyn Esotec MW182, Esotar2 430 (arrayed) & Esotar2 110
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 72 so cal eddie will become famous soon enoughso cal eddie will become famous soon enoughso cal eddie will become famous soon enoughso cal eddie will become famous soon enoughso cal eddie will become famous soon enoughso cal eddie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSyde View Post
WOW.. how did you manage to flush it like that and the windows not hit? How deep are the AT 9 in? I wonder if my RL doors are similar to your TL.
When I had my TL, I was able to move the window track back about 3/4 inch. I just unbolted the track and stuck some spacers in there. I'm not sure how he did it, but it is quite impressive to say the least. Subscribed to this one.
so cal eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #17

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 103 Andy Jones will become famous soon enoughAndy Jones will become famous soon enoughAndy Jones will become famous soon enoughAndy Jones will become famous soon enoughAndy Jones will become famous soon enoughAndy Jones will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraTLSQ View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
Nice hat.
Andy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #18
KP
Bulk Sales Pass
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Jones View Post
Nice hat.
Thanks. Got it at one of the home games last year.

Old 04-16-2012   #19
KP
Bulk Sales Pass
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Door as it sits in the driveway right now.

[IMG][/IMG]

23I's are right at 4" deep from the bottom of the flange.

Old 04-16-2012   #20

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 87 d5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enoughd5sc will become famous soon enough

What about the trunk of funk? Is this going to be part 3 or 4 your installation pictorial?

Thanks.
d5sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #21

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 61 perfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enoughperfecxionx will become famous soon enough

hmm, so you didnt have to modify the panel at all? could you provide a link to the driver specs? i also dont understand how you have 4" of depth in that door without hitting the window? lastly, where is this video?

perfecxionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 114 Mic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecxionx View Post
hmm, so you didnt have to modify the panel at all? could you provide a link to the driver specs? i also dont understand how you have 4" of depth in that door without hitting the window? lastly, where is this video?
There is a surprising amount of room in a TL. I did a pair off AT speakers which were over 3.5" deep and used a 3/4" baffle and had a good 3/4"-1" till the window

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012   #23

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 33 marvnmars will become famous soon enoughmarvnmars will become famous soon enoughmarvnmars will become famous soon enoughmarvnmars will become famous soon enoughmarvnmars will become famous soon enoughmarvnmars will become famous soon enough

That is pretty...i am a litle suprised that the cone excursion does not get to the door panel, as i am sure that driver has a weee bit more then the oem did..still damn pretty.
marvnmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #24
KP
Bulk Sales Pass
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

[IMG][/IMG]

Moved the tweets from off axis, under the grills to on the same axis as the mids, just a little wider. Had to move them above the grill.

(The velcro is to hold down the dash mat)

Old 06-11-2012   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 119 BuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to allBuickGN is a name known to all

Awsome thread. You just gave me hope of fitting the Dyn MW182 in the doors while looking stock.

'84 GN 10.60@ 127mph. Infinity 3.5 coaxials and a cheap Sony HU.

'06 TL.

BuickGN is offline   Reply With Quote