Challenger SQ Install - Fishman - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013   #51
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 105 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
I thought the Ram was built for Streetwires. Had that crazy motorized winged sunroof, with the plexi seats and sunroof. I might still have the issue of CA&E with his Corolla in it somewhere. This guy built a ton of cool stuff in the 90's/00's but you don't see his name come up much anymore. Good to see he is still doing it. Too many great installers/fabricators start hating it and get complacent.

Jay
Fish is still going strong there just aren't many opportunities for exposure these days...

Hurst Challenger - McIntosh - Milbert - TRU - Stevens Audio - Rane - XS Power
lsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013   #52
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 105 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQram View Post
Very nice work, looking forward to more.

You'll have to let us know what you think of the horn swap.
If only I had a way to test some Illusion bodies.....mmmm

Old 06-12-2013   #53
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
I thought the Ram was built for Streetwires. Had that crazy motorized winged sunroof, with the plexi seats and sunroof. I might still have the issue of CA&E with his Corolla in it somewhere. This guy built a ton of cool stuff in the 90's/00's but you don't see his name come up much anymore. Good to see he is still doing it. Too many great installers/fabricators start hating it and get complacent.

Jay
The Ram was built for Streetwires at their factory before the buyout. It took about 2 years to Build and was the first Demo Car to ever be on the cover of Car audio & Electronics magazine. Besides his Corolla it was his favorite Build and he stills talks about it all the time.

Old 06-12-2013   #54
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 142 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Default Re: Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

I have a love/hate thing regarding his work. I started competing in the '90's and his vehicle is one reason I stopped. I thought, "a fist tank in a car?, I'm done". I think, at that time, I was done anyway, but seeing that, I knew I could NEVER do something like that.

Today, I have very high respect for the talent it took to pull that off. Glad to know he is still around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013   #55
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 233 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Man, I haven't seen Dave in YEARS. Dude knows how to party, I'll tell you what.

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013   #56

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 121 SQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enough

Shoot me a PM with your address, you can borrow them, but they are not for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsm View Post
If only I had a way to test some Illusion bodies.....mmmm
SQram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013   #57

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 50 sqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Jay
JayinMI. Do you work for Rich Infererra(?)'s Car Tunes?
Dave has always been a little different, always pushing the elements. Remember reading an article were he was mentioned along the lines of Eric Stevens and few other SQ legends. He won the Finals, I think in 91.
sqchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013   #58

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 121 SQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enough

I scanned the article as a PDF but I don't know how to post it here.

If someone want's to post it up I will gladly email it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsm View Post
Can you post a link? Ive been looking for that article for a long time...
Old 06-13-2013   #59
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 90 Jaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enough

Click "post reply" then scroll down to "additional options" and click the button that says "manage attachments".

Find your PDF and upload it, and then we can all see it again!
Jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013   #60
req
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 162 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

i met fish last year at a show in VA with mic10is.

very cool guy and humble as well.

glad to see he is doing what he loves. that is what is important

rad car, awesome install so far.

req is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013   #61

DIYMA Novice

Fishman Streetwires Ram article attached:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mag.PDF (1.11 MB, 362 views)
Old 06-13-2013   #62

DIYMA Novice

And the cover of the mag:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cae cover.PDF (158.9 KB, 164 views)
Old 06-13-2013   #63
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 90 Jaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enoughJaloosk will become famous soon enough

OMG I totally forgot about that one! That was awesome too...I was thinking of the one he did in the Corolla (I think?) it was his first "fishtank" install that earned him the nickname...
Jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013   #64
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQram View Post
Shoot me a PM with your address, you can borrow them, but they are not for sale!
You sir are freaking awesome!!

Old 06-13-2013   #65
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Man, I haven't seen Dave in YEARS. Dude knows how to party, I'll tell you what.
Those days are pretty much over but he's still a blast to hang out with!

Old 06-13-2013   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 233 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

I don't doubt it. He kicked his liver's ass for a while there. dude's still great.

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013   #67
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Heres a few more pics

Old 06-13-2013   #68
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Old 06-13-2013   #69
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

New cables

Old 06-14-2013   #70

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Theaudioone.com
Position:
Old ass installer 20 + years

Rep Power: 53 Kevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enough

I have a little quote from fish that i cut out of a Car audio magazine at least 10 years ago and taped up on my tool box. I look at it every now and then when I need to feel better about the career I have chosen. FISH ((More importantly, we as installers will actually gain the respect we deserve in this industry. The industry refers to us as just "installers." But we are responsible for this industry being what it is . Any idiot can sell a head unit and two speakers, but how many people can make it a piece of art? If it weren't for us, there would be no industry. see, people in the industry - marketing guys, presidents - feel above us. But guess what? We are the artist. We are the s--t. And its about time people like us get the respect we deserve. We're not just installers; we are the creators.)) Well said Dave, thanks for your inspiration.
Kevin Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013   #71
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kessler View Post
I have a little quote from fish that i cut out of a Car audio magazine at least 10 years ago and taped up on my tool box. I look at it every now and then when I need to feel better about the career I have chosen. FISH ((More importantly, we as installers will actually gain the respect we deserve in this industry. The industry refers to us as just "installers." But we are responsible for this industry being what it is . Any idiot can sell a head unit and two speakers, but how many people can make it a piece of art? If it weren't for us, there would be no industry. see, people in the industry - marketing guys, presidents - feel above us. But guess what? We are the artist. We are the s--t. And its about time people like us get the respect we deserve. We're not just installers; we are the creators.)) Well said Dave, thanks for your inspiration.
Conyo

Old 06-14-2013   #72

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Theaudioone.com
Position:

Rep Power: 53 Kevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enoughKevin Kessler will become famous soon enough

I hope Conyo doesn't mean What Google said it does? I was just trying to share a little inspirational story about your installer who I have a lot of respect for. Your install is looking really good can't wait to see it finished up. What is the white material that he's using to Build the side panels out of in the car?
Old 06-14-2013   #73
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Default Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kessler View Post
I hope Conyo doesn't mean What Google said it does? I was just trying to share a little inspirational story about your installer who I have a lot of respect for. Your install is looking really good can't wait to see it finished up. What is the white material that he's using to Build the side panels out of in the car?
Conyo is what Fish says when he's happy about something, kinda like hell yeah. You made his day with that post! I took a pic of it for him and he had posted it on Facebook within a few minutes...lol

He's not much of a computer guy but he does use FB on his iPhone if anyone wants to say hello.

Old 06-14-2013   #74
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

OMG I just google'd Conyo.....hahahaha

Conyo can mean a lot of things depending on the tone but it was meant to be positive.

Old 06-14-2013   #75

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Theaudioone.com
Position:

Yeah that conyo thing threw me for a loop. I'm glad Dave enjoyed my post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement