DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

2014 Accord Sport: Hybrid Audio, Mosconi, Stereo Intergrity

19K views 74 replies 28 participants last post by  BlackHHR 
#1 · (Edited)
Back last December, I purchased my 2014 Honda Accord Sport (Modern Steel Metallic). This has been my 4th Honda overall and three of those have been Accords. Earlier this month, I was lucky enough to pay off the car :D

Sorry for the "lousy pictures" so far, but will upload better ones later

Source:
Honda OEM Head Unit

Power:
KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 gauge power wire
KnuKonceptz Kord Ultra Flex 14 & 16 gauge speaker wire
KnuKonceptz (4) 2 Channel Krystal RCA cables

Processor:
Mosconi 6to8v8 with Bluetooth module

Speakers:
Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" midbass drivers
Hyrbid Audio L3SE midrange drivers
Hybrid Audio L1 Pro R2 tweeters

Subs:
2x Stereo Integrity BM MK IV

Amps:
Mosconi One 120.4 --> Clarus 6.5" mids
Mosconi One 240.2 --> Stereo Intergrity BM MK IV
Mosconi AS 100.4 --> L3SE + L1 Pro R2

Sound Deadening:
Alpha Damp
Sound Deadener Showdown
Raamat Ensolite

This is a Mark Worrell (#doctor who is the lead installer at Audiomasters in Pineville, NC) install and is still a work in progress as I type this out. ATM, my Mosconi DSP will not upgrade the firmware of Mark's laptop so he will have to contact Nick Wingate to find out what the problem is.

He will send me all the install pictures he has taken and I will post some as soon as I get them.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" + L1 Pro R2

Stereo Integrity BM MK IV

Mosconi One Series Amps

Mosconi AS 100.4

Power Wire

I don't have pictures of the L3SE or the Mosconi 6to8v8 since I got those from Mark right before the install.

#24 ·
Mosconi AS 100.4

I recognize that! You better treat that Italian beauty right! And Mark too while you're at it! ;)

This is going to be a fun little build - I wish I weren't traveling, or I'd go down with my Mac and try to help out with that 6to8. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product and especially hearing it before / at the meet in November!

#11 ·
It's taken me since March to get all the components together. Originally wanted to do a 2 way with the Clarus set and upgrade to a 3 way later on. Mark said it would be easier to go ahead and do everything now, so here I am. A lot more than I wanted to spend, but you know how that goes...

#12 ·
Couple teaser pictures since I have the car now but will have to go back to the shop soon.

Sub enclosure:
Mark will add a face plate to the front so it will look stock when I open the trunk. Also, the lighting comes on when the trunk is open

Amp rack:

I originally got the amp rack idea from this picture I found somewhere online

#18 ·
Nice work. I love the lighting.

One thing is bugging me though, and it may be the way the picture was taken, but something looks crooked in tbe last photo of your amp rack. Maybe the 6to8?[

you are correct, the amps are not fully mounted, due to the way the enclosure and rack bolt in, I left the amps loose so I can set gains and not have to pull amp rack back out. The DSP may get moved once amps are in final position.

#20 · (Edited)
New pictures are posted in 3rd post and will do more later. Mark sent alot of pictures to me but I will pick the best I think represents his work. Not sure why Mark didn't post any pictures of the L1 Pro R2, but I can take one tomorrow morning showing them installed.

Sub Enclosure:

#26 ·
Not my install related, but went by Audiomasters today and Mark is working on redoing a 3 way Dynaudio Esotar system. The previous installer put the tweeters on axis right near the guys face and the midrange in the kicks.

Mark has from Thursday until Saturday to finish the front end.

#29 ·
Nice products. Will be checking the updates.

I've owned 3 of the older Accords, including my current one. I'm amazed at how popular the new Accords are in my area after only being introduced maybe a year and a 1/2 ago, I think. Awesome looking cars and if they are as reliable and dependable as the prior generations the new Accords will only become even more popular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.