Challenger SQ Install - Fishman - Page 8 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013   #176
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
audio excellence
Position:
senior tech

Rep Power: 69 jpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

Veritas horns,nice,as far as the steering wheel, the man just has one of the best set of hands!
jpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013   #177
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 105 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio-Concepts View Post
Looks great brother! Now get to wiring and lets let the Fish hear this amazing install before he leaves! The green lighting fits so well with everything. And damn does that steering wheel look phenominal!!!
I've been working 14hr days so I haven't had any time to work on the wiring. We're gonna meet up at SBN so he'll get a chance to hear it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hurst Challenger - McIntosh - Milbert - TRU - Stevens Audio - Rane - XS Power
lsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2013   #178
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Car Tunes Stereo Center Berkley, MI
Position:
Garage Manager

Rep Power: 140 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Have you been to SBN before? I was thinking of going in '14, but when I was looking at the FB page for SBN '13 a lot of the people were complaining because the demo times were ridiculously short due to sound ordinances that they were apparently enforcing. I'd be less than thrilled if I drove 1200 miles for that. There's a lot of cars I want to see (and maybe hear).

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Skydiving without a parachute is a once in a lifetime experience.
JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013   #179
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 105 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
Have you been to SBN before? I was thinking of going in '14, but when I was looking at the FB page for SBN '13 a lot of the people were complaining because the demo times were ridiculously short due to sound ordinances that they were apparently enforcing. I'd be less than thrilled if I drove 1200 miles for that. There's a lot of cars I want to see (and maybe hear).

Jay
Ive always wanted to go but never had a Car worthy... SBN seems to be the last of the big shows which is why I want to go. Plus it'll be a nice break from the Chicago weather.

Old 07-26-2013   #180
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Default Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

Here's a close-up shot of the lights in the steering wheel. ]

Old 07-26-2013   #181

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Potent Car Audio
Position:
Head Installer

Rep Power: 0 Potent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enough

Looks farking amazing, I love it to bits...

If I may ask, what thickness of aluminium did he use for the steering wheel?

Manny
Some nice stuff to BUMP with...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72...C00722-1-1.jpg
Potent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013   #182
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potent View Post
Looks farking amazing, I love it to bits...

If I may ask, what thickness of aluminium did he use for the steering wheel?
1/4"

Old 07-27-2013   #183

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Potent Car Audio
Position:
Head Installer

Rep Power: 0 Potent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enoughPotent will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsm View Post
1/4"

Thanks alot much appreciated...

Manny
Some nice stuff to BUMP with...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72...C00722-1-1.jpg
Potent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2013   #184
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Well Fish is done and going back to California tomorrow. The rest of the install is up to me. Ill try to pull the Car out of the garage soon and take some good pics. Thanks for all the compliments!

Old 07-27-2013   #185
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 248 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

It's not a Fishman install without a custom steering wheel.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013   #186

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 KillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enough

I have attached the 6 of the 8 pages of Dave "Fishman" Rivera's install on the Streetwire's Ram truck.

Dave is a legend and I would love for him to do an install for me! I like his work on this Ram truck but, my favorite was his work on the Honda Accord.

I have the magazine with the Honda Accord article but, I will have to dig it up if anyone wants to see it.

Dave if you read this, you work is awesome!!!

Last edited by KillerBox; 05-16-2016 at 08:43 AM..
KillerBox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013   #187

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 KillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enough

P.S. I have the other 2 pages of the Ram truck install but, I could only upload 6 here because of the size limitations
KillerBox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013   #188

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
East Coast Customs
Position:
Installation Mgr. M.E.C.P certified

Rep Power: 83 eisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enough

Wow but I remember the dodge I guess with the second install
The strokers were right behind the seat and the dash had
A tube tv around 20" or so.
Also when I was up at street wires here in my town (winder , ga)
I got to look close at the truck and I remember Jerry (owner of street wires)
Told me all the terminal blocks, Wire etc. were dead ends not really connected just
For show and all the batteries in the bed were just the tops and were empty. Lol
But no one could tell LOL
And I love the tail gate rams head when it's opens to say look at me !!
eisnerracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2013   #189
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Dave signed the trunk lid right before he left.

Old 07-31-2013   #190
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I just realized that I completely forgot to upload these...

New shifter (Dave's 1st) and console lid.

Old 07-31-2013   #191

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 121 SQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enough

It just keeps getting better...

Love it!!
SQram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2013   #192

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
East Coast Customs
Position:
Installation Mgr. M.E.C.P certified

Rep Power: 83 eisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enougheisnerracing will become famous soon enough

Since you hung out with fish for a while - did u ever see him eating
Gummy worms ? I always thought that would be a funny pic lol
eisnerracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013   #193

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 92 BP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enough

AWESOME install! I can't believe I threw out all my CA, CSR, & CSE mags when we moved in 2009. Fishman IS the ultimate installer!

2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 5.4L 2wd, Jensen VX7020, Boston Acoustic GT-42, Kicker KS68's, Power Acoustik BAMF 5500/1D, 2 Polk Audio MM1540DVC's in 3.25ft Sealed.
BP1Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #194
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 82 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

Let me start by saying that Dave has been one of my favorite custom installers EVER. Have always loved his creativity. Seen almost all his installs in the mags and even watched the "Hurst" he built with Steve Brown and Gary Biggs on Unique Whips a few years back.

Anyways, are those amp covers made from CNC metal or are they wood painted?

Loving the install. You and Dave. Keep it up.

Installers will always be the ARTIST of this industry !!!
Black Rain is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #195

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 92 BP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enough

D@mn, I remember that episode of Unique Whips!

2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 5.4L 2wd, Jensen VX7020, Boston Acoustic GT-42, Kicker KS68's, Power Acoustik BAMF 5500/1D, 2 Polk Audio MM1540DVC's in 3.25ft Sealed.
BP1Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013   #196

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 121 SQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enough

Any listening impressions yet?
SQram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013   #197
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
Let me start by saying that Dave has been one of my favorite custom installers EVER. Have always loved his creativity. Seen almost all his installs in the mags and even watched the "Hurst" he built with Steve Brown and Gary Biggs on Unique Whips a few years back.

Anyways, are those amp covers made from CNC metal or are they wood painted?

Loving the install. You and Dave. Keep it up.

Installers will always be the ARTIST of this industry !!!
Thanks for the compliments Black Rain (hahaha).

The covers are made out of T-6061 Billet Aluminum that Dave and I cut out on a Router Table. No CNC Machine was used anywhere in the install, he made everything by hand.

That episode of Unique Whips really made Fish look like a prima-donna and an idiot...it really bothers him, to the point that he doesn't like to talk about it. If you know Fish he is the coolest, most entertaining guy and never acts conceited. Dave has a unique way of working and the way the editing was done it made him look like a fool. The only positive this he talked about was how great it was to work with Steve who he really admires. That guy can Build some bad ass shit!

Old 08-16-2013   #198
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQram View Post
Any listening impressions yet?
Honestly I haven't had time to even go out in the garage since Fish went home. I actually have this weekend off so Im gonna try to play a little on Sunday. I had it running last year and it sounded great just needed more Power to the mids. The major equip changes this year are the Milbert which will run the horns vs my TRU B475 and I also swapped out my Helix P-DSP (which I had major problems with) for a Bit Ten. Im not expecting a huge difference between the Milbert and the TRU (it was built with BB627 OpAmps)...thats more of a love affair thing to me. Im also going to vent the 6x9's through the firewall and try out several different horn bodies. I have about half the brackets built for the horns so once Im done I can swap them out quick to do listening sessions.

I CANT WAIT TO FIRE IT UP!!!

Old 08-16-2013   #199
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 82 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

Your right they didnt paint a good picture of him. Either way hes one hell of a fabricator and installer. So no machines. Where did you buy it at? Can it be purchased at Lowes or HomeDepot?

Also, are you trunk panels glass/wood? How did you secure all the panels in the truck?
Old 08-16-2013   #200
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Your right they didnt paint a good picture of him. Either way hes one hell of a fabricator and installer. So no machines. Where did you buy it at? Can it be purchased at Lowes or HomeDepot?

Also, are you trunk panels glass/wood? How did you secure all the panels in the truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement