Toyota 4Runner SQ rebuild - Audible Physics, Zapco, OnCore, - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Car Tunes Stereo Center Berkley, MI
Position:
Garage Manager

Rep Power: 144 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Toyota 4Runner SQ rebuild - Audible Physics, Zapco, OnCore,

How did you like the Sonic Barrier deadener? It looks similar to Focal Bam XXXL and Soundskins. Wouldn't mind using it since I get stuff from PE in like 2 days. lol

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Skydiving without a parachute is a once in a lifetime experience.
JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #52

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 34 lowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enough

Almost done...

Team SSQ - Team Audible Physics - Team Zapco
2016 MECA: RTA Champion, SQ Street Champion, 3rd Street Install.
2016 IASCA: Novice SQC – Champion, Novice IQC – Champion
lowcel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 78 Got-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enough

Curious of our impressions of the SM12 oncore sub.. I have an SM12 and really enjoy it. Does not act like the other shallow mounts I have used but also takes a lot more box than any other shallow I have used. The good thing is being able to tuck it back further because of it's lower depth. Impressive subs.. quick..

Alpine CDE-164BT and Fiio X5 Gen 3
Mosconi 8 to 12 Aerospace DSP
Mosconi AS 200.2 - Morel MT23
Mosconi AS 200.2 - SB Acoustics Poly 6.5"
Mosconi AS 200.2 - JL 12W6V3 (sealed)
Got-Four-Eights is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #54

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 34 lowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-Four-Eights View Post
Curious of our impressions of the SM12 oncore sub.. I have an SM12 and really enjoy it. Does not act like the other shallow mounts I have used but also takes a lot more box than any other shallow I have used. The good thing is being able to tuck it back further because of it's lower depth. Impressive subs.. quick..
I haven't been able to hear them yet but everything I have heard from people has been positive. My goal is to have them playing by June 22nd.

On a positive note, I ordered the plexiglass for the sub enclosure a few minutes ago. Hope to build it this weekend.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #55

DIYMA Novice

Weekend plan:

Build sub enclosure. I may not be able to finish it. Plexiglass was supposed to ship on Tuesday but I haven't received any tracking information.

Mock up amp placement so I can get the cable lengths so Joseph can build my RCA cables.

Hopefully finish up sound deadening on the floor and B-pillars.

In the mean time, Ed Rice and Darin Laughard are working on something special for under the hood.

Old 1 Week Ago   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 197 captainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC/Hertz View Post
I want to drop the car off with Steve and do the 2.6. I just don't want the 2 on the pillar.
If we can fit it in a area where a sail panel would be and cover with grill cloth I'll do it. It'll vent into the top of the door skin. I like how my drivers completely disappear. I don't want one in my face.

Not sure what you mean by "vent into the top of the door skin"? You mean you'd cut a hole in the door skin?

------------------------------------------------------
2016 Pennsylvania State Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- IASCA Amateur
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 197 captainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to all

Looking great Bruce. I like the flocking job on the controller piece and Sony trim. I'm looking forward to seeing your trunk layout for the new gear.

Cheers bud

The Following User Says Thank You to captainobvious For This Useful Post:
lowcel (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #58

DIYMA Novice

I had big plans for this weekend, then my helper Murphy stopped by and he brought all of his laws with him. What should have taken a few hours ended up taking all weekend.

Enclosure pieces cut and primed.

Boot covered in man glitter.

I'm doing a double front baffle with the T-nuts on the outer piece. Due to that I had to counter sink them a little. Obviously my free hand router skills are lacking.

Since I am using plexiglass I decided to use screws instead of brads. I didn't want to take a chance on missing with the brads and messing up the inside of the box.

All screws pre-drilled and countersunk.

Second baffle applied.

All seams were then giving a coating of fiberglass resin inside and out to make sure the box is completely sealed.

I then painted it and it looked like crap.

So, I decided to paint it with SEM textured black paint. Unfortunately, it once again looked like crap.

After that I called it a day. Then this morning I went to Lowe's to get more sandpaper and more paint. I spent about two hours sanding it down. After I sanded it down I applied a think layer of bondo over the entire inside of the box to get it as smooth as possible. I then sanded it down, again.

After all that was done I applied three or four layers of primer. I then had to add a little more bondo to fix a couple of spots but I didn't photo that. I then primed it again, then added three or four coats of Satin White paint followed by a few coats of clear coat. I still need to touch up the black but that will just take a few minutes. Now I just have to wait for the plexi to be delivered.

Old 1 Week Ago   #59

DIYMA Novice

I guess I won't have an excuse not to get some work done this weekend. Speaker binding posts and banana plugs arrived today from MCM. Plexiglass arrived from Mr. Plastic (better late than never). I picked up a sheet of both 1/2" and 3/4" MDF from Lowes. Black Hole Tiles arrived as well. On top of that $100 worth of techflex shipped from Cable Ties and More. The paint marker should arrive from Amazon tomorrow to touch up the black on the speaker box.

Hopefully I can finish the enclosure up on Friday then work on amp racks Saturday and Sunday. I also plan to get all of my measurements for cables so I can get them to Joseph Davis on Monday.

One additional bonus, I go back to the doctor tomorrow. Fingers are crossed I get rid of the boot / air cast. Three months is long enough.

Old 1 Week Ago   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Looks good Bruce. Another option for the inside is to line the walls with acoustic foam like Pyramid or egg crate style foam. It actually ends up looking pretty good like that. Here is a nice example. Work was done by Mark Worrell in NC.

2008 4 door Civic build log. Pioneer, Phoenix Gold, Audible Physics, Scan, Exodus

2008 4 door Civic build log. Pioneer, Phoenix Gold, Audible Physics, Scan, Exodus

Old 1 Week Ago   #61

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
Looks good Bruce. Another option for the inside is to line the walls with acoustic foam like Pyramid or egg crate style foam. It actually ends up looking pretty good like that. Here is a nice example. Work was done by Mark Worrell in NC.

Thanks. Nick had suggested going that route as well. Once I get it playing and see how it sounds I may end up going that route. I really like how it looks with the eggcrate.

Old 1 Week Ago   #62

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25981 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

nice progress! looking forward to possibly hearing this and maybe grabbing lunch/dinner with you next month.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

My 2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build Log
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ErinH For This Useful Post:
lowcel (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #63

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 poormansporsche will become famous soon enoughpoormansporsche will become famous soon enoughpoormansporsche will become famous soon enoughpoormansporsche will become famous soon enoughpoormansporsche will become famous soon enoughpoormansporsche will become famous soon enough

Epic build. Looking forward to the results.

cheers

poorman
poormansporsche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to poormansporsche For This Useful Post:
lowcel (1 Week Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago   #64

DIYMA Novice

Worked a couple of hours this evening. I started by covering the front of the enclosure in beige vinyl. Next I used a round over bit on the plexiglass. Then I did a really crappy job of trimming the plexi on one side to allow room for the LED's. After that I cut out the holes on the outer trim piece. I removed a little from the back to allow room for vinyl and chamfered the front. I will cover it tomorrow. I did a test with the LED's after I finished up.

Old 5 Days Ago   #65

DIYMA Novice

Should be sufficient.

The Following User Says Thank You to lowcel For This Useful Post:
MBorgardt (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 121 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

You are insane buddy... Health whats that ?? lol

2013 VW CC and as I said down low!

When You Think Your Done! Reality is..... is just the beginning
quickaudi07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #67

DIYMA Novice

I finished preparing to install the back plexiglass panel then realized that the techflex isn't going to show up for the speaker wires for a couple of more days. Murphy's law gets me again.

I installed the binding posts in the enclosure and added the zip tie holders. Everything is ready for the techflex.

Holes all drilled and countersunk.

This is one of the problems with not having a garage. I was gluing the vinyl when a big gust of wind surprised me.

So, I got a new piece of vinyl and tried again.

Old 5 Days Ago   #68

DIYMA Novice

Next I added some spacers / risers in the vehicle for the sub box and amp rack.

Then I had to add a bunch more risers for the sub box.

Damn those are sexy!

Battery is just there to power the lights. This is how it sits now, except the amps haven't been screwed in yet so I removed those. Tomorrow I'll work on the amp racks so more.

The Following User Says Thank You to lowcel For This Useful Post:
Coppertone (5 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #69

DIYMA Novice

Another day with minimal progress. The best news is that the techflex came in yesterday so I was able to finish the sub enclosure.

Next, threaded brass inserts and security screws to keep the amps safe.

Then the wonderful fun of drilling the holes for the snap grommets and finally covering the bottom of the amp rack in beige vinyl.

Last but not least, starting on one of the sub amps.

Old 3 Days Ago   #70

DIYMA Novice

I finished up for the day. I didn't get much done but to be honest I'm tired and my ankle is hurting me pretty bad. After wearing that boot / air cast for three months I probably over did it the second, third, and fourth day without it.

I have discovered one of my new favorite tools though. Last year I used a screw driver to install all of the brass inserts. This little tool makes it so much easier.

I got the amp rack for the second Z1KD amp mounted temporarily and drilled the holes for the snap grommets.

Than I extended some wires for the LED's for the subs.

The right side is crooked here but it's not permanent yet.

Had a little helper for a bit. I guess he wanted to dry off. Weather was a bit nasty.

Pretty security screws holding the Helix DSP Pro MK2 in place.

Unfortunately I ran out of room in the back so it is going to be in front of the enclosure.

I placed my order for plexiglass yesterday and for the rest of the power wire and speaker wire that I'll need a few minutes ago. I also sent my RCA measurements to Joe Davis, he will get started on them as soon as he receives the RCA plugs and techflex from me. If the plexi comes in by Friday I should be able to get a lot of work done next weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement