2010 Nissan Altima - Page 16 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2017   #376
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 55 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Nissan Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoye0017 View Post
What type of 3D printer was it? I may have missed it. I know there have been concerns about PLA's resistance to heat in automotive applications.
It's a makerbot (I think a replicator but I'll make sure today). If anything happens from heat I'll take a few pictures and post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordyG View Post
Nice install and really like Ground Zero mids you're getting in, but I got a question about it: How do you secure it to the baffle?
Pressure fit. I made it a tight fit anyway but then the weather stripping squeezed between the gaps and really made a tight fit. Plus the mids weigh about the same as (or less than) gb10 tweeters so I doubt they'll move with just a pressure fit.

My build ->2010 Altima
WhereAmEye? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2017   #377
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 55 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

Got them installed and wired, but not at the amp. So they're not playing music yet but they're in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 1 Week Ago   #378
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

School has been keeping me busy but I managed to start a new project over the past few weeks, and that is installing a tablet. I've decided to use the Nvidia Shield K1 for several reasons:
- It looks pretty
- It can play high res music
- It has a very good graphics card
- It can house a 128gb micro sd card (more than enough for my music/spotify offline)
- It isn't an ipad

I plan on getting a dsp with controller one day (one better than the minidsp controller) and knew I want to place it underneath the tablet, therefore I had to move the A/C control unit. I decided to replace my sunglasses holder with it since I don't use it anyway.

I used part of a Scosche dash kit to get the shape right. I placed it with glue, then put in some plastic walls, then used epoxy and fiberglass reinforced filler for strength, then some filler.

I need to finish up the body work and extend the wires, but I now I have a ton of room on my dash.

I am graduating this May so I'll finally be done with school and have at least a few hours a day if I want to work on my car. But until then I can't do anything else.

On another note, I traded my w7 for a couple DIYMA R12's.

My build ->2010 Altima
The Following User Says Thank You to WhereAmEye? For This Useful Post:
Notloudenuf (1 Week Ago)

Old 1 Week Ago   #379
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 32 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

Sick stuff!!! Nice idea to move aircon controls there, I never thought of doing that.

I've just finished printing my slider kit for a nexus 9 which is a similar tablet to yours I believe, with the tegra chip. Unfortunately I've learnt I cannot really install it in this Car without hacking up the vinyl dash pieces, so it'll have to go somewhere else

Also fwiw; you probably have usb stuff figured out already but I'll just tell you how mine was run incase its any help; an OTG hub, with a switch on the dash to change from otg to charge, this could also be ignition triggered. One usb output to a external storage (bit easier than sd fiddling), one for the optical streamer, and another for an external digital volume knob.

The Old : Kenwood eXcelon X599 --> Massive Audio Core-1 --> 2 x Fusion FP-1404 -- > NVX XSPTW | Dayton RS-100 | Exodus Anarchy | Soundstream EXACT 12"

The New: Nexus 9 optical out --> Zapco DSP-Z6III --> Soundstream Refs --> RAM2 | RAM6 | 2 x dbDrive K3 12D4 in IB
Kazuhiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Kazuhiro For This Useful Post:
WhereAmEye? (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #380
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuhiro View Post
Sick stuff!!! Nice idea to move aircon controls there, I never thought of doing that.

I've just finished printing my slider kit for a nexus 9 which is a similar tablet to yours I believe, with the tegra chip. Unfortunately I've learnt I cannot really install it in this Car without hacking up the vinyl dash pieces, so it'll have to go somewhere else

Also fwiw; you probably have usb stuff figured out already but I'll just tell you how mine was run incase its any help; an OTG hub, with a switch on the dash to change from otg to charge, this could also be ignition triggered. One usb output to a external storage (bit easier than sd fiddling), one for the optical streamer, and another for an external digital volume knob.

Ah that sucks you can't fit yours!

About mine, the goal was not to use the USB port for anything except charging. The k1 has a mini hdmi port that I plan on pulling digital audio from via an hdmi extractor. I also will need a dsp with a nice controller to allow me volume control of a digital source.

I don't think the hassle from an sd card would hurt that much since I don't have to change it everyday. I have about 2500 songs in my own library and I can download 3,333 songs from my Spotify premium library for offline listening. That should last quite a while between change ups

However I do like the ease of using a flash drive. If I used the USB hub I would definitely use a flash drive for some emergency tunes lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 1 Week Ago   #381
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 32 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

HDMI - Lucky workaround! Looks like you have it sorted without the annoyance of OTG! Maybe I should buy one

What way are you going to go about mounting? removeable I assume since you will need to do storage, unless you have nice wifi and drag and drop from your pc

The Old : Kenwood eXcelon X599 --> Massive Audio Core-1 --> 2 x Fusion FP-1404 -- > NVX XSPTW | Dayton RS-100 | Exodus Anarchy | Soundstream EXACT 12"

The New: Nexus 9 optical out --> Zapco DSP-Z6III --> Soundstream Refs --> RAM2 | RAM6 | 2 x dbDrive K3 12D4 in IB
Old 1 Week Ago   #382
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
HDMI - Lucky workaround! Looks like you have it sorted without the annoyance of OTG! Maybe I should buy one

What way are you going to go about mounting? removeable I assume since you will need to do storage, unless you have nice wifi and drag and drop from your pc
The unit is only $200 so all things considered it's not that badly priced at all. I'm not sure about getting it to you but I can't imagine it being too much more.

In terms of mounting, I don't know yet. My first choice would be a homemade side slider kit (props to Soundman for the idea) and have the hdmi and usb plugs glued in place. The Nvidia brand case is magnetic so I think a few neo magnets would work well.

If for some reason the side slider kit doesn't work out then I'll cross that bridge when I get there ha.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 5 Days Ago   #383
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

or ugly mount with a clean removeable faceplate

Old 5 Days Ago   #384
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
or ugly mount with a clean removeable faceplate
Definitely a possibility. I could set the inner dimensions of the removable faceplate to cover all but the screen to give it a nice inset look. But mount the plate with magnets so that it's still an easy removal process. That would also help hide the cables..but I like the idea of secured plugs so that they won't fall out of place.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 2 Days Ago   #385
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I picked up my k1 today from best buy! Its gorgeous! I've never had a tablet before but this thing is awesome. Nice big screen with very good quality.

Here's what my screen looks like for spotify..I love the very simple look with a nice big album artwork and easy skip/ pause.

I'm looking into a few apps for my own music. One that I did research on was Power amp. It plays high res music which will be nice.

For now Im just enjoying it as a tablet.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 2 Days Ago   #386
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I don't know why the picture is so bad. Still figuring out settings for Android :/

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 2 Days Ago   #387
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 174 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

That's cool. I've been considering going back to the dark side from iOS myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2008 Civic Si Sedan - DEX-P99RS, Helix DSP Pro-2, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #388
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
That's cool. I've been considering going back to the dark side from iOS myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm on the fence because I love my iPhone 6. Before that I had an HTC One and loved it too. I guess I'm not that picky but need time to get used to whatever I use.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 2 Days Ago   #389
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 bbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the roughbbfoto is a jewel in the rough

Check to see if your tablet is compatible with the USB audio PLAYER PRO app and the SMSL X-USB XMOS Digital Extractor.

You would have to use the USB charging/data port on your tablet instead of the Mini HDMI.

But the above combination (if it works with your device) will give you true Bit-Perfect Hi-Res digital output via Toslink, Coaxial, or I2S.

You would also need a micro-USB "OTG" Y-Cable for the tablet to DAC connection. The "Y"-cable version allows you to Power the SMSL and charge your tablet.

Works with Tidal/Streaming and can access & play files from a portable Wi-Fi NAS/Media Server storage drive (SD Card, USB Thumbdrive, HDD, or SSD, etc.). It's a great app that the developers are constantly updating and adding features. Definitely worth the money. I feel no desire to buy or use something like the new Sony RSX-GS9 with this setup. (I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0" LTE cell phone/tablet, #SM-T715Y as my "head unit").

The UAPP app has an available ($1.99 in-app purchase) PEQ that I use as my "Front End" EQ for overall tonality tuning after my "system" tuning using the Helix DSP PRO.

In my extensive testing, this setup offers WAY better SQ than an HDMI Digital Extractor if you have a top of the line system that can resolve the differences. YMMV

With this app, you can use a large variety of other USB DACs as well, some of which which will support DSD, and up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM, along with Tidal's MQA-encoded tracks (providing your tablet is compatible...check the UAPP page for device compatibility).

BTW, the install is looking FANTASTIC!

Last edited by bbfoto; 2 Days Ago at 02:57 AM..
bbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to bbfoto For This Useful Post:
WhereAmEye? (2 Days Ago)
Old 2 Days Ago   #390
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Thanks for the detailed post!

Nvidia said this in one of their updates:

Quote:
SHIELD Tablet K1 now meets Android 6.0 Professional audio requirements, including:

Low Latency audio (<20ms continuous round trip)
USB Host & Peripheral modes
24-bit@192kHz Stereo & 7.1 HDMI output
MIDI support over USB & Bluetooth LE
So I assume I could get good stuff out of the hdmi or usb port, as long as I have good peripheral stuff. If I one day get a helix dsp with the usb input I could just direct-connect and be fine right? As long as the interface remains the same and that app (or similar) works fine.

Also what do you use for ripping cd's to flac and keeping the album artwork? I've always used ALAC and have all my music on itunes.

My build ->2010 Altima
Sponsored Links
Advertisement