2010 Nissan Altima - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 33 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Nissan Altima

The DSP gods have taken another life. Lucky with the postage, I had to pay about 100usd to have mine shipped to and from cali.

85' JDM Prelude Si

Pioneer|Soundstream|Audible Physics
Kazuhiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 57 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by l a r r y View Post
I had that same issue trying to figure out why no sound was coming from a couple of channels. After scratching my head and ass for about 20 minutes, I figured it out that the two channels, I did not have turned up in the software. Sorry to hear you didn't get it figured out, hope it all works out the best for you on your new equipment
There was a ten minute period (out of about 3 hours of messing around with the unit and the software) where somehow I had music coming out of the tweeters. I never could get music out of the mids though. I hooked up the mids directly to the amp from the Kenwoods output and they played fine so I really think it was a faulty dsp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuhiro View Post
The DSP gods have taken another life. Lucky with the postage, I had to pay about 100usd to have mine shipped to and from cali.
Bleh. $100 for shipping bites

My build ->2010 Altima
WhereAmEye? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2015   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 57 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

Today I secured the sub box to the car, secured the front panel to the box, and made some custom rcas to go from the minidsp to the amps

x2 1/4"-20 rivets were used for the box

A 1/4"-20 threaded insert was used near the amp rack along with a strip of Velcro at the top right corner of the box to secure the trim

Yeah 3m 77 sucks with vinyl. Staples are keeping it from coming loose but they can't be seen normally.

Rcas were made with the remains of DIYMA cables I bought wayyy back for the Honda. A bit of tech flex and pants from the kicker speaker wire and I like how they turned out.

My build ->2010 Altima

Old 06-23-2015   #54
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 33 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

Why dont you buy the 2x8 minidsp and start off with the 2x4 addon?

85' JDM Prelude Si

Old 06-24-2015   #55
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

As it stands I can buy another 2x4 and have 8 channels of processing and 2 inputs. Only downfall is having two different windows open, but it's still $100 cheaper.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-24-2015   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Oh wow never looked at the prices haha

85' JDM Prelude Si

Old 06-24-2015   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Exclamation Re: 2010 Nissan Altima

Ar3a's came in today. They look so cool; I can't want to hear them.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-25-2015   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Minidsp came in today and got me all excited. I bought the black case that comes with the 2x4 kit but it had no way of securing it down, I guess because it's more for home audio. Anyway I removed the board and put the case up.

Obviously the rack I made was for the mosconi, but I was able to cut a piece of mdf that houses the minidsp and minidc isolator and secure it with the same 10-32 bolts that held the mosconi

I used #4 brass screws with 3 brass washers and 3 plain washers for each hole

As it stands, battery goes to relay. Relay goes to minidc isolator. Minidc isolator powers the minidsp and sends remote signal to each amp. It's cool because not only does it isolate the power even further from the alternator, but it has a 3 second delayed turn on for the amps. My PDX amps, infamous for turn on pop, should be quiet as a mouse now

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-25-2015   #59

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 30 danzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enough

I like how short the Y is on the rca's that you have made. Very clean!
danzell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzell View Post
I like how short the Y is on the rca's that you have made. Very clean!
Thanks bud

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-28-2015   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I had planned on making pods to house the mids and the AT's but since I have everything except speaker wire to have a decent 3 way I figured I'd plan ahead and just mount the mids for now. The tweeters will eventually be going into the sail panels of the doors.

The mids looked kind of squished on the back of the baffle, and I know I'm claustrophobic, so I figured I'd help the little guys out

Before:

After:

Then I used some thin plastic I found on Amazon to act as a substitute to LHP to form a wall around the speaker. Just for looks.

I placed the baffle up on the dash just to see out it would eventually look. I'll do the aiming and glassing another day.

And of course my favorite xt-60 connectors

The v9 should be here tomorrow and I can't wait! Here's the mess of wires under the amp rack as a final pic.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-28-2015   #62

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 27 EcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enough

Damn fine baffles right there.
EcoHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2015   #63

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
B and L Audio
Position:
Head installer

Rep Power: 73 Deathjunior will become famous soon enoughDeathjunior will become famous soon enoughDeathjunior will become famous soon enoughDeathjunior will become famous soon enoughDeathjunior will become famous soon enoughDeathjunior will become famous soon enough

This is starting to remind me of my build. Every time I follow yours I see more of the same parts that I use. So I'm betting either you worked at bestbuy and took advantage of the kicker and polk accommodations or you randomly got the same kicker dual amp kit, wiring spool, speaker wire pants, and polk pa660 and pa880 amps i did lol. If the ar3's are anything like my NZ3's I'd try and cross them down to 250-300hz or so. Its working out well in my setup. I've used the mini DSP and all I can say about it is keep any power wires as far away as you can.
Deathjunior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2015   #64
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoHawk View Post
Damn fine baffles right there.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjunior View Post
This is starting to remind me of my build. Every time I follow yours I see more of the same parts that I use. So I'm betting either you worked at bestbuy and took advantage of the kicker and polk accommodations or you randomly got the same kicker dual amp kit, wiring spool, speaker wire pants, and polk pa660 and pa880 amps i did lol. If the ar3's are anything like my NZ3's I'd try and cross them down to 250-300hz or so. Its working out well in my setup. I've used the mini DSP and all I can say about it is keep any power wires as far away as you can.
Nope never worked at best buy. I'll see what happens with the minidsp in its current place for now. If it is whiny then I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-29-2015   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Ups decided to not show up today so I sat on the couch after work and took the day off

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-29-2015   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 58 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

Dam good work, ever consider doing side jobs for money!

When you get it sounding proper Id love to hear it.

crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2015   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post
Dam good work, ever consider doing side jobs for money!

When you get it sounding proper Id love to hear it.
Nahh, just a couple boxes for the price of materials for some friends lol.
I'll be back for junior year of college at the end of August so I'll let you know and we can meet up!

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 06-30-2015   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Finally have music! Minidsp works like a charm but channel 3 or 4 is screwed up on the f6 so I had to just use channel 1 and 2 for the mids rather than bridge them. I won't let it bother me for now because music > power.

Edit: it was actually a shotty rca. Who the heck made these things.

I placed the mids on a towel just to test/ listen for a little while. I'll try to get them in the pillars some time.

My build ->2010 Altima

Last edited by WhereAmEye?; 06-30-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Old 07-01-2015   #69
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Tried my hand at fiber glassing today. Didn't get far because I didn't have much time but hopefully it'll be cured 100% by tomorrow

Aimed directly at the dome lights..

I'm going to keep them sealed for now and if I don't like it hen I'll put a hole in the pillar.
So tonight all I did was cover the whole thing in resin. The stock pillar has grill cloth so I figured I would aim the baffles, secure it with ca glue and Popsicle sticks, then resin the whole thing. After this cures I'll stretch grill cloth and fiberglass that, and go on from there. This is what I finished today with..

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 07-02-2015   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Little more work today, not much.

Body filler will be my hero because wrapping these in grill cloth was not easy. Not for me anyway.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 07-04-2015   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Got some goodies in the mail yesterday.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 07-04-2015   #72
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

ohhhhh jelly! You cant go wrong with those

85' JDM Prelude Si

Old 07-04-2015   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuhiro View Post
ohhhhh jelly! You cant go wrong with those
That's what I'm hoping!

I plan on putting them in the sail panel on axis to the person closest to each respective side. All I need is another minidsp, two more runs of speaker wire,and a couple more rcas.

I'm getting awful noise through the midbasses right now. Sounds like all the noise I've ever had before. I guess I need to beef up the ground a bit and try around with a few things. I also want to use the idea that hanatsu uses where he wites some caps in parallel to decrease the noise at the alternator; maybe that'll work. Noise is my bane.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 07-05-2015   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Started on the bondo today. They are actually starting to look like pods, although I have a ways to make them look decent.

My build ->2010 Altima
Old 07-05-2015   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 58 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

Now that youve practiced, when can I send you my pillars?

Looks great!

crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement