LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 136 GlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enough

Default Re: My '04 VW R32 finished pics

VERY nice craftsmanship.

The trunk parts are a bit protruding....but well executed.

Is this your daily driver or your TOY/project car?

///Alpine / Soundstream / Image Dynamics / MB Quart / Fountek

---Custom fabricated speaker baffles and templates---
GlasSman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #27

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
VW OEM retrofit
Position:
IT Technician / Installer

Rep Power: 95 glidn will become famous soon enoughglidn will become famous soon enoughglidn will become famous soon enoughglidn will become famous soon enoughglidn will become famous soon enoughglidn will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to glidn

Very nice work on your install. I myself due to requirement went for a full Stealth install.

but i must admit i'm really liking the kicks.

How do you find the Staging on the three ways where everything is located?

I found running tweeters down in the kick panel brings the imaging up rather nicely. But i must admit on my Daily mk4 GTI i'm still actually running the factory front and rear speakers amp with around 100wrms into them.

but i like the Floating amp effect too.

How do you rate the Alpine PDX Amps?
glidn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #28

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 82 KennyT will become famous soon enoughKennyT will become famous soon enoughKennyT will become famous soon enoughKennyT will become famous soon enoughKennyT will become famous soon enoughKennyT will become famous soon enough

love those alpine type x.you installed the midrange on axis to listener?have any idea if it will be installed off axis?btw i'm using the same fronts, but probably the older versions.
KennyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #29

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Buckshot Racing
Position:
Technician/fabricator

Rep Power: 86 JP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enough

My R32 is a second car. This sits in the garage most of the time. I built the system as a project and to do a lot of glass work while still retaining the rear seats. I relize the trunk is not for everyone but this is not a daily grocery getter.

I have not measured the internal volume of the kicks.

As far as the technical questions with staging and imaging, that's where I need help. I'm better with a welder and slinging glass. I love to fabricate.

I still need to get proffesional help to dial in the system.
JP Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 182 t3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of light

I suggest putting you mids in the kicks and your midbass in the doors. The midbass is going to be MUCH less affected by being off axis and closer to you compared to the mid. The mid will also need less enclosure space then the midbass, which is a setup that your current speaker locations seem to go accommodate better.

You could also try the tweeter next to the new mid location as well. It is so far away from you that you might be able to have decent stage height thanks to the reduction in of there vertical angle relative to your head.
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #31

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Buckshot Racing
Position:
Technician/fabricator

Rep Power: 86 JP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enoughJP Fabrication will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info. I switched the midrange to the kicks and midbass to the doors, disconnected the rear speakers, bridged the PDX-4.100 to the midbass.
I bought the Imprint H100 processor today. After I install the H100 I will be heading to the ALPINE party tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some tuning done while I'm there.
Old 08-22-2008   #32

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 95 rjcastr will become famous soon enoughrjcastr will become famous soon enoughrjcastr will become famous soon enoughrjcastr will become famous soon enoughrjcastr will become famous soon enoughrjcastr will become famous soon enough

Im looking at the monitor, i have the same one im trying to install it just like yours but im having a difficult time figuering out how your rear speaker on the monitor sounds if its sealed completely.

How did you get the BT to come from your system speakers?

I have the alpine h701 processor
rjcastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #33

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 99 cmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enough

I have the M740BT also. Do you have a problem with your wanting to shut off when the interior heats up? Mine shuts off when the ambient temperature in the interior of the car gets above 85 deg F. I hate to leave the car parked in the summer sun.
cmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #34

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Buckshot Racing
Position:
Technician/fabricator

I have no issues with heat on my 740BT and it's been over 100 degrees in my car.
As far as how it's wired, without a diagram showing how it's wired I'll give it a shot.

X-001 Ai-Alpine XM Ai out-XM Ai in- head unit port of KCA-410C switcher, 740BT rca out-Aux 2 of KCA-410C, Aux 1 of 410C is used for my DVD player.
I have the Int interupt/mute connected between X-001, 740BT and KCA-410C.
X-001 Int off
740BT-Int-On
740BT-Rear select-audio highlighted
740BT-Int Nav guide on

Does that make sense?
Old 08-30-2008   #35

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Buckshot Racing
Position:
Technician/fabricator

[/QUOTE]
Old 08-30-2008   #36

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Buckshot Racing
Position:
Technician/fabricator

These photos courtesy of "kenk"

Old 08-30-2008   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 99 BoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to allBoostedNihilist is a name known to all

What kind of volume did you end up getting in your kickpanels?
BoostedNihilist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #38

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Buckshot Racing
Position:
Technician/fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
What kind of volume did you end up getting in your kickpanels?
I never measured. I will measure them next time I have a chance.
Old 08-31-2008   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 87 slvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enough

you should be very proud of your work. Nicely done. Hope the costomer day allowed you to fine tune the car. I always liked the R32 adn almost bought one. That is until I found my 'dream car'. "2000 BMW M5 !!"

2007 Toyota Yaris Four Door, the only thing extra is AC and automatic.

System to come (eventually)
slvrtsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #40

Banned

Rep Power: 0 James Bang will become famous soon enoughJames Bang will become famous soon enoughJames Bang will become famous soon enoughJames Bang will become famous soon enoughJames Bang will become famous soon enoughJames Bang will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to James Bang

Jon here certainly does great work and everything definately looks better in person.
James Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 185 tr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond repute

Me like!
Very cool, love the 3-way Pro's

Check us out on Facebook
www.Facebook.com/Findlaycustoms
www.Findlaycustoms.com
www.Hybrid-audio.com
Top 100 Installer 2010
tr0y_audi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #42

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 88 jdc753 will become famous soon enoughjdc753 will become famous soon enoughjdc753 will become famous soon enoughjdc753 will become famous soon enoughjdc753 will become famous soon enoughjdc753 will become famous soon enough

Install looks sweet for sure. Most certainly some great work. Must sound awesome too, hope you had a chance to get it all tuned to your liking.

2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab
///Alpine - Sundown - Polk - Stereo Integrity
Build Log: Working on It!!
jdc753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #43

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 95 CRAM V will become famous soon enoughCRAM V will become famous soon enoughCRAM V will become famous soon enoughCRAM V will become famous soon enoughCRAM V will become famous soon enoughCRAM V will become famous soon enough

Looks awesome. Got myself a MKV GTI, so showing some Dub love.

Your V1 integration is awesome!

Deck: Eclipse CD7000; Speakers: Rainbow?? Amps: DLS?? Still researching/dreaming
CRAM V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #44

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
D-tronics
Position:
Installer

Rep Power: 0 nacholibres will become famous soon enoughnacholibres will become famous soon enoughnacholibres will become famous soon enoughnacholibres will become famous soon enoughnacholibres will become famous soon enoughnacholibres will become famous soon enough

nice install dude congrats i love vw,s
nacholibres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #45

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 88 moosejuice will become famous soon enoughmoosejuice will become famous soon enoughmoosejuice will become famous soon enoughmoosejuice will become famous soon enoughmoosejuice will become famous soon enoughmoosejuice will become famous soon enough

Very nice install....

Never quite done!!!!
moosejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #46

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 50 Fatboy will become famous soon enoughFatboy will become famous soon enoughFatboy will become famous soon enoughFatboy will become famous soon enoughFatboy will become famous soon enoughFatboy will become famous soon enough

are those kick pannels from Q logic
Fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #47

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Buckshot Racing
Position:
Technician/fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
are those kick pannels from Q logic
No, I made the kick panels.
Old 03-29-2012   #48

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
audio excellence
Position:
senior tech

Rep Power: 37 jpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enough

very nice, too bad your in cali, would love to hear it, id even help dial it in. car is also very nice, super clean.
jpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #49

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
audio excellence
Position:
senior tech

Rep Power: 37 jpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enoughjpeezy will become famous soon enough

was that steve brown in the car? that would be the person to dial that system in.
jpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #50

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Buckshot Racing
Position:
Technician/fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy View Post
was that steve brown in the car? that would be the person to dial that system in.
Yes that was Steve, he dialed the system in for me at the ALPINE customer show they had ALPINE.