LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 66 co_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to co_leonard

Smile SQ Build: 8th-gen Honda Civic from the Philippines (P99RS, Seas Excel, 4-way Active)

Dear friends,

I would like to share what I've done with my car.

My buddies and I join SQ car audio competitions under the EMMA (European) format. Judging does have some common points with the IASCA format. You can find more information on EMMA here: Rules | emmanet, the global car lifestyle network (Warning: info overload alert!)

Anyway, back to my car.

When EMMA judges look at your car, they ask you for a build log or photo log. They need to check wiring, safety, fusing, craftsmanship and usability as-a-car. So the photolog must be as complete as possible, following the format set by the EMMA rulebook. Otherwise, they judges might ask you to tear down your amp rack or unscrew your midbass to check if the wires are properly protected and terminated!

I decided to post some pages from my Photolog here to ask for comments on how it can be improved.

So here goes...

That's my car at Mach2Audio, the shop of my friend Rocky Gonzalez.

NOTE:
Please don't mind the inconsistent headers and page numbers in the following photos. I arranged them that order for better readability compared to how the EMMA judges like it.

2007 Honda Civic / Pioneer DEX-P99RS / Seas Excel Millenium T25CF002 Tweeters / Seas Excel W12CY001 Midrange / Dominations CFS4 midbass / Sundown Z15 sub / Sands M475 front-stage amps / Sands M1000 subwoofer amp / Tchernov Original Balanced RCA cables / Team DSD

Last edited by co_leonard; 12-18-2012 at 01:27 AM..
co_leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 66 co_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enoughco_leonard will become famous soon enough

Default Re: SQ Build: 8th-gen Honda Civic from the Philippines

The car and the gear:

2007 Honda Civic / Pioneer DEX-P99RS / Seas Excel Millenium T25CF002 Tweeters / Seas Excel W12CY001 Midrange / Dominations CFS4 midbass / Sundown Z15 sub / Sands M475 front-stage amps / Sands M1000 subwoofer amp / Tchernov Original Balanced RCA cables / Team DSD
Old 12-17-2012   #3

DIYMA freshman

Deadening:

Old 12-17-2012   #4

DIYMA freshman

Doors:

Old 12-17-2012   #5

DIYMA freshman

A-Pillars:

Old 12-17-2012   #6

DIYMA freshman

Subwoofer Box:

Old 12-17-2012   #7

DIYMA freshman

Power:

Old 12-17-2012   #8

DIYMA freshman

Amp Rack:

Old 12-17-2012   #9

DIYMA freshman

Trunk Ceiling and Tool/Spare Fuse Rack:

Old 12-17-2012   #10

DIYMA freshman

Head Unit:

RCA:

Old 12-17-2012   #11

DIYMA freshman

Miscellaneous:

Done:

Old 12-17-2012   #12

DIYMA freshman

Even more miscellaneous:

That's me in the blue t-shirt.

That's it, folks!

Please feel free to post comments, suggestions. All would be appreciated.

Old 12-17-2012   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 65 papasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enough

Nice build as well . Which part of the Philippines? Born there but moved to California a long time ago, and haven't been back in nearly 10 years.

papasin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #14

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasin View Post
Nice build as well . Which part of the Philippines? Born there but moved to California a long time ago, and haven't been back in nearly 10 years.
Quezon City in Metro Manila. If you have plans of coming over, I can arrange an audition session. I have a few friends who's cars have audio systems similar to mine. Just let me know in advance.

Here's some info about the Phlippine SQ competition scene: http://www.emma-ph.com/

Old 12-17-2012   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 65 papasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_leonard View Post
Quezon City in Metro Manila. If you have plans of coming over, I can arrange an audition session. I have a few friends who's cars have audio systems similar to mine. Just let me know in advance.
I went to elementary school in Manila until I was 8 and lived in Paranaque. Still have family in PI but they mostly live in Iloilo. Grandmother's 90th birthday in a few weeks and brother, sister, and nephews flying from CA to Iloilo but we can't make it. Maybe another few years.

papasin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 121 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

Very nice work.
I like the attention to details.
The asian market civics are a step above the N-American models, quality-wise. In Canada we had it under the Acura banner as the CSX.

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #17

DIYMA freshman

@Papasin - sure, just let me know. Good luck on your upcoming SQ competition!

@IBcivic - thanks! Although here in the Philippines, the dealer doesn't offer options like autodimming rear-view mirrors, moonroof, and 60/40 split-folding rear seats. Our rear seats are fixed and troubleshooting anything behind it means removing it first. Hehe..

Old 12-17-2012   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 71 sydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enough

lorvely build, attention to detail and amazing documentation!! Fantastic trabajo!

Sydmonster, downunder.
sydmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #19

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydmonster View Post
lorvely build, attention to detail and amazing documentation!! Fantastic trabajo!
Thanks very much!

A lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears went into that build. Hehe..

Old 12-18-2012   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Kneel Before Zod!!!!!

Rep Power: 81 robert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent work Pare. I love the Cap Modification Upgrades found in the Clarion (Zeff) amplifiers (found in post 11 - Illustration 4.1.4).

The only minor change you may seriously consider is:
- Upgrading the Power Cable (From 8 Gauge to 4 Gauge) for amplifiers 1 & 2
- """ Likewise for the Amplifier Grounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by co_leonard View Post

robert_wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #21

DIYMA freshman

Thanks, Robert.

Upgrading power wires for the other two amplifiers from 8AWG to 4AWG is an upcoming plan.

By the way, I wish I had Clarion (Zeff) amps. My amps are "Sands," a Thailand brand. It was designed by Khun Ravat Arkradejdachachai, a local SEAS distrubutor for over 10 years.

Here's a picture of my trunk:

-- The amp on the far left is the Sands M2150. It is a two-channel MOSFET Class AB amp I use for my midbass. 150Wx2 into 4 ohms.
-- The center amp is the Sands M475. It is a four-channel MOSFET Class AB amp for the midrange and tweeters in the A-Pillars. 75Wx4 into 4 ohms.
-- The amp on the far right is the Sands M1000. It is a mono MOSFET Class H amp for the subwoofer. 1000W into 1 ohm.

Info (Thai language) on the Sands M475 amp: http://www.thevoice9d.com/product_ne...ands/m475.html
Info (Thai language) on the Sands M1000 amp: http://www.thevoice9d.com/product_ne...nds/m1000.html

Last edited by co_leonard; 12-18-2012 at 04:49 AM..
Old 12-18-2012   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Kneel Before Zod!!!!!

Rep Power: 81 robert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond repute

Pare, I'm a bit curious as to what size (amperage) Alternator is installed?
robert_wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #23

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 full dp will become famous soon enoughfull dp will become famous soon enoughfull dp will become famous soon enoughfull dp will become famous soon enoughfull dp will become famous soon enoughfull dp will become famous soon enough

world class craftmanship! bravo pilipinas!

Alpine 9855 | Peerless Vline xt25 | Peerless HDS | Helix A2 |Helix P400 | Tymphany Lat 500
full dp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #24

DIYMA freshman

More Amp UPGRADE pics:

Last edited by co_leonard; 12-18-2012 at 05:06 AM..
Old 12-18-2012   #25

DIYMA freshman

Smile Re: SQ Build: 8th-gen Honda Civic from the Philippines

INFO: What is a "Class-H" amplifier?

First, Class-G.

Answer from WIKIPEDIA:

A Class-G amplifier has a traditional Class-AB output stage but provides several power supply rails at different voltages and switches between them as the output signal approaches each level. A Class-G amp reduces wasted power at the output transistors to increases efficiency. They are more efficient than class AB but less efficient than class D but without its negative EMI effects.

Now on to Class-H:

Answer from WIKIPEDIA:

Class-H amplifiers take the idea of class G one step further by using an infinitely-variable voltage supply rail. The supply rails are modulated so that they are only a few volts higher than what the output signal needs at any given time - so the output stage operates at its maximum efficiency. The drawback is a more complicated (expensive) power supply and reduced THD performance.

IMHO, reduced THD is still OK for amplifying a subwoofer while having the benefits of a Class-AB output stage. : D