2010 Nissan Altima - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2015   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 61 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Nissan Altima

I have a pair of HAT L3v2 that Im starting to think I'll never get around to using if youre interested...being local you could try before you buy.

That Kenwood does look much nicer!

crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2015   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 59 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post
I have a pair of HAT L3v2 that Im starting to think I'll never get around to using if youre interested...being local you could try before you buy.

That Kenwood does look much nicer!
Sweet, I'll let you know.

And I have to agree about the Kenwood looking nicer

My build ->2010 Altima
WhereAmEye? is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2015   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 59 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

Not audio related but I had some fun with twenty bucks and a trip to Lowe's. Just a little plastidip.

Very much so audio related...

My build ->2010 Altima

Old 06-05-2015   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Also got the rcd controller. I don't know when I'll be able to install it but boy I can't wait.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-05-2015   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 61 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

Very nice, ive got a 6to8 as well! Haven't had a chance to play with it as Im waiting for my Head unit to return from warranty work...will be my first DSP and tuning, looking forward to the challenge.

Edit: ha ha, I also have some extra plasti dip...but its charcoal gray.

Old 06-06-2015   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Here's the plan to have by the end of summer. The box itself will be easy to build and I have everything i need except for the pdx v9 to finish up the trunk. Hopefully I can build the box within the next few weeks and by that time have a v9

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-06-2015   #32

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 l a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enough

Very nice build. I have a 08 Maxima same color...gotta love NISSAN

You will love the 6to8, I have one also, and it has drastically changed things. Make sure to visit the Mosconi 6to8 pics thread for any questions you may have. It is well worth the read. And with the Mosconi, you will be doing a active 3way up front in the very near future
l a r r y is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2015   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by l a r r y View Post
Very nice build. I have a 08 Maxima same color...gotta love NISSAN

You will love the 6to8, I have one also, and it has drastically changed things. Make sure to visit the Mosconi 6to8 pics thread for any questions you may have. It is well worth the read. And with the Mosconi, you will be doing a active 3way up front in the very near future
That's the plan, eventually. I've changed my mind so many times leading up to this point that I'm done saying what will be here in the future haha.

I will say that the Xs comps are on classifieds and ebay so if I can get rid of the then I already have a few possible plans on the front stage.

And I actually am enjoying the idq now. It's not spl loud imo but it's cool to have it blend better with the rest of the system, making it sound more like headphones than a boom boom system.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-07-2015   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Did a little bit of work the past two days. I think I've done more thinking than doing but I'll be glad to have a semi-permanent setup to last me more than 3 months.

Did a simple job of moving the rcas and passenger side speaker wires across and underneath the rear seat cushion so that all the wiring comes out in the same spot in the trunk.

Also got a good dent made in the sub enclosure. So far it's close to the drawing, still need to get some carpet and finish the amp/ dsp rack. The actual sub enclosure is 1.07 cuft at the moment, but I'll probably put something in there to take up ~.05 cuft. So with displacement right at 1 cuft.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-08-2015   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Got some work done this evening. I put some white vinyl on the front and side of the enclosure, which will be partly visible when all is said and done.

The plain piece of mdf on the side is a mount for the rack the amps will sit on.

I used threaded inserts for the power distribution blocks, dsp, and relay and secured them with stainless steel 8-32 bolts. Screws for other distro block. I also got to quench my ocd on this box moreso than my other boxes

That's it for today. Maybe I'll have it in the car by the weekend.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-09-2015   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 35 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

Nice work. This is the arrangement I was originally going to use with my project, although it wasn't ideal as my amps weren't stackable.
Kazuhiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2015   #37

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 29 EcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enough

Looking good. What are you planning on putting up front instead of the ID XS comps?
EcoHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2015   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 147 Pseudonym will become famous soon enoughPseudonym will become famous soon enoughPseudonym will become famous soon enoughPseudonym will become famous soon enoughPseudonym will become famous soon enoughPseudonym will become famous soon enough

your car has a perfect trunk for IB. if you picked up another idq and just mounted them up against the back seats, youd be a very happy individual.
Pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2015   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuhiro View Post
Nice work. This is the arrangement I was originally going to use with my project, although it wasn't ideal as my amps weren't stackable.
Yeah one of the things I like about the PDX amps for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoHawk View Post
Looking good. What are you planning on putting up front instead of the ID XS comps?
The plan is some vifa xt-25 radiators I have laying in the closet, hybrid or audible physics mids, and audible physics xr6.5m in classifieds. But no one seems to want the id comps haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
your car has a perfect trunk for IB. if you picked up another idq and just mounted them up against the back seats, youd be a very happy individual.
Please don't tempt me. I finally got a design I think I'll like and don't want to change it before it even gets in the car

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-10-2015   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Sorry about the dark pics coming up, most of this was done between 8 and 10:30 this evening. Still not done but I'm one step closer.

The vinyl is coming off inside the hole of the box but I'm not too worried because the idq was going to have a tight fit anyway.

Using some hardboard as a template to get the curves right (ftmp)

Test fitting the amp

That's it for today

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-10-2015   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 35 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

That cut to shape top piece makes it look nice. Are you going to be carpeting it?
Old 06-11-2015   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
That cut to shape top piece makes it look nice. Are you going to be carpeting it?
Well I was hoping to put some more white vinyl on it but I ran out of the piece I had

Instead I'll carpet it. I also need to make the front panel with carpet and find a way to anchor the box to the car, hopefully this evening.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-11-2015   #43
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 135 jimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enough

Nice to see the IDQ got a good home.. can't wait to hear how it sounds in your setup...

jimmyjames16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2015   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Got a good bit of work done yesterday. Installed the sub, made the wall and carpeted the amp rack and the wall, and began a little bit of wiring.

I still need to:
-Extend one of the speaker wires that ended up too short
-Make homemade rcas or stuff 10 foot rcas under the amp rack
-Finish wiring the amp rack
-Get a v9 so that the sub can move air
-Enjoy the work

My build ->2010 Altima

Last edited by WhereAmEye?; 06-14-2015 at 10:31 AM..
Old 06-14-2015   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Wicked finish man, absolute stunner.
Old 06-14-2015   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Wicked finish man, absolute stunner.
Thank you sir

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-14-2015   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Nice work! That white ring around the sub really makes it 'pop'.

Old 06-18-2015   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I bought some audible physics ar3a on classifieds so I started drawing some to get my head spinning on what I'm hoping to do. Here's the plan, on axis aimed probably towards directly between the head rests, but I'll listen to them in various positions before deciding.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-22-2015   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Sooooo turns out the Mosconi didn't work out for me. Or should I say, didn't work at all. There's a small chance that it was my fault, but I couldn't get output from the processor no matter how hard I tried or what I did. Thankfully the seller is a legit guy and gave me a refund and is going to pay for return shipping.

This is a blessing in disguise I guess because I think the Mosconi software is a bit too involved for my level of expertise (noob). With the money I paid I was able to get the PDX-V9 and a minidsp 2x4 with a UMIK for some more beginner level tuning practice. I'll run the front input into the 2x4 to process the xs mids and ar3a mids, and just run the sub from the sub output of the Kenwood. Not as much processing power but I can at least have music I'm quite sick of turning my iPhone 6 up to max volume in my cup holder to have music while driving..

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-22-2015   #50

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 l a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enoughl a r r y will become famous soon enough

I had that same issue trying to figure out why no sound was coming from a couple of channels. After scratching my head and ass for about 20 minutes, I figured it out that the two channels, I did not have turned up in the software. Sorry to hear you didn't get it figured out, hope it all works out the best for you on your new equipment
l a r r y is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement