Challenger SQ Install - Fishman - Page 12 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015   #276
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 109 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

So the drop off date has been moved to December 12th due to Eric breaking his back earlier this year. I can't wait to start posting some update pics!

Thanks everyone for the kind words

Hurst Challenger - McIntosh - Milbert - TRU - Stevens Audio - Rane - XS Power
lsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2015   #277
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 109 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Decided to polish my subs. First one done:

Old 10-31-2015   #278

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 96 BP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up Re: Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsm View Post
Decided to polish my subs. First one done:

Nice! Is the basket going to be exposed in the enclosure?

2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 5.4L 2wd, Jensen VX7020, Boston Acoustic GT-42, Kicker KS68's, Power Acoustik BAMF 5500/1D, 2 Polk Audio MM1540DVC's in 3.25ft Sealed.
BP1Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015   #279
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

The subs are mounted free-air so yes you will be able to see them. Thanks!

Old 10-31-2015   #280
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 120 Bluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enough

I might have missed but what sub is that?

In my music, I'm trying to play the truth of what I am. The reason it's difficult is because I'm changing all the time.

- Charles Mingus
Bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2015   #281
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
I might have missed but what sub is that?
They're 15" B&C Neodymium Subwoofers

Old 11-12-2015   #282

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 43 oilworker will become famous soon enoughoilworker will become famous soon enoughoilworker will become famous soon enoughoilworker will become famous soon enoughoilworker will become famous soon enoughoilworker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm in NWI just outside of Chicago
Not you ding dong. I know where you live. I was talking to WLDock.
oilworker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015   #283
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 53 1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough

I was in the industry for 3 years right out of high school and just before I went on to do something else, I built a full system for a good friend. He bought a 1995 Black Dodge Ram standard cab and I went to town using what was then, the all new Kicker amps plus their drivers. It took me a month to build and I was doing things I had never attempted before. I worked in the front of the store, I didn't install. Our goal was to compete in Macon, GA at a big event. Well, it took 12 hours to get to Macon which was 8 hours away.... we missed the deadline and we were both pissed. Then a bit of light shined down, a rep for Kicker walks over and loves the truck and asked us to put it in their booth. I couldn't be happier and I'm back on cloud 9 until I pulled the truck into the convention center. Guess what company was next to Kicker, Streetwires. Guess what Streetwires brought to show off.... another black Dodge Ram. Talk about getting kick in the nuts twice in one day!

Fish is a legend and in actuality, love the fact I got to see his Ram in person!
Challenger looks amazing!
1FinalInstall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2015   #284
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I dropped the car off at Little Shop Mfg. on Saturday and they're already working on it as of this morning. I'm hoping to have some update pics soon.

Old 12-15-2015   #285

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 31 I'm not new will become famous soon enoughI'm not new will become famous soon enoughI'm not new will become famous soon enoughI'm not new will become famous soon enoughI'm not new will become famous soon enoughI'm not new will become famous soon enough

What are you getting done?
I may have already asked but can't remember.
I'm not new is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2015   #286

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 sqguy will become famous soon enoughsqguy will become famous soon enoughsqguy will become famous soon enoughsqguy will become famous soon enoughsqguy will become famous soon enoughsqguy will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to sqguy

What model number is the subs??
sqguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2016   #287
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqguy View Post
What model number is the subs??
B&C 15NW100

Old 01-03-2016   #288
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

A few quick update pics...

The horn mount:

The firewall opening for the horn body:

Old 01-03-2016   #289

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 125 SQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enough

Nice work!! Are you not using the straight entry bodies?

Looking forward to more!
SQram is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2016   #290

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 58 ssclassa60 will become famous soon enoughssclassa60 will become famous soon enoughssclassa60 will become famous soon enoughssclassa60 will become famous soon enoughssclassa60 will become famous soon enoughssclassa60 will become famous soon enough

Speaking of the Fishman's Ram, my brother and I bought all of the Soundstream 6.0's from that install (6 all together) and still have them. A few needed some refurb by SS, a few dead Darlingtons

HU - Dynavin E39 N6
Midbass - SI TM65 Mid/Tweet - BG Neo8PDR Subs - Soundstream 10R IB (soon) Processing - Phoenix Gold/DSP tbd Amps - Soundstream MC500, Reference Class A Picasso
ssclassa60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2016   #291
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQram View Post
Nice work!! Are you not using the straight entry bodies?

Looking forward to more!
No straight bodies...just not enough room. You can see how much they had to cut out to install the regular bodies After talking to Eric it sounded like I wouldn't gain much if anything anyway.

Old 01-04-2016   #292
req
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 166 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

im having a hard time imagining where the hole for the horns is located. im assuming the engine firewall on each side as outboard as possible, but the picture is too close to understand. could you take one a bit further out?

mad balls to cut into a new car like that.

req is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2016   #293
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by req View Post
im having a hard time imagining where the hole for the horns is located. im assuming the engine firewall on each side as outboard as possible, but the picture is too close to understand. could you take one a bit further out?

mad balls to cut into a new car like that.
Sorry but I don't have any better pics to post right now. I'll hopefully get a few new ones this week, they started welding in the passenger side yesterday. You've got the right idea though... the horns go through the firewall and into the engine compartment and are mounted as far to the outsides as possible. If I could back up that picture a bit you'd see the engine and windshield.

Old 01-06-2016   #294
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Drivers side horn mount:

Test fitting the drivers side horn:

Old 01-06-2016   #295
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 264 pocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A few quick update pics...
Is this looking straight down in the engine bay? having a hard orienting myself there.. The last two you posted make sense. I have a charger and I tell where those are located. Can also see the taped up pedal

Team MSE/JL Audio
2014 INAC Amateur runner up
2014/2015 MECA Modex OK state champion

Online Time Alignment Calculator
pocket5s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2016   #296
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 89 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with Challengers but I'm guessing the large hole with the 4 smaller holes around it is the opening the steering column passes through in the firewall. The pic is taken from the engine compartment side?

bigbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2016   #297
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 264 pocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
I'm not familiar with Challengers but I'm guessing the large hole with the 4 smaller holes around it is the opening the steering column passes through in the firewall. The pic is taken from the engine compartment side?
I think you are right. looking at the blown up pic (via the clicking the picture), I see the tools on the floorboard. there is a lot of bracing in that area on the car, and it looks like they cut an access hole in the shape of of the horn body to get to where the body is mounted.

From the other pics it looks like it could have been accessed from underneath too, just based on the location of the opening in the cabin itself.

Team MSE/JL Audio
2014 INAC Amateur runner up
2014/2015 MECA Modex OK state champion

Online Time Alignment Calculator
pocket5s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2016   #298
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
I'm not familiar with Challengers but I'm guessing the large hole with the 4 smaller holes around it is the opening the steering column passes through in the firewall. The pic is taken from the engine compartment side?[/QUOTE]

That hole is where the Master Cylinder was mounted. You can see the disconnected brake lines in the pic also. Yes the pic is taken from the engine compartment side.

Old 01-07-2016   #299
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Does this pic help? It's of the passenger side and a little easier to make out. This was just completed yesterday.

Old 01-07-2016   #300
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 230 Horsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Horsemanwill Send a message via MSN to Horsemanwill Send a message via Yahoo to Horsemanwill

my god lsm this install is going to make mine look like childsplay lol

HU P01
Tru SB6 running ES ultra full body and (2) jbl w12gti
Tru S25 runing Mids 4 Silver Flute W17RC38-08
Horsemanwill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement