Challenger SQ Install - Fishman - Page 9 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013   #201
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 106 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
Where did you buy it at? Can it be purchased at Lowes or HomeDepot?

Also, are you trunk panels glass/wood? How did you secure all the panels in the truck?
We used 1/4" so I dont think you can get it a Lowe's or HD. Try a metal supply warehouse. The trunk panels are a mix of everything you mentioned and are pressure fit in place.

Hurst Challenger - McIntosh - Milbert - TRU - Stevens Audio - Rane - XS Power
lsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013   #202
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 83 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

I dont know much about that, but would the vibrations still make the panels move since they are not bolted? If that process can be explained.

I have put panels in my Sorie but they are secured from within the paneling enclosure.
Black Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2013   #203
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 106 lsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enoughlsm will become famous soon enough

Default Challenger SQ Install - Fishman

Quote:
I dont know much about that, but would the vibrations still make the panels move since they are not bolted? If that process can be explained.

I have put panels in my Sorie but they are secured from within the paneling enclosure.
The panels are made to fit together in a specific order, each one holding the previous one in place. The last panel is the rear trim piece which then locks in place. If anything rattles down the road Ill use some neodymium magnets to tighten the fit in those areas.

Old 08-24-2013   #204
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 83 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

I am not familiar as to how to make those magnets work with panels. If you can explain that process or PM me on it I'd appreciate.
Old 08-25-2013   #205
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
I am not familiar as to how to make those magnets work with panels. If you can explain that process or PM me on it I'd appreciate.
Pretty simple actually and I'm sure there are a million ways to do it - I got the idea from one of Steve Meade's YouTube videos. I buy my magnets from http://unitednuclear.com/

Old 10-21-2013   #206
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 149 8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice

Do you happen to have any more pics of the Kick build?

2009 USACi world champion
2010 USACi world champion
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2013   #207
DIYMA 500 Club

Addicted to 12 Volt

12V Company:
TAS Electronics
Position:
Install Tech

Rep Power: 170 Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

That Car is totally wicked.

I remember always being very impressed by the creativity of Fishman installs, and this one is no exception. Glad to see work of this caliber is still being done.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2013   #208
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
Do you happen to have any more pics of the Kick build?
Im rebuilding the kicks but I haven't had time to work on the Car lately... as soon as I am able to get back out in the garage Ill post Build pics.

Old 10-24-2013   #209
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
That Car is totally wicked.

I remember always being very impressed by the creativity of Fishman installs, and this one is no exception. Glad to see work of this caliber is still being done.
Thanks!

Old 10-24-2013   #210
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Can wait to see how everything comes out at the end.

Sub'd
Old 10-26-2013   #211
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisnerracing View Post
Since you hung out with fish for a while - did u ever see him eating
Gummy worms ? I always thought that would be a funny pic lol
OMFG I wish you had posted this when he was still here!!!

Old 10-26-2013   #212
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Im still working a ton but I'm guessing it'll dry up in December so I should have some time to play then. Believe me you guys have no idea how bad I want to call off and go out un the garage! I've waited this long I guess another month or so won't kill me...

I do have some new pics that Fish took when he was building parts of the install that Ill try to post tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Old 10-26-2013   #213
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 102 sydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enough

sub'd... because I just had to on equipment alone.. and then DDBAMM!

Sydmonster, downunder.
sydmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2013   #214
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I ran out to the garage and snapped a few pics of the kickpanels. I'm planning to rebuild them but you'll get the idea... Basically I glued two pieces of Birch together, made a template, bolted the template up to the kick and dropped in the speaker. Believe it or not I only had to trim about 1/4" of steel out of the hole then I coated the entire area with CAE deadener.

Old 11-26-2013   #215
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I'm on vacation this week so I get to work on the Car for a change...

I've spend the last few days cleaning up all the wiring to meet IASCA specifications and rebuilding the kick panel. I'll post some pics later tonight, so far I'm pretty happy.

I've also been working on the amp rack for the Milbert. If I make any significant progress I'll post pics of that also.

Old 01-11-2014   #216
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 44 ebrit003 will become famous soon enoughebrit003 will become famous soon enoughebrit003 will become famous soon enoughebrit003 will become famous soon enoughebrit003 will become famous soon enoughebrit003 will become famous soon enough

How about those pics - LOL
ebrit003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2014   #217

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 win1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enough

Sub'd
win1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2014   #218

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 72 bonvivant will become famous soon enoughbonvivant will become famous soon enoughbonvivant will become famous soon enoughbonvivant will become famous soon enoughbonvivant will become famous soon enoughbonvivant will become famous soon enough

Is Fish still in chicago?
bonvivant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2014   #219

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Xmaximus will become famous soon enoughXmaximus will become famous soon enoughXmaximus will become famous soon enoughXmaximus will become famous soon enoughXmaximus will become famous soon enoughXmaximus will become famous soon enough

Oh yes.. Its good to see Mr. Rivera still doing it...

X
Xmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2014   #220

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 Audio Options will become famous soon enoughAudio Options will become famous soon enoughAudio Options will become famous soon enoughAudio Options will become famous soon enoughAudio Options will become famous soon enoughAudio Options will become famous soon enough

no Fish is back in Fresno Ca
Audio Options is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014   #221

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
EFX Elite
Position:
fabricator

Rep Power: 67 speakerpimp will become famous soon enoughspeakerpimp will become famous soon enoughspeakerpimp will become famous soon enoughspeakerpimp will become famous soon enoughspeakerpimp will become famous soon enoughspeakerpimp will become famous soon enough

Dreams do come true...
speakerpimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014   #222
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Look for Fishman on Tru TV this summer. Here's a commercial for the show and from talking with Dave we're gonna see some (BTTF Quote) "Serious Shit". lol

http://www.trutv.com/shows/motor-cit...mpetition.html

Old 03-20-2014   #223
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I saw the link, but it doesn't really say much of anything others than its a Car building competition. Is Fish going to be building a Car with a group of guys or will there be some of his insane audio fabrication incorporated with the car build?

Is Fishman still doing car audio at a shop, his place??? We see much of guys like him anymore, especially since there aren't car audio magazines being made now. Maybe we can get him to do a Build log on here of cars he's working on, kind of like Bing and Joey from Simplicity Sounds do. Just an idea.

Anyways, I'm glad that you have a great relationship with him.
Old 03-20-2014   #224

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 144 SteveH! will become famous soon enoughSteveH! will become famous soon enoughSteveH! will become famous soon enoughSteveH! will become famous soon enoughSteveH! will become famous soon enoughSteveH! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsm View Post
Im rebuilding the kicks but I haven't had time to work on the Car lately... as soon as I am able to get back out in the garage Ill post Build pics.
Did you get a chance to take pics of your rebuild of the kick panels?
SteveH! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014   #225
lsm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH! View Post
Did you get a chance to take pics of your rebuild of the kick panels?

No haven't even started them yet... I've been working on the amp rack for the Milbert, which is almost done, and mounting the horns further back under the dash. I had rotator cuff surgery a while back so I've been out of commission. I'll try to post a few pics tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement