Little project for dad, 84 C10 Widebody - Page 25 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #601
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 47 1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Little project for dad, 84 C10 Widebody

1FinalInstall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #602

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 carlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enough

That mount is coming together really nicely. And not to mention those door panels buddy... I'm certain they will look awesome when upholstered.
carlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #603
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 100 sinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enough

It just keeps getting better. Those doors are KILLER! Keep up the good work man!

sinister-kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #604
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 47 1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlr View Post
That mount is coming together really nicely. And not to mention those door panels buddy... I'm certain they will look awesome when upholstered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister-kustoms View Post
It just keeps getting better. Those doors are KILLER! Keep up the good work man!
Thanks guys!! Worked on the lower doors tonight. These panels will be directional pointing towards the front. Note the second cut is very similar to the main door design.

Old 1 Week Ago   #605
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 100 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

I love watching this come together!

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #606
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno14 View Post
I love watching this come together!
I love getting feedback like this!! Thank you.
Old 5 Days Ago   #607
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

So happy to get the drivers door mounts and fitment between upper and lower panels finished up!

Old 4 Days Ago   #608

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 6 Swaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enough

How many hours do you think you have invested already
Swaglife81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #609
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaglife81 View Post
How many hours do you think you have invested already
I honestly couldn't tell you. Typically, I get going around 2pm and work until 10-11pm so when I'm feeling good, roughly 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. I think a pro could have knocked the job out in a month. My brain is working much slower now days.
Old 4 Days Ago   #610

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 carlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enoughcarlr will become famous soon enough

Once again - so impressed with the level of craftmanship on this. Any concerns around weight of the final door product?
Old 3 Days Ago   #611

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 91 BP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enoughBP1Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up Re: Little project for dad, 84 C10 Widebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FinalInstall View Post

I honestly couldn't tell you. Typically, I get going around 2pm and work until 10-11pm so when I'm feeling good, roughly 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. I think a pro could have knocked the job out in a month. My brain is working much slower now days.
Ain't nuttin wrong with taking your time to do it at the level you're DOIN' IT!

2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 5.4L 2wd, Jensen VX7020, Boston Acoustic GT-42, Kicker KS68's, Power Acoustik BAMF 5500/1D, 2 Polk Audio MM1540DVC's in 3.25ft Sealed.
BP1Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #612
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 22 dawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enough

What do you plan to use for the finish on the doors? Are they going to be vinyl or painted?
Curious to see what you use to attach the different layers.
dawaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #613
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlr View Post
Once again - so impressed with the level of craftmanship on this. Any concerns around weight of the final door product?
Honestly, yes. I lightened up the passenger by roughly 7 pounds while building it yesterday. I'll take some of the wood out of the driver too a bit later. Dad doesn't have a problem closing it the way it is, so it will essentially be for functionality over time.

If anyone is curious what magnets I'm using, here is the info. I bought the fornster bit from Amazon. Figured I'd only need 1 size so instead of buying a multi pack, I paid a bit more for a carbide 15mm, it was under $15.

https://www.apexmagnets.com/15mm-dia...5mm-thick-disc

15mm x 5mm = 13lb pull Power

I also covered the whole second panel with polyester resin prior to spreading.

Old 2 Days Ago   #614
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawaro View Post
What do you plan to use for the finish on the doors? Are they going to be vinyl or painted?
Curious to see what you use to attach the different layers.
The outside will be leather or vinyl and I'll be using contact cement to attach the material. All panels are attached with neo magnets. The panels under the main outer form will be diamond stitch on vinyl (top) and smooth no stitch lower. The armrest will be carbon fiber with insert in leather & carbon.
Old 2 Days Ago   #615
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
Ain't nuttin wrong with taking your time to do it at the level you're DOIN' IT!
Thanks brother!
Old 2 Days Ago   #616
DIYMA 500 Club

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
cartoys
Position:
Install Manager/ Goofball

Rep Power: 52 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

Keeps getting better.
I love these tributebuilds. Man this is so awesome and inspiring.
Sick skills and fun times for sure. (Minus the saw dust)

Frikkin nerd out man!
oabeieo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #617

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FinalInstall View Post
Honestly, yes. I lightened up the passenger by roughly 7 pounds while building it yesterday. I'll take some of the wood out of the driver too a bit later. Dad doesn't have a problem closing it the way it is, so it will essentially be for functionality over time.
All too familiar with that. It is almost always a trade off between stability/endurance and weight. Anyhow it looks freaking great!
Old 1 Day Ago   #618
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabeieo View Post
Keeps getting better.
I love these tributebuilds. Man this is so awesome and inspiring.
Sick skills and fun times for sure. (Minus the saw dust)
+1 on the saw dust!!! Man....
Old 7 Hours Ago   #619
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement