2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 134 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread

Aiming to get them wrapped in glass this weekend.
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2009   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 118 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Subscribed. This looks very promising, good job so far.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 134 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Test Fit #2!

Much better angle to work with. Also less interference with the wiring and such behind the trim piece. Next up fiberglassing it home.

Old 11-20-2009   #29

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 asc55 will become famous soon enoughasc55 will become famous soon enoughasc55 will become famous soon enoughasc55 will become famous soon enoughasc55 will become famous soon enoughasc55 will become famous soon enough

Wow!
asc55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009   #30

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 titan 3 will become famous soon enoughtitan 3 will become famous soon enoughtitan 3 will become famous soon enoughtitan 3 will become famous soon enoughtitan 3 will become famous soon enoughtitan 3 will become famous soon enough

Subscribed! Great start!
titan 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 newtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enough

wow that is amazing routing skills on those planars

those are excellent mids by the way!!!! never even thought to mount them like that

well of course I dont have skill like that with my router either lol

great work
newtitan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 101 sydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enough

cool install, certainly not normal.
+1 on the going active for now route.

Sydmonster, downunder.
sydmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Thanks guys. I love thinking outside the box. Still hoping to fit some fiberglass into my already crazy weekend.
Old 11-22-2009   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 101 sydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enoughsydmonster will become famous soon enough

oh and cool avatar...

Sydmonster, downunder.
sydmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Haha. Going to be a longer winter.
Old 11-23-2009   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 141 pwnt by pat is on a distinguished roadpwnt by pat is on a distinguished roadpwnt by pat is on a distinguished roadpwnt by pat is on a distinguished roadpwnt by pat is on a distinguished road

You would have been better off going with the first aiming. You're going to lose a lot of detail firing across the dash like your second pics. Also, instead of beaming being located around the width of the tweeter (4khz), you're looking at beaming based on length (1740hz).

The best way to go about it is doing it vertically on-axis. You don't loose too much visibility. Fab is slightly harder though

Or if you can push the tops towards the inside of the a-pillar and pull the bottoms out like this, that would be better too.

The closer you can keep the driver to on-axis the better. They look better your way, but you'll regret the way it sounds.

knowledge: acquaintance with facts or principles, from study or investigation (science)
ignorance: willful disregard of limitations in a current practice (inverse of knowledge)
stupidity: doing same thing over again expecting different results (application of igno.)

Last edited by pwnt by pat; 11-23-2009 at 12:45 AM..
pwnt by pat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009   #37

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 dominilaos will become famous soon enoughdominilaos will become famous soon enoughdominilaos will become famous soon enoughdominilaos will become famous soon enoughdominilaos will become famous soon enoughdominilaos will become famous soon enough

hope everything is going good
dominilaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009   #38

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 94 JKashat will become famous soon enoughJKashat will become famous soon enoughJKashat will become famous soon enoughJKashat will become famous soon enoughJKashat will become famous soon enoughJKashat will become famous soon enough

That sub enclosure looks SO NICE. When I don finally far asleep tonight I'm gonna be dreaming about that, for sure. LOL. Looks like your headed in the right direction. Can't wait to see the progress come along.
JKashat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Well painting all my trim and attempting to install it took up my whole weekend and then some. Crown molding sucks when installing an in older home!!! Nothing square about it. Also shouldn't of went out drinking saturday night... that didn't help me figure out the compound angles. Still more to go.

Well those are some good critiques regarding the placement. I do realize the planars off-axis response diminishes higher up the freq curve. These are being used as midranges, and not tweeters. I expect the crossover to be approx 700hz -> 3 or 4k. I don't know for sure what the F1 crossovers have in store for me.

I'm glad that I had them installed in the Car while I was driving around this weekend. I think I will be tipping them back a bit towards me. Maybe 1/2way between install 1 and 2.

Thanks for all the compliments.. This install is coming along nicely.
Old 11-23-2009   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 136 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnt by pat View Post
You would have been better off going with the first aiming. You're going to lose a lot of detail firing across the dash like your second pics. Also, instead of beaming being located around the width of the tweeter (4khz), you're looking at beaming based on length (1740hz).

The best way to go about it is doing it vertically on-axis. You don't loose too much visibility. Fab is slightly harder though

The closer you can keep the driver to on-axis the better. They look better your way, but you'll regret the way it sounds.
Here's are a set in my Car firing across the dash,(temp install) off axis on these are drop kick to the n$@$ flooring.... the only reason they aren't installed now is.... the left seems to be comming from in front of me, well because it was lol, his are alot more on axis than mine, I think he should do just fine, these have great response to 160 deg. iirc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV31668.jpg (40.5 KB, 1004 views)
File Type: jpg SNV31669.jpg (31.7 KB, 755 views)
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009   #41
ANT
Upgrade Your Membership!
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 369 ANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond reputeANT has a reputation beyond repute

Very creative. I like it!

ANT
ANT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo5upra View Post
Here's are a set in my Car firing across the dash,(temp install) off axis on these are drop kick to the n$@$ flooring.... the only reason they aren't installed now is.... the left seems to be comming from in front of me, well because it was lol, his are alot more on axis than mine, I think he should do just fine, these have great response to 160 deg. iirc

True. I had these in a box for like 4yrs... just collecting dust. Then we tried them out in turbo5upra's Car and I fell in love. Awesome midranges!
Old 11-23-2009   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
Very creative. I like it!

ANT
Ha got the Admin approval. Must be doing something right.
Old 11-23-2009   #44

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 BY-RONALD will become famous soon enoughBY-RONALD will become famous soon enoughBY-RONALD will become famous soon enoughBY-RONALD will become famous soon enoughBY-RONALD will become famous soon enoughBY-RONALD will become famous soon enough

Great !!! Good Job!!!
BY-RONALD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2009   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Ha, always in the quest for perfection I'm creating new rings. Deal hasn't come along for the F1 tweeters I had my heart set on.. so I'm going line array style. I'm going to run a neo3PDR for a tweeter on top of the neo8PDR as a mid. More pics to come today.
Old 11-24-2009   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Changing rings to accomodate my neo3PDR tweeters, and the neo8PDR midranges. Haven't cut the holes for the rear poles yet. Ran out of time during lunch.

Old 11-24-2009   #47

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 baggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enough

subscribed.

Do you work in a cabinet shop or something?

Zapco Studio amps. Linear Power PAII-R (TIPS mod'd),FI ,Hertz, MLA
baggedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2009   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Ha. Good guess. I'm actually the systems administrator for a local truss/stair/wall panel manufacture. As a fringe benefit, and being friends with foreman's I get free reign to use the shop tools for personal use. Also get materials at a discount cost. Helps to feed the addiction.

I have pretty much any tool I want available to me. Good way to spend lunch hours.
Old 11-24-2009   #49

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 baggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enough

Oh rats - that was my next guess. I saw the trusses in your first pic.

Zapco Studio amps. Linear Power PAII-R (TIPS mod'd),FI ,Hertz, MLA
baggedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2009   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 118 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

And you keep yourself thin. It's obvious you're not using your lunch breaks for their intended use.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement