2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread - Page 10 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010   #226
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 135 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread

Ahh! Polks! Ears bleeding...

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011   #227
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 154 drocpsu will become famous soon enoughdrocpsu will become famous soon enoughdrocpsu will become famous soon enoughdrocpsu will become famous soon enoughdrocpsu will become famous soon enoughdrocpsu will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to drocpsu

I've been following your dash-sub project but just saw this one again.

Do you have a full-sized spare in your Sport? I think my SE only came with a doughnut. How much trunk depth did you lose by raising the floor like that? I love the under-spare sub enclosure. That's awesome. I would like to keep my trunk as usable as possible as well, and that would be a great option (though I Dont think I'd ever be able to make an enclosure like that one!) I've also been considering attempting a fiberglass side-facing enclosure behind one of the tire wells.

What's the max mounting depth for the front door woofers?

2010 Ford Fusion: Bone stock.
drocpsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2011   #228
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 135 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

My sport only came with a donut as well. I bought a used 18" sport wheel, and put on a tire that was plugged from me running over a screw. If you look back in the install thread I used 2x4's to create a frame, then 5/8" CDX covered in pad and carpet to create a new floor.

Thanks for the complements. I may be selling the amp rack, floor pieces, and sub box soon. They aren't being used in the new setup.

Max depth is subjective. It all depends on how thick your adapter piece is, and how big the motor structure is. If my motors were a bit smaller on the new midbass they would fit in well. Those are 4.3" deep.

Old 01-07-2011   #229
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Oh I forgot the other question. I lost about 4.5" of floor depth. 3.5" for the 2x4, 5/8" for the CDX, and about 3/8" for padding/carpet.

Old 01-07-2011   #230
req
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 164 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

well, your install looks pretty cool. I will be moving back to Syracuse in about 5 months.

by the way, what shop are you working at? i have been to a few ultimate edge shows in oswego and some at installations unlimited in syracuse.

Keep up the good work man!

req is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2011   #231
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

I work at a manufacturing facility. I get use of the tools after hours or during lunch hours. Don't work for a car audio facility. I know Ultimate Edge does alot of SPL shows.. I've only been to their store once. I met them at the car audio competition (SPL) down in Moorisville NY.

Old 01-07-2011   #232
req
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 164 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

ah ha! right on, i just figured you worked at a shop since your boss said it was uneven haha! well, if you are in the area when im around after may, ill shoot ya a pm and have a little SQ meet or somethin

Old 01-07-2011   #233
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Is it just me or do the people @ Installation Unlimited seem above everyone else? every time I ask about a product I get talked down to. I called about a Prs800 and the guy told me thats old they have the prs99 out. I asked what the changes are and he replied its a full competition headunit I asked what that meant as far as features and he said "it's competition headunit....." thanx but that doesn't get me any farther.

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2011   #234
req
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Ya they have been snooty for a long time because they are one of like three or four install shops in syracuse. They had some good guys working there a few years back but most of them were shady and I've heard stories of people getting robbed a few days after the install.. wonder who did it

Old 01-08-2011   #235

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Syracuse Customs
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 123 Syracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enough

Well good news is I'm opening my own shop In Syracuse for those very same reasons I'll be open in a few weeks I welcome anyone on the forum Love to help anyone I can out. Oh and I can tell you the difference between a 800 and a 99. All without acting like a stuck up prick !
Syracuse Customs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2011   #236
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryderso View Post
Well good news is I'm opening my own shop In Syracuse for those very same reasons I'll be open in a few weeks I welcome anyone on the forum Love to help anyone I can out. Oh and I can tell you the difference between a 800 and a 99. All without acting like a stuck up prick !
Sweet. I'll be sure to stop by.

Old 01-08-2011   #237
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Let us know when.... not that I want to dig into my pocket for a 99 but... wouldn't mind seeing what you have to offer.

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2011   #238

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Syracuse Customs
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 123 Syracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enough

I'll have ARC Audio, Exile Audio, some raw drivers and some used equipment I thank you for the support
Syracuse Customs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2011   #239
req
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

ill check it out too when i get back

Old 01-14-2011   #240
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Figured my amp rack install is better to have in the general building thread than the dash mounted subwoofer thread.

Here's some pics of the amp rack so far:

Old 01-14-2011   #241
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Old 01-14-2011   #242
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

CURRENT:

Amp rack in place. I'm thinking a 1/4" MDF panel wrapped in charcoal carpet to cap the end. I'm also going to install a trunk latch assembly to lock the amp rack in place.

Old 01-14-2011   #243

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 91 StruckBy99 will become famous soon enoughStruckBy99 will become famous soon enoughStruckBy99 will become famous soon enoughStruckBy99 will become famous soon enoughStruckBy99 will become famous soon enoughStruckBy99 will become famous soon enough

Good job on the amp rack and I love those huge F1 xovers!
StruckBy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011   #244
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Thanks.

After I make my custom RCA cables the clutter will be gone. Also going to center up the amp, and mount the distro blocks on the side wall of the tray (have a smaller + distro now). Then it's time to paint the inside, LED lighting, and a windowed cover.

Old 01-14-2011   #245

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 urban96 will become famous soon enoughurban96 will become famous soon enoughurban96 will become famous soon enoughurban96 will become famous soon enoughurban96 will become famous soon enoughurban96 will become famous soon enough

wow, lots of cuse ppl in here
urban96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011   #246
DIYMA 500 Club

Forever Install..Are you

12V Company:
Axxis Audio Pagosa Springs
Position:
Manager/Custom Installer

Rep Power: 218 tr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha you change your gear more than me!!

nice job keep it up!

Check us out on Facebook
www.axxisdurango.com
www.Hybrid-audio.com
Top 100 Installer 2010
tr0y_audi0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011   #247

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 81 LeandroVeterinario will become famous soon enoughLeandroVeterinario will become famous soon enoughLeandroVeterinario will become famous soon enoughLeandroVeterinario will become famous soon enoughLeandroVeterinario will become famous soon enoughLeandroVeterinario will become famous soon enough

I love your Spare Subwoofer Box too! I get the pictures to show to the Audio Store, here in Brazil, to do a "copy" (with fiberglass and wood) in my Ford Focus Sedan. My subwoofer is a Morel Ultimo SC 121

I bought a used well too, with a new tire... thank's for that great idea!

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...y-20011-a.html
LeandroVeterinario is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011   #248
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 119 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

cheese and rice how many amps are in this thing i lost count? now your adding one to the rear deck? >_<
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011   #249

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 106 bikerider will become famous soon enoughbikerider will become famous soon enoughbikerider will become famous soon enoughbikerider will become famous soon enoughbikerider will become famous soon enoughbikerider will become famous soon enough

I think from his sig he is running everything off of the single Butler amp.

Justin, I have been reading this thread since you started this build, all I can say is wow, nice job - you definitely have some good fabrication skills!

Is anything else changing when you get the dash sub in?

2008 Nissan Altima | Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Front: US Acoustics USB-4085/Cadence 6.5" Mids/TB Ceramic Tweeters | Sub: US Acoustics USB-2080/DLS W308B (IB) x 2
bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011   #250
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Well outside of new midbass that should be about it. Once the sub is in, it's all about tuning. Maybe some aesthetic changes, but not sure yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement