BMW E46 Kick Refinish - Page 16 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #376
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 157 Mic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: BMW E46 Kick Refinish

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny z View Post
Yeah... the 6s for dedicated midrange - but like
the standard L6 and L6SE the L6X is 7.1".

I'm not exactly sure how they'll go in until we tear into it, but I am envisioning them something like this...

Can't wait to see your new build, too!

my original E36 Coupe --this version was never finished and car got sold basically for scrap bc we had to move and couldnt take the car.

Final version was for 6nd430 and Scan Tweeters with 8s in kicks and the 10 up front IB

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mic10is For This Useful Post:
benny z (4 Weeks Ago), captainobvious (4 Weeks Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #377
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 137 benny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic10is View Post
my original E36 Coupe --this version was never finished and car got sold basically for scrap bc we had to move and couldnt take the car.

Final version was for 6nd430 and Scan Tweeters with 8s in kicks and the 10 up front IB

Duuuude! And here I thought I was being inventive.

Did you get the 6s playing before you sold it?

ben zimmerman
co-founder : SQOLOGY
SQOLOGY Podcast

team hybrids : team brax-helix usa : team mobile audio plus : team strictly sound quality
benny z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #378
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 157 Mic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny z View Post
Duuuude! And here I thought I was being inventive.

Did you get the 6s playing before you sold it?
Yeh I listened to it a few times, I was actually going to compete with it a MECA finals in 2011 ( I think) but oil pan drain plug stripped out day before had to leave and then was just a series of events that made it so couldnt go.

Original set up had Xtant/Morel 5s as a point source.

anyways, it had really good soundstage relative to listening position. really good depth and layering and just overall the stage presentation was really good. It helps the dash was very shallow to begin with and not a big dash to obstruct sound or create perceptions of a larger boundary.

It had enormous potential to sound REALLY good, just ran out of time and space to do anything with it, plus I had the Ti and the Lancer at the time so the Coupe never got as much time as it needed.

the Lancer has a really cool (IMO) set up as well that you may consider

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #379
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Car Tunes Stereo Center Berkley, MI
Position:
Garage Manager

Rep Power: 144 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Reminds me of Strakele's Lancer. His sounded pretty good, so I imagine this did well also.

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Skydiving without a parachute is a once in a lifetime experience.
JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #380
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 137 benny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nice

thanks for the feedback, mic - appreciate your thoughts and input based on your experiences. gets my mind going...not sure where...but going...going...gone!

ben zimmerman
SQOLOGY Podcast

team hybrids : team brax-helix usa : team mobile audio plus : team strictly sound quality
Old 1 Week Ago   #381
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Not car. Not audio. But my truck got a 3" lift and new wheels.

ben zimmerman
SQOLOGY Podcast

Old 1 Week Ago   #382
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Guess I never posted the rest of the audio updates for the tuck either.

2 12" Clarus subs went in a ported Fox box under the rear seats, a P Six DSP mk2 went under the front center seat, and the factory dash grills were opened up with new grills with L3SE mids under them. Unity 6x9s remain in the doors.

ben zimmerman
SQOLOGY Podcast

The Following User Says Thank You to benny z For This Useful Post:
mrichard89 (2 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #383
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Car update.

ben zimmerman
SQOLOGY Podcast

diy.phil (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #384
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

ben zimmerman
SQOLOGY Podcast

Old 5 Days Ago   #385
Classifieds Access
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 42 #1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough

snip snip
#1BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #386
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 10 mrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enough

Love the simplicity of the truck install! Would you be willing to post a short sound demo video of it sometime? Do you have a dedicated sub amp, or are you running each sub on it's own channel of the p-six at 2 ohms? Thanks!
mrichard89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #387
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Thanks... I can try to make a vid of the truck sometime soon. The P SIX drives everything, including the subs. Subs are dual 4 ohm coils wired for 2 ohm load... with the ported box there is PLENTY of sub bass.

Kick status in the car!

ben zimmerman
SQOLOGY Podcast

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny z For This Useful Post:
captainobvious (2 Days Ago), mrichard89 (2 Days Ago)
Old 2 Days Ago   #388
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 10 mrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the update, Ben! Can't wait to follow along with the progress. How many of the hybrid audio amps are you planning to use in the install at this time?

Regards,
Matt R
mrichard89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #389
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 197 captainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to all

I like it Ben. Looking forward to hearing it after all of the new work. So what is going on with the trunk? Just installing the new amps or are you redoing a bunch of stuff there?

------------------------------------------------------
2016 Pennsylvania State Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- IASCA Amateur
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #390
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Default BMW E46 Kick Refinish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichard89 View Post
Thanks for the update, Ben! Can't wait to follow along with the progress. How many of the hybrid audio amps are you planning to use in the install at this time?

Regards,

Matt R

I've got 3 of the 5ch amps to use... Basically a left side amp and a right side amp with the "big" channel going to the 8s and the other channels bridged to the midrange and tweeter. Then the third amp for the sub (big channel) and 4 additional channels to play with rear fill/possible center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
I like it Ben. Looking forward to hearing it after all of the new work. So what is going on with the trunk? Just installing the new amps or are you redoing a bunch of stuff there?

Yeah, trunk is gutted to install the new processor and amps, and finish the trim panels. Not sure on layout yet. May be a similar stair-step layout to how the Zapcos were installed, or may be something different altogether. Kinda leaving that up to Toby's creativity.

ben zimmerman
SQOLOGY Podcast

Last edited by benny z; 2 Days Ago at 11:44 AM..
captainobvious (2 Days Ago)
Old 2 Days Ago   #391
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 128 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

It's funny as we are both named " Ben " and I also have a Ram 1500...

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 /Audison APK-165....

Selling Sinfoni nib speakers ......
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #392
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 121 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

Aww how cute

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

2013 VW CC and as I said down low!

When You Think Your Done! Reality is..... is just the beginning
quickaudi07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to quickaudi07 For This Useful Post:
Coppertone (2 Days Ago)
Old 2 Days Ago   #393
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
It's funny as we are both named " Ben " and I also have a Ram 1500...

...and a car audio problem, apparently!

ben zimmerman
SQOLOGY Podcast

Sponsored Links
Advertisement