LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 FloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enough

Default Ultimate Sound Deadening and more. 08 Tundra

You've probably seen this beast in the SecondSkin install videos and also on our YouTube channel. Vehicle is owned by FloridaSPL's Buzz Thompson. The truck is a 2008 single cab Toyota Tundra with a TRD supercharger (over 500hp) has less than 9k miles on in.

2 layers of Damplifier Pro, 6 layers of Spectrum, and a layer of Luxury Liner Pro are going in the cab. The doors... well the doors are done to the extreme as you've seen in the videos.... The doors are almost 5' long and have take about a bulk pack of Damplifier Pro in each.

The Truck

Buzz Starting on the first layer of Damplifier Pro on his 5' long doors.

Once he starts he can't stop..

You guessed it.. time for Spectrum..

Spectrum after spraying..

About a month later after adding layers of Spectrum, it's cured

Last edited by FloridaSPL.com; 04-11-2009 at 09:21 AM..
FloridaSPL.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 FloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enoughFloridaSPL.com will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ultimate Sound Deadening and more. 08 Tundra

Interior gutted

Taking out the factory deadening (this wasn't easy)

2 Layers on the back wall

2 layers on the ceiling

Oh yes.. even the dash is coming out!

naked firewall

This is a lot of work! whew..

Last edited by FloridaSPL.com; 04-11-2009 at 09:19 AM..
Old 04-11-2009   #3

DIYMA freshman

Now that the cab has 2 layers of Damplifier Pro, it's time for Spectrum (6 layers!)

Finally cured

Last edited by FloridaSPL.com; 04-11-2009 at 09:19 AM..
Old 04-11-2009   #4

DIYMA freshman

Hmm what's next.. 2 cases of spray foam to fill the areas SecondSkin can't get too

Last edited by FloridaSPL.com; 04-11-2009 at 09:18 AM..
Old 04-11-2009   #5

DIYMA freshman

Luxury Liner Pro up next.. (this stuff rocks!)

Last edited by FloridaSPL.com; 04-11-2009 at 09:17 AM..
Old 04-11-2009   #6

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 100 Viperoni will become famous soon enoughViperoni will become famous soon enoughViperoni will become famous soon enoughViperoni will become famous soon enoughViperoni will become famous soon enoughViperoni will become famous soon enough

I find it interesting that you guys used that expanding foam to fill the cracks as I was just reading a Build log on a guy that used an expanding foam for the purpose of stiffening his chassis. Apparently it's measured in "pounds" and can very significantly strengthen the chassis of a car... I wonder how much something like that would help your cause?

I would think that the foam you used seals crevices, but wouldn't add very much strength, which you'd probably only need if you're going for SPL....

Some pretty nice work you're doing there too though! That takes a lot of patience, that's for sure!!

2006 Saturn Ion Redline
DEH-80PRS so far...
Viperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #7

DIYMA freshman

Now onto the panels.. this requires a lot of patience. Damplifier, Overkill

Sick!

FloridaSPL.com
The Loudest Website in the South!

Last edited by FloridaSPL.com; 04-11-2009 at 11:31 AM..
Old 04-11-2009   #8

DIYMA freshman

Door panels

Damplifier Pro

Whoa.. you know many pieces that is? And cut to fit?

Overkill Pro and OverKill

FloridaSPL.com

Last edited by FloridaSPL.com; 04-11-2009 at 11:31 AM..
Old 04-11-2009   #9

DIYMA freshman

Hope everything goes back together..

FloridaSPL.com
Old 04-11-2009   #10

DIYMA freshman

Now that some weight was added.. lets add some powa!

FloridaSPL.com
Old 04-11-2009   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 87 wu501 will become famous soon enoughwu501 will become famous soon enoughwu501 will become famous soon enoughwu501 will become famous soon enoughwu501 will become famous soon enoughwu501 will become famous soon enough

wow..props on the effort. I think that is the most dampening product I have eve seen installed in a single vehicle!!
wu501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 mxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enough

That is ridiculous! I would be curious to find out how much weight was added.
mxl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #13

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 Dougie085 will become famous soon enoughDougie085 will become famous soon enoughDougie085 will become famous soon enoughDougie085 will become famous soon enoughDougie085 will become famous soon enoughDougie085 will become famous soon enough

Wonder if you'll be able to hear outside sirens and cars passing by Very interesting!
Dougie085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #14

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 mxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enoughmxl16 will become famous soon enough

Have you thought about needing longer hardware (for seat brackets, seat belts, ect..)? Looks like you've added significant thickness.
mxl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #15

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 silverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enough

Amazing Job...Wow.
silverdiesel2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Bob'O will become famous soon enoughBob'O will become famous soon enoughBob'O will become famous soon enoughBob'O will become famous soon enoughBob'O will become famous soon enoughBob'O will become famous soon enough

that's pretty sweet!
Bob'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Car Teks Inc.
Position:
Jack of all trades

Rep Power: 92 Tonyguy will become famous soon enoughTonyguy will become famous soon enoughTonyguy will become famous soon enoughTonyguy will become famous soon enoughTonyguy will become famous soon enoughTonyguy will become famous soon enough

Holy Shit this is a tomb on wheels now. Great job man.

Refs: pionkej,sdsport92064,biga3723,lsm,rockinridgeline, scura,VPElectricity,negativegain,teenycar,MorfiusX ,pneffkell,JAX,jmhinkle,velozity,roxj01,pwlabrat

Tonyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #18

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 Badmunky will become famous soon enoughBadmunky will become famous soon enoughBadmunky will become famous soon enoughBadmunky will become famous soon enoughBadmunky will become famous soon enoughBadmunky will become famous soon enough

WOW!

Thats just sick!

I bet you have more time in to just what you have posted then most do in the there whole system install!

I sure would not want to see the bill to do all that!

later.
Badmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 159 Mooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie085 View Post
Wonder if you'll be able to hear outside sirens and cars passing by Very interesting!
Since deadener doesn't block sound (well), I would suspect his truck will still be plenty loud inside. The windows are also the weak link in sound blockage anyway.

Pioneer 880PRS, Tru SSLD6, Morel Supremo Piccolo, Hertz ML 1600, Morel 12" Ultimo, Tru Copper C7.4, Clarion DPX11551
Mooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009   #20
Upgrade Your Membership!

ADD DIYMA

Rep Power: 84 xanderin will become famous soon enoughxanderin will become famous soon enoughxanderin will become famous soon enoughxanderin will become famous soon enoughxanderin will become famous soon enoughxanderin will become famous soon enough

I hope you are sponsored..... I probably bought 3-4 cars for less than that much deadening material. Looking great!
xanderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 81 shadowfactory will become famous soon enoughshadowfactory will become famous soon enoughshadowfactory will become famous soon enoughshadowfactory will become famous soon enoughshadowfactory will become famous soon enoughshadowfactory will become famous soon enough

did you put LLP in the doors too?

looks amazing btw

Pioneer PREMIER
Zed/Arc/Diamond ~ Seas\Peerless\DIYMA12
shadowfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #22

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 30something will become famous soon enough30something will become famous soon enough30something will become famous soon enough30something will become famous soon enough30something will become famous soon enough30something will become famous soon enough

Wow...I'm amazed at the attention to detail in regards to the panel deadening. The OCD is strong with this one...
30something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 121 strong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enoughstrong*I*bumpin will become famous soon enough

that some serious sounddeadening...TRD ALL THE WAY BABY!
strong*I*bumpin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #24

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 silverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enough

How do you get rid of the factory sound deadening, I've tried everything except for an air chisel..
silverdiesel2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #25

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30something View Post
Wow...I'm amazed at the attention to detail in regards to the panel deadening. The OCD is strong with this one...
'Tis indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperoni View Post
I find it interesting that you guys used that expanding foam to fill the cracks as I was just reading a Build log on a guy that used an expanding foam for the purpose of stiffening his chassis. Apparently it's measured in "pounds" and can very significantly strengthen the chassis of a car... I wonder how much something like that would help your cause?

I would think that the foam you used seals crevices, but wouldn't add very much strength, which you'd probably only need if you're going for SPL....

Some pretty nice work you're doing there too though! That takes a lot of patience, that's for sure!!
Empty voids harbor resonance. Since they're not empty anymore, they are less noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl16 View Post
That is ridiculous! I would be curious to find out how much weight was added.
A couple hundred pounds. But that's nothing compared to the equipment going into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie085 View Post
Yes I will. The glass lets a LOT of noise in and there's nothing I can do about it. This is similar to wearing hearing protection. You still hear everything, it's just not as loud.

FloridaSPL.com