Old 3 Weeks Ago   #426
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:
Install Manager/ Goofball MECP advanced certified

Rep Power: 60 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 12 fit SQ 2 seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Kick build in a little Honda. Step by step please Sir.. Glassing doesn't scare me but the wire moving and hood release stuff looks like an absolute PITA. Inspire me! Hahaha . The thought of a sealed kick setup though without having to make holes where Honda didn't intend them is appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ha!

well , you got me talking about a setup I had on hand, got to thinking and was like, hell im talking myself into it more than you...lol (j.k)

So far I like it quite a bit not as much big easy midbass as the 10s have them working 10x as hard as the 10s to get the same output but dam lil speakers keeping up. Bridged 600/4 on the playing to 60 , yeah they getting a ass whooping but it hangs.......

For a non horn system it would be perfect, I have at least 10db of sensitivity to make up by using them. The hoodlatch and small area will be tough but heck look at Erin's car, I mean or steves van, I think I can squeeze a 8 in a Honda if they can fit 10s

im so in love with my speakers I found a song I sing to them

https://youtu.be/VgU6LXY-AjI
oabeieo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to oabeieo For This Useful Post:
Babs (3 Weeks Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #427
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Rep Power: 60 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
Been really tough times here (divorce with kids involved)...posted little thing in OT about things. On a positive note, got some BNIB TAD TD2001s and they'll fit my car with the big body horns.

No, we don't want to listen directly on axis. No, the reflector is there to realign the wave front especially for the high frequency. I think you would need to change the coverage angle of the throat and/or the crossfire of the throat to do
The big D oh man I'm so sorry.
Been there , it sucks.

BNIB 2001s :eek: wowzers .....
(Big time jealous) I need get diaphragms for mine yet. At 1700$ I've been a lil slow to do that with the house purchase and all. You've got to do the install on those.

So coverage angle in the throat, I'm guessing taller being all the horns I've seen for on-axis have a much taller body all together:
I wish I knew how to hornresp better. Such a complicated program at times and even tho I can widdle through parts of it I always seem to get some sort of error and it diminishes my confidence.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #428
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Guys, look at this ,
I chased this for a while ,
Is this a bad 2408h?
How in the hell did the gap get off centered?

I thought it was Dirac playing distorted sweeps , was this the whole time wtf
So confused .

How could the pole piece be off center, wtf this doesn't make sence it's fixed to bottom plate like it's all one piece but it's aligned with the neo so wtf .....

This doesn't make any sence it scratched the coil and rubbed it

photo hosting sites

Last edited by oabeieo; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:28 AM..

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #429
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Put the 4552nd on. Now that I know it's not the amp I bridged one of the focal amps on the BMS ......ahhh it gets silly loud now.

Now let's see if I can blow out a BMS driver ...

What's weird is I've always been told compression drivers are almost impossible to blow. :/
that's weird I now have 4 sets of CDs with problems....yeah not so.

Cd10nd = bad diaphragm
2408h= bad diaphragm
Radian450bp = bad diaphragm
De500= bad diaphragm

I just ordered a new diaphragm for the beyma and a replacement 2408H.
This is just strange

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #430
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Took out the 4552nd

Put in es audio pro driver just for fun.

I'm tired of tuning now. I'm glad I fixed the mystery
Of the jbl but sad I have to wait for new one to get here.

It just sucks every time I get a really really good tune goin on something fucks up.
Uuuuggghhhhhh
I need take a week off of it and start some fab. I'm loosing motivation again.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #431

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Yourconfused will become famous soon enoughYourconfused will become famous soon enoughYourconfused will become famous soon enoughYourconfused will become famous soon enoughYourconfused will become famous soon enoughYourconfused will become famous soon enough

I have a 2015 Fit that I am trying to get a decent sounding system in and just ran across this thread. I can only see txt on my work pc, because gay, but look forward to reading all 4310,000 posts in it so far. lol
Yourconfused is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #432
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 251 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

How do you like Eric's driver compared to the Celestion and JBL?
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #433
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Quote:
How do you like Eric's driver compared to the Celestion and JBL?
I haven't heard anything as good as the jbl in that price point.
I've got a sweet place in my heart for it tho and it's biased

Eric's driver plays higher and lower hands down and uses much less eq.
I like Eric's driver for its low order roll off on the bottom and tons of high end sparkle , in fact I've had to cut 16-20k (weird right)

The jbl has no breakup modes what so ever and it's 1.6k to5kz will fry your arm hairs if uncontrolled ( in a good way)

The jbl has amazing polar responce on Eric's horn. Best I've used yet.
Just can't play below 1.6 and rolls off at 14k

The celestion to me reminds me a lot of Eric's pro driver. Very similar sound.
The compneo sounds noticeably better than the celestion. Although both have very similar polars but Eric's driver has better clearer bottom end. Obviously
(Were talking the CDX 1-1425 right). That's the only celestion CD I have at the moment

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #434
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 251 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

I hooked one up on the display yesterday and thought it sounded damn fine. It's no TAD...but it's not 15 pounds and the size of a CS130D alternator either.

I was surprised and the top end of Eric's driver...clean and extremely detailed. It needed a little EQ (probably a XO would have fixed that since I had it running near fullrange), but nothing major.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #435
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Quote:
I hooked one up on the display yesterday and thought it sounded damn fine. It's no TAD...but it's not 15 pounds and the size of a CS130D alternator either.

I was surprised and the top end of Eric's driver...clean and extremely detailed. It needed a little EQ (probably a XO would have fixed that since I had it running near fullrange), but nothing major.
Dood no joke,
It's my when all else fails I know I can easily get a solid tune from it.

I try different stuff but always seem to go back to the compneo

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #436
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourconfused View Post
I have a 2015 Fit that I am trying to get a decent sounding system in and just ran across this thread. I can only see txt on my work pc, because gay, but look forward to reading all 4310,000 posts in it so far. lol

Oh nice!

Yeah the 15 has smaller side windows, could fit a 4"/1" up there and some kicks or doors

My advise, don't play them firing into each other, the suckout at315 is outrageous, I would have them more on axis and you should be fine.

Overall the width of the car makes it so easy to get good even sound from side to side without massive changes in polarity between sides.
Bad thing is the 315hz suckout really screws up impact in a very bad way.

The kicks work nice , and under back seat firing forward works nice too..

I can almost completely kill the suckout with a underdash driver firing down at floor. ..........

I'm thinking some sort of under dash /sub dash pod for a 6.5 in a bigger sealed box and not do kicks. Play to to 400 and than keep the upper dash set up.....
Not 100-% but it's going that direction.

Please post pics when you start it

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #437
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

The tru line amp didn't work, had noise need to send it back , I know they'll fix it they awesome .

So I hooked up the tube pre amp to focal amp to help with the Dirac lost gain. It does the trick. Not super fancy on the tube sound. It adds distortion and a weird reverb to certain frequencies. But meh it does the trick for now.

Got another set of 6g40's from a dood on here , great deal and they like brand new.

I'll try those with the jbl and put the 6nd430s in kicks ....
For now I have the es pro driver installed. What a nice sounding driver. Super pleased with it so far.

images upload

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #438
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Rockin the cd10nd compression drivers
Have a new found respect for this driver
It's a MF to tune but dam it's got some serious
Motor strength ........... (electromagnetism ahhhhhh)

Took the subs out,
Running the 10s
6nd430 in kicks
6g40nd uptop
Cd10nd uptop

The beyma mid is viscous as well. It doesn't like the shallow slope
With a 100hz fs, but I don't play it to its max or at least to its breakup point.

With subs out the 10s play all the way down , sound excellent even with a rolloff around 100hz. Dirac does such a nice job. Sq is better subless, I think maybe a 10" sub up front is all I'll want...... 15"s not going back in. That's a definite.

I hardly had them on They played down in the 10-20hz range so well but I don't think I'll miss it for having to have it in the back and the weight.
Anyway with the subs out Diracs behavior for tuning without the sub on sure did lock in a much deeper and fuller sounding midbass.

If I do decide to do a sub again, I won't tune Dirac with it , I'll just run it a 3way and let Dirac dial the fronts. Than add the sub and make my own fir adjustments after Dirac correction, won't be hard at LF. Take some measurements and use rephase and a 2x4HD. Especially with a he way REW is now integrating rephase ,
It is becoming easier and easier to build a rephase file that doesn't take hours and hours to accomplish.

photo upload sites

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #439

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 124 SQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enoughSQram will become famous soon enough

Is that a gap between the driver and the horn body?

I'd file/notch the bodies so they mate up seamlessly, pretty common mod with the mini 1E bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabeieo View Post

SQram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #440
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQram View Post
Is that a gap between the driver and the horn body?

I'd file/notch the bodies so they mate up seamlessly, pretty common mod with the mini 1E bodies.
Lol , yes it is!

I've filed a old set of minibodies to accommodate this driver
But since sold that set, I made a cardboard/gaskettape gasket for this one
You can see it in pic.

I don't plan on keeping the cd10nd on there, I will be using the es compneo as a permanent driver, so I didn't want to file out this set. I'm sure it a affects sound , don't care still sounds good. Just want keep this set bodies clean

Good eye

Last edited by oabeieo; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:56 AM..
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #441
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 65 nadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
i gaffers-taped off the back so no gunk would get in during shipping. they were only a month old before i pulled them.

nadams5755 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #442
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
i gaffers-taped off the back so no gunk would get in during shipping. they were only a month old before i pulled them.
Lol, yeah I saw that.

I used diffrent tape and a piece of cardboard to cover the vent slightly to raise the Q just a Scosche

Basicly rolled a piece of cardboard and slid it in the vent to make the vent smaller, than folded the ends over the backplate and taped it down so it can't fall in and hit the cone.

Last edited by oabeieo; 1 Week Ago at 08:19 PM..
Old 1 Week Ago   #443
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Got a brand new 2408h

Put beyma mids in kicks and the 6nd back up to

Trying things backwards, and having some unexpected good results
I have the 18sound crossed at250 and the jbl at1.6k
On RTA when both playing acoustically they almost meet up.
Threw the mid in kick and have a narrow bandpass 1oactave

So far it's clearer by quite a bit and the midrange is better by a lot.

Have to try it for a few days to see if I'll like it
It's way way clearer in mid, 100% less reflections

image hosting over 5mb

Last edited by oabeieo; 1 Week Ago at 11:44 PM..
Old 1 Week Ago   #444
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

The new 2408h is so dope!

The car has never sounded better.

Notice finally a fucking clean as fuck impulse?

Well I read a holy shit ton about fir and phase and
I've been doing things right, but wrong at same time.

So , after taking a shit ton of measurements in car,
I've noticed filter ringing. Lots of it! And you'll never giess the cause the whole time.

It was the bloody pre tune.

Every time I would add peq and fir the fir would ring, not pre ring. That's different.

I would have small pre rings because of my 1st order fir on the hp of the mid, and it was inaudible, you could see the speaker midrange move at20-30hz when playing sweeps and hear a echoing up higher in harmonics but would go away once hit about 60hz (tap resolution picked up. The 2042t wasn't rolling my filter off right at low frequencies and caused a pre ring. So I made a 1 oactave overlapping filter centered at100, with a 12db slope which rolls off at50....got the to work no pre ring now at all....

But the ringing from peq was horrendous. Here's why.

1 I have 3 dsps after Dirac, Dirac was trying to correct phase, all the diffrent phase fingerprints (if you will) were making Dirac try to solve it in a very non linear fashion.
After making measurements I couldn't understand why I was getting a shit ton of smearing in the post IR.

I know the FFT is not too long, that's just silly talk with no more than 2042t per output with 6144 behind it, that's not even 13,0000 samples.

So , I took ALL the peq out, ran Dirac and fucking magic happened.

Added a small post tune to all dsps and made all dsps have same peq settings and now phase is perfect and have just a finch tiny small minimum phase bumps from minimal peq.

The vocal sounds spooky real, dead center both sides ....it's dooe!

Now. I want to add the peq in fir and do it all as a simple 2ch fir for everything and just divide it up amongst a 4ch keeping my fir crossovers as well.

With loopback you can see how fucked up a filter can ring when measurements are taken as far as the IR. It's crazy how even just a tiny bit of IIR peq drastically moves phase of everything, especially in the diffuse region of 500-1khz actually up way higher, but that's where things were getting mashed together. Not to mention Dirac was actually doing what it thought was right based on its input signal. It didn't know there was an electrical anomaly between channels.

So....run dirac no peq. No matter what, if you do use peq it has to be across all channels including the sub. It will still fix that, as long as it's all the same everywhere. I just had way way better results with no peq added.

dammit , that was a long and drawn out learning revolution. It kicked my ass every step of the way,

Old 1 Week Ago   #445
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Oh and I took the pokie ass kick pods out.

Just 10s, 6s and horns. No sub, 3way not 4way.

Still have the sub channel and amp hooked up just no sub.
The 10s play to 20 just fine , no need for a sub and it makes the sound better ....

I think I just want a small 10" sub that I can turn off just for when I want to party
The 15s will never go back in.

That also screwed up the overall sq , the 15s were fun but ruined the LF presence that I'm getting now with just the 10" midbass ....or shall I say 10" bass speakers

Old 1 Week Ago   #446
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Here is an excellent write up someone did.
Got me to go back to the basics and start over.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...n-corrections/

Last edited by oabeieo; 1 Week Ago at 11:42 PM..
Old 1 Week Ago   #447
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 63 Elgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Oh and I took the pokie ass kick pods out.

Just 10s, 6s and horns. No sub, 3way not 4way.

Still have the sub channel and amp hooked up just no sub.
The 10s play to 20 just fine , no need for a sub and it makes the sound better ....

I think I just want a small 10" sub that I can turn off just for when I want to party
The 15s will never go back in.

That also screwed up the overall sq , the 15s were fun but ruined the LF presence that I'm getting now with just the 10" midbass ....or shall I say 10" bass speakers
That must be cool, no sub and not needing one, my dream!
Not surprised less drivers sound better, but about the PEQS, I never had this kind of issue myself.
Sure if they’re too aggressive it can sound silly, but I have no need to go extreme pre-dirac.

Once I re-install everything I might try something with the 8x12, just for fun.
By using 2ch per driver with a steep XO in the middle, so 20 PEQS, just to check how it works... bad probably

And thx for the link, will read that soon

Horny Froggy...
Elgrosso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #448
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Peq is fine , as long as it affects every speaker for about an oactave past it's crossover
LF even more

Just using ANy peq on single drivers and having another driver within 2oqctaves or so will be disaster , and as lower frequency goes it needs to be on all the speakers .....

Import a measurement into rephase , make some IIR adjustments
Watch how drastically phase is moved all over the entire spectrum

It's astonishing
Than think about all the peq you have on other drivers

Try it

Old 2 Days Ago   #449
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

So,

Did a retune , this time I cranked the gains to 1/4 way up on amps.
As much as I hate high gaining it gets super loud now.
I am finally getting some impact back

Gains f$&@!ng suck.
I wish amps just had unity gain and no other setting.
Or better yet, I wish amps had a industry standardization to just have one input impedance,
And all dsp and headunit makers used the specs for that.

Everything would just be gained to perfection and no one would ever have much noise and everything would just sound good, nobody would be able to use mix match amps of different power output without upstream control

Or better yet, a standard hi def super high bit like USB or hdmi go into amps and no gains ,
Just a digital output control like JL amps have. Idk I'm rambling

Gains are necessary crude evil we must endure
There must be a better way.
Single ended just sucks period

Old 2 Days Ago   #450
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

My 2408h love affair continues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement