Challenger SQ Install - Fishman - Page 5 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013   #101
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 57 vwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

Wow this was an incredible build. I have been watching it with anticipation knowing what fishman is capable of (i still drool over the blazer install). I am just wondering where the fish tank is.

Congrats on having an awesome install to go along with a sweet car. great job.

2013 Camry Hybrid
Pioneer AVH-x5800BHS, Dynaudio MD-100 tweeters, Dynaudio MW160 mids, Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (highs), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (mids), Crystal CMP12, Phoenix gold ti2 2000.1 (sub)
vwdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013   #102

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 75 Audio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enough

Ive already told you over the phone....but I am definately saying it again. Everything about this is A. MA. ZING!!!!! I am so pumped to get to see this in person next time I share in "garage therapy". Hopefully by then everything will be up and running.

Better get a towel ready! Im gonna be drooling all over this lol!
Audio-Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013   #103

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Potent Car Audio
Position:
Head Installer

Rep Power: 0 Potent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Awesome Build... Always loved Fishman's builds.

One question though, what is the white stuff Fish used to make the Grill and side panels?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/16/yduqezyd.jpg

Keep it up and can't wait to see the finished product.

Manny.

Manny
Some nice stuff to BUMP with...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72...C00722-1-1.jpg
Potent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013   #104
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 99 AccordUno is on a distinguished roadAccordUno is on a distinguished roadAccordUno is on a distinguished roadAccordUno is on a distinguished roadAccordUno is on a distinguished road

Funny thing about Fishman, so he's been doing fish tank builds for years and now someone has that "Tanked" show like it's something totally new.. Maybe they should pay him royalties..

Looks good..

Jose -02 VW Passat Wagon P9 Combo - XDV-P90 (All Digital Source)
Beyma Speakers - Soundigital Amps
AccordUno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013   #105
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 248 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

It's probably plastic or a foam board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potent View Post
Hi,

One question though, what is the white stuff Fish used to make the Grill and side panels?

Manny.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013   #106
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 248 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

If this guy turns out anything like Fish's Explorer, it's going to be more than badass. I attended a training seminar years back when Dave had his tool/installer product line and that vehicle was there...it was the best he had ever to that time had done- saw the Blazer, the Jag, the CV Dodge truck, etc. But that Explorer was one of the few installs that made a really lasting impression on me.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013   #107
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 105 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Default Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potent View Post
Hi,

Manny.
Its white abs plastic in various thicknesses.

Hurst Challenger - McIntosh - Milbert - TRU - Stevens Audio - Rane - XS Power
lsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013   #108
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 105 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

The grill is back from the painter and installed. Its painted body color.

Old 06-26-2013   #109
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 57 vwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enoughvwdave will become famous soon enough

WOW!!!

2013 Camry Hybrid
Pioneer AVH-x5800BHS, Dynaudio MD-100 tweeters, Dynaudio MW160 mids, Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (highs), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (mids), Crystal CMP12, Phoenix gold ti2 2000.1 (sub)
vwdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2013   #110
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 151 strong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enough

This Car deserve a quality photo shoot.Great job by the Fishman.
strong*I*bumpin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2013   #111

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Tobtech will become famous soon enoughTobtech will become famous soon enoughTobtech will become famous soon enoughTobtech will become famous soon enoughTobtech will become famous soon enoughTobtech will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to Tobtech

I don't comment on the forum very often but just a couple things that should be said again after seeing your car.

I remember Fishman and the new "experts" of the hobby should do their homework so they know the guys like fish that defined Car audio. IMO there seems to be less people around than can install at this level.

Great Car and install. Installs like this are the reason that I got into car audio in 1989. I see less and less great installs with good components and fabrication and more installs that consist of stuffing as many subs that will possibly fit in a car with little to no consideration of SQ or front stage.

Maybe car audio will make a comeback one day?

Have crimpers, will travel.
Tobtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2013   #112
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobtech View Post
I don't comment on the forum very often but just a couple things that should be said again after seeing your car.

I remember Fishman and the new "experts" of the hobby should do their homework so they know the guys like fish that defined Car audio. IMO there seems to be less people around than can install at this level.

Great Car and install. Installs like this are the reason that I got into car audio in 1989. I see less and less great installs with good components and fabrication and more installs that consist of stuffing as many subs that will possibly fit in a car with little to no consideration of SQ or front stage.

Maybe car audio will make a comeback one day?
Thanks very much for the compliments, Fish and I both appreciate it! He is an incredible installer and one of the people that inspired me so much back in the day; I never would have thought that one day he would be installing a system in my own car

If car audio does make a come back it'll be up to us to make it happen...we have to be the people we once looked up to. We have to educate and excite people and make them want something better.

Old 06-27-2013   #113
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Fish has been wanting to make a new logo for a few years now so we put our heads together and this is what we came up with

Thanks to my buddy Mike for putting the idea on paper and helping make it a reality!

Old 06-27-2013   #114
req
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 162 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

cool logo!

req is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2013   #115

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 121 SQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enough

Badass!
SQram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013   #116

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 75 Audio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enoughAudio-Concepts will become famous soon enough

It was so cool seeing an idea on paper become 3 dimensional on aluminum in 3 days. Definately thrilled to have Fish like something I drew up, as everything he has drawn up and made reality has been badass.
Old 06-30-2013   #117
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Car Tunes Stereo Center Berkley, MI
Position:
Garage Manager

Rep Power: 140 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Man, I haven't seen Dave in YEARS. Dude knows how to party, I'll tell you what.
A couple of friends of mine went to Fishcamp YEARS ago. When they got back one of them said the two things he learned were "How to drink, and how to stack velcro." And he was already a veteran drinker. lol

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Skydiving without a parachute is a once in a lifetime experience.
JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013   #118
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Garage Manager

Rep Power: 140 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqchris View Post
JayinMI. Do you work for Rich Infererra(?)'s Car Tunes?
Dave has always been a little different, always pushing the elements. Remember reading an article were he was mentioned along the lines of Eric Stevens and few other SQ legends. He won the Finals, I think in 91.
Nope. A small chain in Michigan. Car Tunes is a super common name for stereo shops.

Jay

Quote:
Old 06-30-2013   #119
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Garage Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsm View Post
OMG I just google'd Conyo.....hahahaha

Conyo can mean a lot of things depending on the tone but it was meant to be positive.
Cabron is the same way...from what every hispanic person I know has told me, it can me just about any insulting thing necessary. lol

It's unfortunate that that quote hasn't held true (at least in my area). We still don't get any respect. It's getting to the point I want to get away from doing this stuff and just do it for myself, maybe the ocassional side job. It's all about what's cheap, and how loud it is. I get to do maybe 3-6 $5k+ jobs a year. If it weren't for that, I'd have left years ago. The true part is that any idiot can sell the stuff.

Jay

Quote:
Old 06-30-2013   #120
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 233 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
A couple of friends of mine went to Fishcamp YEARS ago. When they got back one of them said the two things he learned were "How to drink, and how to stack velcro." And he was already a veteran drinker. lol

Jay
They weren't wrong. Fishman held many meanings back then.

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013   #121
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Trunk lid complete with the new Fishman logo

Tomorrow Ill start putting the Car back together.

Old 07-03-2013   #122

DIYMA freshman

Looks great brother!!! So pumped to see it coming together!
Old 07-03-2013   #123
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 58 Kevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enough

Excellent work

Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013   #124
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

A few pics from today

Old 07-08-2013   #125
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 128 wdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enoughwdemetrius1 will become famous soon enough

I Love It.

2012 MECA World Finals Street National Runner Up!!!
2012 MECA Street National Points Champion!!!
2012 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
2011 MECA Street Georgia State Champion!!!
wdemetrius1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement